booking discount for previous customer question

fragilek

My mil is thinking of rebooking she has sailed with RCI once as have my husband and I (for those that remember our problems, once was probably enough ;)).

She is thinking of rebooking and with her crown and anchor number she gets no discount the same with my husband but I get quite a good discount. We all sailed the same cruise at the same time of year- mil week before us- Why do I get the discount/ should I get a discount at gold level (7 days sailed) if so should they also get it. I get it on RCI website and on others both UK and US sites

Confused!!:confused:

You aren't getting a discount based on your C&A but there could be other reasons. Senior, place of residence, type of cabin. Did you book directly with RCl. It should tell you on your booking form.

My Dh and I live together and are the same age have only ever sailed on RCI once last year both in the same cabin lol so why do I get this good discount when I add my Crown and Anchor number into previous passenger booking forms and not him. - any ideas.

My Dh and I live together and are the same age have only ever sailed on RCI once last year both in the same cabin lol so why do I get this good discount when I add my Crown and Anchor number into previous passenger booking forms and not him. - any ideas.

does he have a crown and anchor number? Or, are you asking why you don't get a discount for him and another for yourself?

Depending on the discount it may only show up under person 1 in the reservation.

If you've only sailed once before, they have crossed your number with another person. They've been known to do that before.

If you've only sailed once before, they have crossed your number with another person. They've been known to do that before.

NOOOOOO! That links to all the problems we had on our cruise - My cabin was linked to someone else result- cruise from hell!!!!

What do I do my number was just assigned a few days ago and it only a few digits diff to my husbands which was assigned a hr or so later

Edited by fragilek

NOOOOOO! That links to all the problems we had on our cruise - My cabin was linked to someone else result- cruise from hell!!!!

What do I do my number was just assigned a few days ago and it only a few digits diff to my husbands which was assigned a hr or so later

Your numbers will not be the same. Numbers are assigned to each individual as they join C&A. There may be more female C&A Members than there are male members.

Re-read post #6.

No I mean that when they do the booking in their name (the only name given at the pricing stage other is just passenger 2) - there is no discount even with their C and A number

When I do it with my name and passenger 2 no C and A number - I get the same price as they get but when I add my C and A I get $400 off the total for 2 passengers.

I understand that with both passengers listed and both C AND A numbers given that we will only get one discount off - but it only happens if I am lead and put in my C and A number

The problem is its my MIL that want to book and she appears to get no discount even although she sailed the same cruise as me and has the same points - PS I have no other discount boxes ticked (as none apply)

No I mean that when they do the booking in their name (the only name given at the pricing stage other is just passenger 2) - there is no discount even with their C and A number

When I do it with my name and passenger 2 no C and A number - I get the same price as they get but when I add my C and A I get $400 off the total for 2 passengers.

I understand that with both passengers listed and both C AND A numbers given that we will only get one discount off - but it only happens if I am lead and put in my C and A number

The problem is its my MIL that want to book and she appears to get no discount even although she sailed the same cruise as me and has the same points - PS I have no other discount boxes ticked (as none apply)

I'd call C&A and ask them why there is a difference.

This does sound like there is an issue. I would call C&A. You don't want to book and then have them take the discount away down the road. Better to know upfront.

This sounds like the possibility exists you are still attached somehow to the problems you had with someone else.

This sounds like the possibility exists you are still attached somehow to the problems you had with someone else.

Ha ha- may be this a karma- a cheep cruise between whatever discount this is and the future cruise vouchers I have been given as compensation for all our issues- may be I will get tempted to try RCI again after all :eek:

Ha ha- may be this a karma- a cheep cruise between whatever discount this is and the future cruise vouchers I have been given as compensation for all our issues- may be I will get tempted to try RCI again after all :eek:

I remember the hell you went through post cruise, I am not sure I remember the pre cruise hell.

I fully understand your hesitation in wanting to cruise again but I would give it a try. lightning can't strike the same place twice... at least that is what they say.

When things do go right it can be very enjoyable, relaxing. exciting vacation

Good Luck :)