Do people actually pay full price for suites?

I recently looked at the new Residence Class being offered by Etihad.

Apparently it is booked solid.

Wow I just went to take a look it averages to about 1000 dollars a hour give or take for a 24 hour flight...some people have too much money...I watched the promotion video for it...it almost looked fake lol

Wow I just went to take a look it averages to about 1000 dollars a hour give or take for a 24 hour flight...some people have too much money...I watched the promotion video for it...it almost looked fake lol

24 hours?

Longest non stop flight is only 18

It is not a direct flight, none of them are, I think it flys Sydney - Dubai - London.

No airline adopted the B777LR which was the first commercial aircraft which could fly direct between any two airports on earth. Would have liked to have boarded here and go directly to Europe.

It is not a direct flight, none of them are, I think it flys Sydney - Dubai - London.

No airline adopted the B777LR which was the first commercial aircraft which could fly direct between any two airports on earth. Would have liked to have boarded here and go directly to Europe.

Not my cup of tea. My limit is around 8 hours

I can't see paying that kind of money on a garden variety Caribbean cruise with 6000 other people on board. I'd rather be on one of the luxury lines if I had that kind of money to spend..

While that makes logical sense, as we, too, dream of the day that we can sail on those small luxury ships- I also am reminded that I'm not the greatest sailor.

It's quite possible that the small ships are just too uncomfortable to enjoy. They do move a lot more than any of the massive ships.

Heck, I've dreamed of doing one of the sailing cruises, but I know that I may not enjoy a minute of it due to sea sickness.

While that makes logical sense, as we, too, dream of the day that we can sail on those small luxury ships- I also am reminded that I'm not the greatest sailor.

It's quite possible that the small ships are just too uncomfortable to enjoy. They do move a lot more than any of the massive ships.

Heck, I've dreamed of doing one of the sailing cruises, but I know that I may not enjoy a minute of it due to sea sickness.

I guess we won't know until we try one of the really small ships, but so far, we enjoy the ship's movement. Helps us sleep.:)

While even the big girls can rock and roll, that's a good point. While I've never had a problem on any size boat or ship, DW had rare occurrences of motion illness on smaller ships. It seems to me she hasn't had any issues since we've been sailing big. She's always prepared so we'll just have to try it out.

I'll admit I prefer smaller ships because of the movement. I was born with sea legs, and I go lights out the minute my head hits the pillow.

I have a neighbor in my Florida condo who works for Seven Seas and has told me she will work something out for me when I can secure time for a voyage. I look at their website every week and can't wait to visit some of the rare ports that only small ships can get to.

Haven't considered Azamara yet, but once I hit Diamond on RCCL this spring it may be time to try them as well.

After our recent cruise on Oasis with 6000 others, I have to admit I started looking at Azamara too.

I guess we won't know until we try one of the really small ships, but so far, we enjoy the ship's movement. Helps us sleep.:)

Us, too. It's the waking part that's the problem.

One day on the Enchantment, going through a winter storm- we slept really well all day. Head would not let us do anything else.

I'll admit to being a touch nervous on my first Oasis voyage coming in February. I'm so acclimated to tinier ships.

I'm fine with crowds of people, but cruises have a uniqueness where every single group seems to think they're entitled to special treatment because they paid so much for the trip.

It's the entitlements that get loud that turn the fire up on my snark. And I've been saving up a year of snark for that Oasis cruise.

Hopefully February is a safe time to cruise away from the school's out vacationers.

I think you have more cruise experience than me, but I'll chime in anyway. I was worried about the same thing on Oasis, but found it less crowded than any other ship I've been on. More space and more venues make it so. Also, the different venues tend to separate kids from adults.

One thing we kind of missed on Oasis were the ocean views (and we had 2 insides so this was a big factor) and the feeling that you were on a cruise with fellow passengers. It is more of a resort feel, with everyone doing their own thing. Lots of 1st time cruisers who don't really understand or seek the "we are all on this cruise together" sort of experience. We really enjoy meeting others, etc. and there were a lot of extended family cruisers/group cruisers who just wanted to hang by themselves. This was difficult for our teen, who is an only child. That said, we are doing Allure in January so we obviously loved our cruise and enjoyed Oasis.

I think February might have more kids than say early/mid December, but I doubt they will be an issue for you. Depends on when in February. Late Feb and you might have Spring-Breakers? Also, the weeks surrounding Presidents Day might be family cruise time. I know that my daughters school is off 2 days that week. We cruise the week of MLK because of this same scenario. Still, I don't think the ship will be overrun with kids.

Enjoy Oasis.

Koohiichan

I'm fine with crowds of people, but cruises have a uniqueness where every single group seems to think they're entitled to special treatment because they paid so much for the trip.

once i get time to do my review on my recent independence trip i am going to touch on this.

After our recent cruise on Oasis with 6000 others, I have to admit I started looking at Azamara too.

We were on her last week and my wife kept commenting that she felt more crowded than the last time we sailed her. One night we were talking to a staff member and they said that the crew was caught off guard with the numbers which they thought were largely due to the Allure being in Europe. I have to be honest, I really didn't notice the difference. We always check out Azamara too but that's about as far as it gets.

There is something nice about going on a smaller vessel. Nice and quiet. No queues. You do get more movement but you get a lot of freedom. This is how I have been used to cruising until now.

My usual cabin

attachment.php?attachmentid=365948&stc=1&d=1445548563

The Ensuite

attachment.php?attachmentid=365949&stc=1&d=1445548563

Living Room

attachment.php?attachmentid=365950&stc=1&d=1445548563

At Anchor

attachment.php?attachmentid=365952&stc=1&d=1445549197

Of course you have to be your own Captain, Chef, CD, Cleaner (and that's just the C's) and no exotic ports. It's a different life.

WB_03.jpg.d89769c4cdd4fd1ed6ad8407c119cb06.jpg

DSC_8344.jpg.819920ae4ad6f76682052e76caceb527.jpg

WB_01.jpg.bdd6514a1a55055a673e1894533d5d9b.jpg

Wavebreak.jpg.086450711923f5bac782f31077f200fa.jpg

Yes, good idea. We have just spent over $15,000 on a cruise and wonder how we let it creep up without considering one of the boutique ships? Let me know what your research comes up with?

There is something nice about going on a smaller vessel. Nice and quiet. No queues. You do get more movement but you get a lot of freedom. This is how I have been used to cruising until now.

My usual cabin

attachment.php?attachmentid=365948&stc=1&d=1445548563

The Ensuite

attachment.php?attachmentid=365949&stc=1&d=1445548563

Living Room

attachment.php?attachmentid=365950&stc=1&d=1445548563

At Anchor

attachment.php?attachmentid=365952&stc=1&d=1445549197

Of course you have to be your own Captain, Chef, CD, Cleaner (and that's just the C's) and no exotic ports. It's a different life.

Here is my view now, really don't even need to cruise to enjoy the ocean. ;)

1445550991072.jpg.db468b437792d7d98ca6c7d669a437c8.jpg

1445551044491.jpg.bea652edd218ed0c2da551135e87fe51.jpg

Bet his name was Mario.

Bob, I saw a video from Super Mario recently. He stated his TA gets the standard 150% single supplement that every other Pinnacle cruiser gets. I'm sure he gets a few extra benefits including his own office on Indy. However, it would be an incredible lifestyle.

Bob, I saw a video from Super Mario recently. He stated his TA gets the standard 150% single supplement that every other Pinnacle cruiser gets. I'm sure he gets a few extra benefits including his own office on Indy. However, it would be an incredible lifestyle.

On Legend, his office was a table in the smoking section of the pool deck. Even had a little plaque