Helicopter Tour in Kauai - Seating & Windows

sjmbruce

Sorry for another helicopter thread!

I have decided that Kauai is definitely the place to take the ride. All of the companies I have looked at have four seats in the back and my worry is my husband and I will both be in those seats.

Does anyone know of a helicopter tour company in Kauai that only had three seats in the back?

It'd be okay if one of us were to end up in the middle - just not both.

You will be seated according to WEIGHT....your preferences are of no matter in a helicopter! The weight must be distributed evenly...so everyone onboard is weighed and seated to "balance" the aircraft. Everyone has a view...no worries!

I can appreciate the prospective that the cost is so high got to get the window seat. FWIW I had a non-window, never felt cheated. Better get a good vendor with a great safety record than be obsessed with your window IMHO.

Google Eco-Star Helicopters, same ones used for Grand Canyon tours. This is what Blue Hawaiian uses. The cabin is virtually all glass, including the ceiling. There is not really any obstruction at all. I lucked out and got to sit up front next to the pilot, I suspect because I am a relative light weight, but I could be wrong about that. My DH sat in the back. He had zero complaints and in fact said that there was even a window in the floor back there. This is not like sitting in a plane where you are peeking through a small window.

Tips I have seen say to wear dark clothing, at least no white, to decrease reflection on the glass. As far as taking pictures, just my opinion, but I did not want to see these views through the lens of a camera. Put the camera down and immerse yourself in the experience. You can buy your video, which includes audio from inside your cabin.