Standards failure for embarcation/disembarcation

beentothere

If someone is going to whinge about not getting "emergency bottled water" I'm go to say - toughen up princess

Get it!

Some people require more water than others.

Some people have died in public transportation control because they did

not get requested water.

You need to become more knowledgeable!

Get it!

not get requested water.

I am curious. I just did an extensive search and the only story I could find that was at all related was somebody locked in a jail cell for a week with virtually no fluids. Can you please provide a link to your story? Or at least a time & place reference to help narrow down my search? Thanks.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

Get it!

not get requested water.

Should there be supplies of water along every highway? Elevators should have water as well as all subway trains or any number of places or situations where water might not be on hand for several hours or longer .

If a person cannot last for an hour or so without water it is their responsibility to have a supply on hand. A person who has any physical condition that has such a narrow band of safety in a schedule of drug administration or in this case drinks of water should not rely on anyone but themselves.

"You need to become more knowledgeable" Nah! You need to be more responsible especially with all the travel experience you have.

bosco

I am curious. I just did an extensive search and the only story I could find that was at all related was somebody locked in a jail cell for a week with virtually no fluids. Can you please provide a link to your story? Or at least a time & place reference to help narrow down my search? Thanks.

I asked the same question and the OP hasn't responded. Yet he continues to insist that it happened and that is someone else's responsibility to meet his group's medical requirements.

Get it!

not get requested water.

And you need to provide verifiable citations for your claims.

Nasty one: I seem to recall middle east airlines plane parked for 12+hours I think, they ran out of supplies. Reports on this sometimes incomplete due to those countries censorship. This year I think...January google shows

Should there be supplies of water along every highway? Elevators should have water as well as all subway trains or any number of places or situations where water might not be on hand for several hours or longer .

If a person cannot last for an hour or so without water it is their responsibility to have a supply on hand. A person who has any physical condition that has such a narrow band of safety in a schedule of drug administration or in this case drinks of water should not rely on anyone but themselves.

"You need to become more knowledgeable" Nah! You need to be more responsible especially with all the travel experience you have.

bosco

So you think young man. Let's find out.

It was not considered a major risk that airline pilots doors be secured to

prevent inappropriate access, prior to 9-11. True or False?

Wow..just wow...this is one of the craziest posts I think I've ever read on CC. Even before the really crazy stuff hit the fan on page three of this thread I found myself thinking.."is it possible that every once in a while we just have bad luck and things don't go as smoothly on an embarkation or debarkation as we'd hoped?" After many cruises I can think of a handful where things have gone awry but I can also think of many more instances where things went amazingly smooth. Same with Customs as the airport..I just chalk it up to timing and luck. Although a conspiracy theory of flagrant disregard for passenger needs is much more interesting!

Has Canada enacted the same laws and regulations as the U-S regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations? I don't believe they have a consistent countrywide policy so extrapolating the laws from the U-S don't work in Vancouver.

The other issue is that Ships do not have to honor fully the ADA. There have been several court cases regarding ADA accommodations on cruise ships, and they have to follow a scaled back version, given that ships by their very nature are quite difficult and expensive to make "reasonable accommodation" as the ADA requires.

Thus to provide "reasonable accommodation" they advertise as part of the disembarkation questionnaires that anyone who needs assistance/accommodation, complete the form accordingly and arrive at the assigned area where they will be lined up with the rest that need similar services and be taken care of during the disembarkation process. This does not mean that all such passengers will be first off the ship or receive any sort of priority assistance, any more than all passengers can be first off. They may need to sit in a waiting area for several hours to get a porter and wheelchair for the accommodation, as do other guests without the need for accommodation.

And as others have stated, an alternative, is to provide ones own wheelchair/motor scooter, which can help alleviate the issue of reliance on limited ship-side resources. This method falls into the "personal responsibility" that I and others have suggested is lacking.

Edited by cle-guy

Hi Everyone,

As numerous argumentative posts required deletion, I hope we can all agree this thread has run it's course, and is now closed.

Thanks for your understanding and participation.