Carnival stock

cabinluvn

Booked two cabins for Alaskan sail. One for us and one for daughter and granddaughter. Since we are paying for both. But their cabin is I. Daughter's name, can I get the stockholder's OBC for both rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The name associated with the actual booking number, and the name on the stock ownership document must match. If you have both cabins under the same booking number we think you will not have any success. If you hold 2 different booking numbers, both under the same name (not sure you can even do this) then you might have a chance if you submit each stockholder credit request separately. One never can accurately predict how the internal technocrats at the cruise line process that kind of request.

Hank

Booked two cabins for Alaskan sail. One for us and one for daughter and granddaughter. Since we are paying for both. But their cabin is I. Daughter's name, can I get the stockholder's OBC for both rooms?

The name associated with the actual booking number, and the name on the stock ownership document must match. If you have both cabins under the same booking number we think you will not have any success. If you hold 2 different booking numbers, both under the same name (not sure you can even do this) then you might have a chance if you submit each stockholder credit request separately. One never can accurately predict how the internal technocrats at the cruise line process that kind of request.

Hank

We do a "Summer Adventure" cruise each year with our granddaughters. Since our granddaughters are both underage (and thus may not book cruises in their own names), we book one suite in my spouse's name and one in my name. We submit a separate Carnival shareholder benefit request for each suite since each is covered by a different Booking Number. So far we have not had any problem getting the shareholder OBC for both suites.

Smooth sailing.

Edited by avian777

Further to my comment above, we always book our next year's cruise while we are on board the current year's cruise so that we can get connecting suites. That way, the granddaughters have their own suite (and privacy), and we have ours, while we still have them close enough to watch over.

Smooth sailing.

Edited by avian777

We do a "Summer Adventure" cruise each year with our granddaughters. Since our granddaughters are both underage (and thus may not book cruises in their own names), we book one suite in my spouse's name and one in my name. We submit a separate Carnival shareholder benefit request for each suite since each is covered by a different Booking Number. So far we have not had any problem getting the shareholder OBC for both suites.

Smooth sailing.

That's interesting. Do both you and your wife have at least 100 shares each? If so, I can understand it working.

Stockholders shares aside, if one cabin was in my name and the other in husbands, would we get Mariners points for both rooms?

Yes, each of you would get the appropriate Mariner points for the stateroom booked in your respective name but they would not be combined ... in other words, you would not get double the number of Mariner points. This is exactly the same result as would occur if you booked one stateroom for the 2 of you - you each would get the same number of Mariner points.

So it would not make any difference if it was in her name or not. If we are in the same cabin, we each get the same number of points. Might as well let my daughter and granddaughter get to a one star mariner

Smooth sailing.

This is the way I would do it if I were paying for 2 cabins. Our stocks are in both of our names.

Smooth sailing.

It makes sense that you can get it since you have a shareholder in both cabins.

So it would not make any difference if it was in her name or not. If we are in the same cabin, we each get the same number of points. Might as well let my daughter and granddaughter get to a one star mariner

... would not make any difference, as each of them would get 1* if one of them (daughter) was included in your Booking and the other (granddaughter) was included in your spouse's Booking ... in other words, each of them will get 1* Mariner points whether they are included in the same Booking or one each in yours and your spouse's Bookings ...

Edited by avian777

It makes sense that you can get it since you have a shareholder in both cabins.

... it would be the same result if we booked different (separate) cruises ... as long as one of us is on a Booking, the Carnival shareholder OBC will be applied to the stateroom covered by that Booking, assuming (of course) that we request it ...

Edited by avian777

Either can I .....

Even if the couple only has 100 shares in a joint account, I bet that HAL would never catch it (unless MAYBE if they submitted both requests together at the same time). And, it may very well meet HAL's requirements anyway.

I have to believe that the benefit is intended to cover 1 cabin, in fact Princess has an application that does imply exactly that. However, obviously if people who hold the shares in a joint account are getting the benefit for two cabins, I am guessing that this is a loophole.

I have to believe that the benefit is intended to cover 1 cabin, in fact Princess has an application that does imply exactly that. However, obviously if people who hold the shares in a joint account are getting the benefit for two cabins, I am guessing that this is a loophole.

Plus, maybe they have more than 100 shares! I used to have alot more than that and wish I had held on to the rest!

Plus, maybe they have more than 100 shares! I used to have alot more than that and wish I had held on to the rest!

I think they would each have to hold at least 100 shares in their own names. The only thing I would wonder about is that the cruise lines do read these threads and it is conceivable that HAL may close this loophole if it is in fact a loophole or simply do a better job screening the applications.

We have received stockholder obc when we had two cabins, however we have over 200 shares and both of our names are on the brokerage account. I did have to explain this when i requested the credit as they were only going to give us the obc for one cabin. When I called them and pointed out the number of shares they added obc to the other cabin with no problem.

I think they would each have to hold at least 100 shares in their own names. The only thing I would wonder about is that the cruise lines do read these threads and it is conceivable that HAL may close this loophole if it is in fact a loophole or simply do a better job screening the applications.

Don't mean to be argumentative or otherwise dismissive of your opinion but this "loophole" was pointed out to us by an onboard HAL travel consultant, so IMO we are neither "gaming" the system nor jeopardizing the Carnival shareholder OBC program.

The OBC is available for each Booking by a Carnival shareholder (of at least 100 shares) whether or not any joint owner is booked on that same cruise. If my spouse and I decided to take separate vacations (fat chance of that happening) on different Carnival Corporation ships (say HAL and Princess, for instance), we would each get the shareholder OBC, regardless of whether or not we individually (or jointly) owned more than 200 shares of Carnival stock. Carnival does not limit the number of Bookings per year that qualify for the OBC - in fact, the shareholder OBC program is intended to encourage shareholders to take (Book) as many Carnival-affiliated cruises as possible.

Edited by avian777

We're both cabins in your name or could you just show you paid for both cabins?

One stateroom was in my name and the other was in my spouse's name. We used the same debit card (on our joint bank account) to pay for both Bookings.