Food Tour Excursion in San Juan?

Has anyone done the food tour excursion offered by Royal? I'm trying to decide between the one offered by RCCL and the 2 private food tours offered. Private tours are Flavors of San Juan and Spoon Tours. Thanks in advance for your advice!

I am a local. Any specific place advertised by them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone done the food tour excursion offered by Royal? I'm trying to decide between the one offered by RCCL and the 2 private food tours offered. Private tours are Flavors of San Juan and Spoon Tours. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Flavors of San Juan was FANTASTIC. Flexible, organized and lots of fun.

Enjoy!

In early 2013 we did a Viator food tour. Didn't use Royal since the food tour was a couple of days after our cruise. I don't know off hand the name of the local provider. I do recall that it was great! Good four-course meal spread over four restaurants with a well narrated walking tour as we progressed from one to the next.

Which places were visited?

I was there in February 2015. We visited: Aromas Cafe, Rosa de Triana, Senor Paleta, Cortes Chocolate, Sol y Cruz Mezzanine. There may have been one more stop. And I don't remember if this is the exact order as I was looking through my photos to get the names of the restaurants. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and pleasant. I did the tour on my own and felt extremely comfortable. We made our own mafungo at Rosa de Triana. We ended with a Pina Colada at Sol y Cruz. Excellent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was there in February 2015. We visited: Aromas Cafe, Rosa de Triana, Senor Paleta, Cortes Chocolate, Sol y Cruz Mezzanine. There may have been one more stop. And I don't remember if this is the exact order as I was looking through my photos to get the names of the restaurants. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and pleasant. I did the tour on my own and felt extremely comfortable. We made our own mafungo at Rosa de Triana. We ended with a Pina Colada at Sol y Cruz. Excellent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent places. It seems to be a pretty nice tour.

We did the Flavors of San Juan tour a few years ago when staying in PR. If it is anything like it was then definitely go for it. I don't remember the places we went but they were all VERY good and the guide was wonderful.

I have done Flavors of San Juan twice and LOVED it both times.

LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

Just do it!

;)

I have done Flavors of San Juan twice and LOVED it both times.

LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

Just do it!

;)

We also did this tour early this year and had a great time. Found them via Viator.

I went back into my past-cruises folder...

Our Foodie tour in Feb 2013 was through Viator, local provider was Flavors of San Juan. We did this on a Monday (our cruise ended on Sunday). No ships in port, it was just us plus a local "couple" (employer and employee of a local tourism company checking out the product being offered). As I said before, this was well organized and quite worthwhile. We walked from the meeting point to the first restaurant (Rosa de Triana), we were expected, sat down, served with a minimum of fuss, had good food. Talked about the history of the restaurant and the area. Moved on to the next restaurant with a local history lesson along the way. Etc. Four restaurants in total if I recall correctly, ended with desert at Cafe la Princesa. Good food at all. Definitely recommended.

Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen
Added restaurant names