Very Best Time To Cruise Tahiti/ Bora Bora, Etc.

IRIS FAYE

People have told me that July, August, Sept. are the best for temps., less humidity and less rainfall.

We are going Sept. 2006 on the Princess and staying pre and post at the Radisson.

Maybe you'll join us?

We just came back from the TP in early September. It is usually a good time to go to South Pacific, but we must have had unusually bad weather on some days..We had rain in Papeete a few days before the cruise started, it rained in the morning in Huahine and we had rain a few days post cruise in Moorea..most days were overcast but still warm(nice because the hot sun was not beating down on us all the time except in Bora Bora)

Even with the rain and the missed port of Rarotonga because of rough seas, I still like SP in September. Our COok Island land honeymoon in Sept 2000 was also fabulous weather except for light sprinkles one day. But even a crappy day in paradise is better than a sunny day at home or work!! No matter the weather..it will be a wonderful trip!

I might not be able to make it in 2006. I have a trip planned to the Holy Land in Israel and hopefully take in a little of Egypt. First time to go someplace not on a cruise ship. "Yuck" I am hoping to get to Tahiti in 2007 unless I win the lotto, then I will be there as soon as. I debated on seeing Tahiti thinking it was much like Hawaii, but the more I read, I am convinced it will be the best ever as far as cruising islands. Thanks so much for the information. Iris

the best time to go is anytime!! we have gone twice in January and will be heading back in January 07. it is hotter then, but that is okay with us, it gets us out of the cold rainy weather here in the northwest. being the tropics, you will get some rain all year, but most of the time it doesn't last long.

Archived