First time on Oasis of the Sea, #14156??

yun2

Hi Everyone,

It is our first time on Oasis of the Sea, and first time with RCI. We are traveling with friends and trying to stay as close as we can with our cabin locations. Can someone tell me about #14156, any pro and con of it? How is the view? is there any obstruction? I tried to look up in the Cabin Compilation with no luck on this particular cabin.

Thank you in advance! :)

Hi Everyone,

It is our first time on Oasis of the Sea, and first time with RCI. We are traveling with friends and trying to stay as close as we can with our cabin locations. Can someone tell me about #14156, any pro and con of it? How is the view? is there any obstruction? I tried to look up in the Cabin Compilation with no luck on this particular cabin.

Bed is near the closet. That's a con to me, but others like the more open feeling near the balcony slider. I also don't like beign right under the pool deck beause of the potential for early morning noise. The location is good for access to the forward elevators and stairs.

Edited by clarea

Bob, how are you able to tell the specific cabin configuration (e.g., bed is near the closet) ? Do you have an app or some kind of subscription that tells you such things ?

Thanks !

Edited by RFerrington
  • Haha 1

Bob, how are you able to tell the specific cabin configuration (e.g., bed is near the closet) ? Do you have an app or some kind of subscription that tells you such things ?

Thanks !

Read this all the way though because there is a correction:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41331318#post41331318

Edited by clarea

Count me as one who prefers the bed by the closet. We've had it both ways, and found that we enjoyed the open space by the balcony. Also liked being able to sit on the sofa and see out the balcony. There's enough room between the bed and the closet to allow access. We access the closet perhaps 2X per day for just a few minutes each time, so it wasn't a big deal to us. But I know many other prefer the bed by the balcony.

Count me as one who prefers the bed by the closet. We've had it both ways, and found that we enjoyed the open space by the balcony. Also liked being able to sit on the sofa and see out the balcony. There's enough room between the bed and the closet to allow access. We access the closet perhaps 2X per day for just a few minutes each time, so it wasn't a big deal to us. But I know many other prefer the bed by the balcony.

We have found it depends if you keep the beds together or separate them. If together we like them by the closet (to have the larger area by the balcony), however if they are separated, it leaves almost no room by the closet so our preference then is by the balcony. So many things to think about when picking a cabin! Thankfully lots of options to make everyone happy.

Bed is near the closet. That's a con to me, but others like the more open feeling near the balcony slider. I also don't like beign right under the pool deck beause of the potential for early morning noise. The location is good for access to the forward elevators and stairs.

Thanks!! How about the view at the balcony? Any destruction?

Hi Everyone,

Don't like deck 14 under the pool deck . NOISE!!!

Sorry...but this wouldn't be a location I would be happy with unless I was sailing with kids...Three strikes against it are:

deck #14

too far forward

near the children's activity center

If you don't mind any of these enjoy...otherwise keep checking for a lower deck and more midship-aft. JMHO ;)