Beta testing - "Required" Check-In-Times?

Lil2Angelic

I suspect I won't be back with Carnival if this becomes the norm. I'm platinum with CCL but this seems ridiculous. I am just imagining me cruising with my friends who are not platinum and I get to board the ship at 11 but they can't board until 3pm. I'll be half snockered before they even get onboard.

Why is everyone objecting to this not realizing there are ways around it. Buy FTTF or check in early and pick an early boarding time!!! This thread is getting so old.

Edited by E&B

In the couple of years, I have noticed more and more people arriving while the last cruise has not competed debark The terminals are full by 10:30 am. Then they end up sitting for 2 hours with loads of moaning.

The other comment about what takes so long at the counter... Simple..shenanigans..

People don't enter a valid form of payment online. Carnival runs and backs out a charge against your credit card of about $200. Cards get rejected. People want to split sail and sign accounts over several credit cards. People want to complain about how long they were waiting. It takes me about 30 seconds...gives them paper, they check ID, take my picture, hand me my sail and sign.. Done.

Why is everyone objecting to this not realizing there are ways around it. Buy FTTF or check in early and pick an early boarding time!!! This thread is getting so old.

Yes it is. I admit I am blown away by the complaining over this. Just goes to show that something needs to be done.

In the couple of years, I have noticed more and more people arriving while the last cruise has not competed debark The terminals are full by 10:30 am. Then they end up sitting for 2 hours with loads of moaning.

The other comment about what takes so long at the counter... Simple..shenanigans..

People don't enter a valid form of payment online. Carnival runs and backs out a charge against your credit card of about $200. Cards get rejected. People want to split sail and sign accounts over several credit cards. People want to complain about how long they were waiting. It takes me about 30 seconds...gives them paper, they check ID, take my picture, hand me my sail and sign.. Done.

Like!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This new process amazes me. Why can RCCL with the Allure & Oasis board over 5000 people with no issues but Carnival can't board the Freedom without refusing to let paying pax get on when they arrive? Wow. Thank goodness the Freedom doesn't implement until Nov 12th when I'm getting off the ship. I suspect I won't be back with Carnival if this becomes the norm. I'm platinum with CCL but this seems ridiculous. I am just imagining me cruising with my friends who are not platinum and I get to board the ship at 11 but they can't board until 3pm. I'll be half snockered before they even get onboard.

Certainly not serious enough to keep me from cruising Carnival.