Diamond Princess around Au/NZ 33 days.

Hi NaughtyNanna

Murphys Law being what it is, the unstamped bottle was one we wanted to take to the dining room and they wouldn't allow us to take it in without paying additional corkage because it wasn't stamped. So make sure they stamp your best bottles and keep the roughies for the cabin.

Hope this makes sense!

Oops!! :eek: What a shame! I don't have a "best" one, and to the wine snobs out there, they are all probably roughies!!! :D Do they keep it there until it is finished or give it back to you after the meal?

Regards

Jan

Oops!! :eek: What a shame! I don't have a "best" one, and to the wine snobs out there, they are all probably roughies!!! :D Do they keep it there until it is finished or give it back to you after the meal?

Regards

Jan

They'll kep it if you want or you can take it back to your cabin.

Nanna

We're in a balcony mirrors everywhere, one in bathroom, pretty much an entire wall in the bedroom including over the desk, we're in a Balcony.

Only a few more days till you join us.

Hahaha!! I should have clarified! I mean a magnifying makeup mirror, not a wall mirror!! Ask your wife! ;)

Regards

Jan

Laundry seems to run on tokens, you sipe your card and out pop tokens, I'm pretty sure DW said $6 a load wash and dry and $1.50 for detergent if you haven't bought your own.

Your laptop will charge fine with a US adapter, but may take a bit longer to charge. But the computer itself will run the same a at home, but the Internet is a bit, what you might call slow.

I can't see a power point under th bed.

Thanks GUT. That's exactly what I wanted to know. It isn't easy to keep up with the changes of configuration on these ships.

In June some friends of mine were on the Dawn and Aussie dollars were used in the laundry so I brought a bunch of them for my cruise in July. Even though it was just a month later they had already installed token machines. It looks like all the ships are converting to them. It was the same price - $3 each wash and dry and I bring my own detergent because sometimes the machine is out of order. Speaking of which the new token machine was already broken so I had to go to a laundry on another deck to find one that worked. I used the dollars I took for the laundry as tips in the Wheelhouse Bar. After that I was served immediately no matter how crowded it was!

In June some friends of mine were on the Dawn and Aussie dollars were used in the laundry so I brought a bunch of them for my cruise in July. Even though it was just a month later they had already installed token machines.

Speaking of which the new token machine was already broken so I had to go to a laundry on another deck to find one that worked.

Deck 10 by any chance? We were on the Top End Cruise that departed Fremantle 20th August and that token machine was broken for most of that cruise.

Deck 10 by any chance? We were on the Top End Cruise that departed Fremantle 20th August and that token machine was broken for most of that cruise.

That's the one, I was in B615 on the Baja deck. I disembarked in the morning and you embarked in the afternoon.

One of the workers came down a couple of times and fixed the thing but it always stopped working again. I had to do my laundry once more so while I wandered around the ship I stopped in a laundry I was close to and got the tokens so I could arrive next time with them in hand.

Now that I know that the Diamond also has token machines I'll be sure to grab them ahead of time to be prepared.

That's the one, I was in B615 on the Baja deck. I disembarked in the morning and you embarked in the afternoon.

One of the workers came down a couple of times and fixed the thing but it always stopped working again. I had to do my laundry once more so while I wandered around the ship I stopped in a laundry I was close to and got the tokens so I could arrive next time with them in hand.

Now that I know that the Diamond also has token machines I'll be sure to grab them ahead of time to be prepared.

I was very annoyed with the Dawn service desk the first time we tried to get tokens. On Sun last Christmas we had a similar problem and I got some tokens from the service desk. When I went down there on Dawn they didn't have any tokens, rudely insisted that the machine wasn't broken, told me I had to ring some number then wait for someone to turn up who would get tokens. That took about 20 minutes! :mad:

After that we just went up to deck 11 to get tokens.

They are just sailing into Fannie Bay, Darwin as I post. Will arrive local time 8am (approx)

243nte8.jpg

The bridge cam does not seem to be working ....its showing a wet day in Japan from back in August..:eek:

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

I was very annoyed with the Dawn service desk the first time we tried to get tokens. On Sun last Christmas we had a similar problem and I got some tokens from the service desk. When I went down there on Dawn they didn't have any tokens, rudely insisted that the machine wasn't broken, told me I had to ring some number then wait for someone to turn up who would get tokens. That took about 20 minutes! :mad:

After that we just went up to deck 11 to get tokens.

First time I used it, it wouldn't give tokens, had a second go and out they popped, about half hour for was hour for dry.

They are just sailing into Fannie Bay, Darwin as I post. Will arrive local time 8am (approx)

243nte8.jpg

The bridge cam does not seem to be working ....its showing a wet day in Japan from back in August..:eek:

Bridge cam only working intermittently on the ship TV too.

Bridge cam back on again. Looks a nice day. Busy time for Darwin Voyager of the Seas yesterday, Diamond today and Volendam tomorrow. Good for the shopkeepers..:D:D

Looks spectacular, a bit warm but otherwise looking at a great day.

A question for you Gut, can you ask your DW which deck the fancy toilet

is on, after all the posts on the Princess sight would like to check it out,

do you like the Diamond or do you find it too big?:):)

SHE says pretty much every ladies public has the magic Dunny.

A question for you Gut, can you ask your DW which deck the fancy toilet

is on, after all the posts on the Princess sight would like to check it out,

do you like the Diamond or do you find it too big?:):)

So far happy with the ship.

The only issues with the size are tendering and in Port Douglas 3000 people was a bit much for the size town.

Onboard it has not been an issue.

And this from people that love small ships.