Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

I haven't noticed a menu for Coastal Kitchen. If you have, please disregard.

If you haven't, could you post the breakfast, lunch and, dinner menus.

Thank you again. This is a GREAT thing your doing.

Your postings are going to be where to go, for any and all, information regarding The Anthem of the Seas.

Thank you, thank you

Hi Psych Cruiser

Thanks for your comments.

We are not in a suite so don't have access to Coastal Kitchen, however my OH saw this as a challenge so we have got these and it's not even 8am yet!

Breakfast menu

bfbf336b5fb64c5eb0df445818e6abda.jpg

39e95e2244dd9e01e4ffac8d7991be78.jpg

Lunch menu

07fe76379edc38c9bd8c8a4cdb8c1add.jpg

And here is the dinner menu

f1d8ed783a831d767b137b5400a9169a.jpg

cfd94dede7727f712b43778080b39e4a.jpg

Last night we were at our re-scheduled showing of the Gift.

The doors open 45 minutes before the show starts and I would suggest arriving as early as you can as the show fills up fast.

There was a loose story to the show but we we not sure how all the parts of the show connected together. However, we did enjoy it, there was good staging and the performers are the same as We Will Rock You who were again very good.

I'm not going to go into details of the show, partly because I don't want to ruin it and partly as we don't fully understand it.

I would recommend you do book in advance in your cruise planner and go if you get the chance.

After the show we went to Boleros, this was the first time we had been to this bar whilst on the cruise. I haven't taken shots of the menu yet as it was too dark but will get this shortly and upload.

In Boleros we caught the end of a live Latin band who were very good then karaoke was on.

The karaoke was very entertaining but maybe not for all the right reasons. Some of the singers were very good, while some were just very drunk and not good. The guy from the entertainment team was also funny as the compere.

The drinks were great in Boleros but I would recommend you avoid the chilli based cocktail unless you like extremely hot food. It was as hot as eating a raw chilli, so we didn't end up drinking this.

Edited by CruisenovicesUK

I thought I would upload some of the speed test results from the onboard wifi. There were a couple of days where I forgot but gives you a fair idea of what speed has been like.

2c48b03b4db7abd6b133ae33ad61b022.jpg

One thing I have noticed though is that speed is significantly better in the public areas. The in room speed has sometimes been a problem as I have not been able to upload any pics etc to the blog and usually receive an error message.

As all others have said Thank You So much for this awesome post - it is honestly one of the best I have ever seen. This is just what I need to convince my husband its time for another cruise and this time on Anthem . I am sure he will be as excited as I am when viewing all the information and mostly the great pictures. Spring 2017 will be coming out soon and I want in on it lol.

OMG You are the best! Thank you so much!

So there is a fee for room service meals? We have never done it. We always said we were going to try it, to have breakfast on the balcony, but never did. I had always been told it was complementary, you just had to tip the delivery person. Not the case anymore???

I guess we really won't be trying it now.....

Thanks so much for all the great info and great pics. We board a week from tomorrow. Have they showed any movies on the cabin TV or in the Royal theater?

Not seen any movies on the cabin to but they have had some in the theatre. We've not had chance to see any of them as they have clashed with other things for us. I think the films which have been shown are in the cruise compass I have uploaded.

They also show films around the pool and where possible at the same time show the same film in the music hall as its too cold to watch outside

So there is a fee for room service meals? We have never done it. We always said we were going to try it, to have breakfast on the balcony, but never did. I had always been told it was complementary, you just had to tip the delivery person. Not the case anymore???

It is complimentary except for a few hours during the night where its a 3.95 charge. I think it starts at midnight. Don't have info in front of me. Of course tipping is extra.

Not all the items have a charge, you can have continental breakfast without charge and i think you just pay for the cooked items. However it does seem odd to charge for items which are free elsewhere on the ship, it would seem better if they just charged a service charge instead.

are you able to watch a movie on netflix or youtube videos in the room? looking at the download speed, seems like you could if those are consistent.

Hi, yes we can stream from YouTube and stuff but not generally in the cabin as it tends to buffer a lot. Although this could just be the location of our cabin

Hi, yes we can stream from YouTube and stuff but not generally in the cabin as it tends to buffer a lot. Although this could just be the location of our cabin

Thanks! I'll be in midship on 6, so no clue. As you can see I'm over-planning for a trip that's still 10 months away! :). Deciding, do i bring iPad or just kindle and iPhone. First world problems, I know.

Hi,

I'm looking at the "In Room Dining Guide" right now...it indicates that a $4.95 late-night delivery fee will be applied between 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. We've ordered room service a couple of times this week, and were charged the $4.95 delivery fee for the one time that we ordered late (after 11:00 p.m.).

Also, as covered earlier in this blog, there is now a fee for certain room service items, whereas, previously, they were free (minus alcoholic beverages and sodas). You can still order a limited selection of items for "free." However, many items now come with a fee (plus the $4.95 delivery fee if ordered after 11:00 p.m.).

Chiming in for my 1st post to the site to also send a HUGE Thank-you for such an informative blog. We just confirmed for 12/12/15 and this is now my go to for sourcing information!

After cruising on the Independence this past June, I must chime in that the Drink Package is more than worth it! Based on drink prices then ... totally would have broken the bank. The other thing I noted is charges for Room Service for "hot" options. We did not have that on the Independence ... only charge was after midnight to 5 am. This makes me sad as we did enjoy our pancakes & bacon with the balcony convenience.

Sad to see the charges for a hot room service breakfast.

It was still free on Independence of the Seas late August - early Sept.

And yes there was a charge for late night room service.

Going again 11/30 and was looking forward to the breakfast on the balcony!

The Room Service menus posted are currently only on Quantum and Anthem. The rest of the fleet is still using the menu you had on Independence and Room Service on those ships is complimentary (except for late nice service).