Ask Your Escape Questions!

Brittany C

Thanks Lou. Do you know what they height requirement was? Hopefully my kid isn't too disappointed if he is too short.

Can't remember seeing one. The above pic does state childs are allowed on (with a chaperone) and I saw some kids not older than 13-15 solo on the ropes course. They also had different sizes in harnesses, so I think you're good.

Otherwise the (miniature) kids ropes course might be a taste of the real thing. ;)

Thanks Lou. Do you know what they height requirement was? Hopefully my kid isn't too disappointed if he is too short.

Hi there,

Straight from Norwegian: Height for the large ropes course, is 48 inches. No height required for the kids section of the ropes course.

Happy Cruising!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

Hi Brittany - thanks for all the great info! Wondered if the price was the same for each person in the cabin for the spa package for the thermal suites, or if you get a break if say like 2, 3 or 4 people sign up?

Thanks!

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

As far as I know, you get a break for buying say, a weeklong pass versus a day pass, but I haven't heard of a break on group pricing (multiple people signing up at once). I think it's a set price per person, regardless of how many in the cabin, but it never hurts to ask ship staff once onboard.

Have a great time -- the thermal suite is really beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...
Security and Check in open around 10:30. Boarding will start around 11:30. You board in the order you show up to the terminal waiting area.

0cce240c913f29078c0f3d56456858a6.jpg

2062fbac728f4a3aafa0b6fde9dccd7a.jpg

f53322ca5bfb09334bc0a2263b781e1c.jpg

To ensure that we were able to get the Vibe pass, we arrived at about10am and there were many people there and through security before us. I asked someone and they thought it had opened up at least 30 minutes before. By the time we were checked in, we were in boarding group 2. They started boarding around 11 and we were on by about 11:15. We went directly to guest services and got #17 & 18 out of a total of 76 available. $99pp plus 18% gratuity.

We thought it was completely worth it. The Haven has a section on the same deck, but it didn't seem as nice. Although we were only in it for a few minutes.

Hi there,

Straight from Norwegian: Height for the large ropes course, is 48 inches. No height required for the kids section of the ropes course.

Happy Cruising!

I just saw your response. Thanks for the reply. That helps a lot. I think my kid is probably an inch too short.

I'm trying to pre-schedule our dinner and show plans prior to boarding.

Can someone tell me the duration of these 2 shows please:

1) Million Dollar Quartet

2) Levity comedy entertainment show

Million Dollar Quartet runs 90 minutes. Levity normally about 45 minutes. They do multiple shows. early shows are more family oriented. Late shows adult (18+) oriented.

I'm trying to pre-schedule our dinner and show plans prior to boarding.

Can someone tell me the duration of these 2 shows please:

1) Million Dollar Quartet

2) Levity comedy entertainment show

MDQ ran exactly 100 minutes.

I was just booking my dinner and shows for my upcoming Escape cruise and I just realized that I have signed up for a 7pm show but the splash academy doesn't open until 7pm. Does it happen to open any earlier for people going to the show or I am going to have to be late for the show?

Thanks

Greg

If you look through the dailies posted you can see when the dinner events are.

Another great food event was the Wine, Water, and Food tapas dinner at Cellars. Reasonably priced, delicious and informative...I only dropped in on that one due to other plans, but I had a few tastes and the reviews were all positive.

If you look through the dailies posted you can see when the dinner events are.

Another great food event was the Wine, Water, and Food tapas dinner at Cellars. Reasonably priced, delicious and informative...I only dropped in on that one due to other plans, but I had a few tastes and the reviews were all positive.

That sounds interesting! Do you remember the cost?

I have three 18-20 year olds cruising with us on Escape. 19 year old twins and almost 21 year old. What has the experience been with purchasing alcohol on Escape so far? I have read in the forums that many of the ships have been lenient even in not just limiting to beer and wine.

thanks!

Sailing on Escape in February. First time in St Thomas and asking for suggestions on excursions. We like to sight see...not really big shoppers or people that want to sit at a beach all day but wouldn't mind touring a few beaches and shops. Basically we would like to tour the island. Some of the reviews for the bus trips are not real good so leaning more towards renting a vehicle. I know you drive on the left side (shoulder to shoulder) but reading some older posts it is not recomended due to the heavy traffic, narrow roads, etc. What about the jeep tour...has anyone done that? Open to any/all suggestions.

Does anyone know if there are two blue loungers on the H6 balconies?? every picture I see only ONE! Can you ask for a second? I would hate to spend the $$ for the balcony of our dreams and have one of us sitting in a chair?:confused:

i heard you had to pay for some shows. Is that true. Also is it best to reserve them ahead of sailing?

The Supper Club has a charge but then you get dinner and a show. The dinner was short ribs and shrimp. It was ok.

Million Dollar Quartet and After Midnight as well as Tenors of Rock were all free shows.

Yes I would suggest you book before you sail.

Have a great time!

Does anyone know if there are two blue loungers on the H6 balconies?? every picture I see only ONE! Can you ask for a second? I would hate to spend the $$ for the balcony of our dreams and have one of us sitting in a chair?:confused:

We are still on Escape in an H6 now. Comes with one wicker lounger with pad. We asked for a second one and they brought a blue one. Just ask your steward or butler.

Sailing on Escape in February. First time in St Thomas and asking for suggestions on excursions. We like to sight see...not really big shoppers or people that want to sit at a beach all day but wouldn't mind touring a few beaches and shops. Basically we would like to tour the island. Some of the reviews for the bus trips are not real good so leaning more towards renting a vehicle. I know you drive on the left side (shoulder to shoulder) but reading some older posts it is not recomended due to the heavy traffic, narrow roads, etc. What about the jeep tour...has anyone done that? Open to any/all suggestions.

We went on the Getaway to St. Thomas and although you said you do not want to sit on a beach, Magens Bay/Beach is very good site seeing getting there, then we went to "Top of the Mountain" and that will provide about the best site seeing you will find! This time we plan on going Zip Lining in St. Thomas.

We always have multiple people on our balcony so as soon as we get to our room we just request additional chairs and they bring them at no charge.