NCL Coffee Card - Who's Bought One?

Planmaam

Why doesn't NCL just simply put a small surcharge on the Ultimate Beverage Package (UBP) and include COFFEE - A WIN-WIN simple solution !

Only a win-win if you have the beverage package. Some people do not get the beverage package because they don't drink or only one or two drinks a day.They choose something else as their "freestyle choice" selection and get better value. For those people who probably prefer to have a coffee to alcohol it would be a loser to make it an add on to that package whether as an inclusion or as a paid for extra.

I don't think many folk who enjoy 2 or 3 coffee drinks a day would be rushing to get UBP to get those coffees. For those who do not drink or drink very little a coffee package or card would be a win. Or maybe a soft drink package to include the coffees, soda, juices, smoothies etc?

I think they meant it as an optional surcharge, like an add-on. If you don't care about it you would not pay extra. Win-win.

I want to see a coffee card which is not an add-on to the UBP, for coffee only. Those who buy the UBP, can have the coffee added on if they wish. Otherwise, sell coffee only cards.

WIN WIN.

I just don't see that as a win-win as speciality coffees should have been automatically added when the package price was already raised almost 20% and the inclusions stayed basically the same - now one is paying significantly more with NCL and getting less return than on other cruise lines.

I'm still waiting to see when all the price raises actually increase value to the passengers too. Not holding my breath though. ;)

When the price of milk goes up do you get more milk?

At the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet during our September 25th cruise' date=' the Hotel Director told us that NCL had tried a coffee card on one of its ships already, but he had not heard any results of the trial or anything about future plans for it.

I'd like to hear from those of you who were able to buy a coffee card, which ship and when it was offered, and what you thought about it. Was it well advertised? Do you know if many bought it?

I have been a proponent of the NCL Coffee Card, but haven't seen or heard anything about this except the once at the M & G, so just want to research this.

Thanks in advance for the information!

No I wouldn't buy one I like coffee but I'm not a coffee junkie lol

Only a win-win if you have the beverage package. Some people do not get the beverage package because they don't drink or only one or two drinks a day.They choose something else as their "freestyle choice" selection and get better value. For those people who probably prefer to have a coffee to alcohol it would be a loser to make it an add on to that package whether as an inclusion or as a paid for extra.

I don't think many folk who enjoy 2 or 3 coffee drinks a day would be rushing to get UBP to get those coffees. For those who do not drink or drink very little a coffee package or card would be a win. Or maybe a soft drink package to include the coffees, soda, juices, smoothies etc?

The people talking about it on here probably drink way more than 2/3 cups of coffee a day. Those of the people drinking 8 cups of coffee and shaking lol.

I just don't see that as a win-win as speciality coffees should have been automatically added when the package price was already raised almost 20% and the inclusions stayed basically the same - now one is paying significantly more with NCL and getting less return than on other cruise lines.

I'm still waiting to see when all the price raises actually increase value to the passengers too. Not holding my breath though. ;)

Well, it's not included. Just because you say it should included specialty coffees doesn't make it so. So, yeah... win-win. If that is your thing to have it added for a nominal fee. I have friends who would drink those ALL day. It would be an advantage to have it as an add on. It would be nice if NCL voluntarily added it - but that is their prerogative. The package is optional.

When the price of milk goes up do you get more milk?

If it had anything to do with that, NCL would have the worst purchasing managers and contracts of all cruise lines. RCI and Celebrity recently raised the price of their packages too and still provide much more value than NCL.

Edited by Demonyte

I want to see a coffee card which is not an add-on to the UBP, for coffee only. Those who buy the UBP, can have the coffee added on if they wish. Otherwise, sell coffee only cards.

WIN WIN.

That would be nice too.

I know lots of folks who would like it too. My mom is not allowed to drink due to her meds but she loves her coffee.