Has anyone ever waitlisted for a cruise?

csaeroach

Has anyone ever waitlisted for a cruise, and if so how long does it usually take to get a confirmed booking off the waitlist? Does the waitlist sometimes never get a confirmed booking? This cruise is not until March so hoping by waitlisting for the cabin category we want, we will get a confirmation that we cleared the waitlist? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone ever waitlisted for a cruise, and if so how long does it usually take to get a confirmed booking off the waitlist? Does the waitlist sometimes never get a confirmed booking? This cruise is not until March so hoping by waitlisting for the cabin category we want, we will get a confirmation that we cleared the waitlist? :confused:

I wanted to book Anthem for March. My friends recommended I use their TA. So I e-the TA and asked to get me prices. Then called me with prices and I told them to book the balcony guarantee, but all they came back with is a Waitlist for this cruise. I have never, ever, seen a guarantee be waitlisted.

I asked the TA and they said the RCCL agent said that it stays like that until they assign a cabin(?)! Now I have booked many guarantees in the past and this has never happened before. It always gives you a confirmed booking but just says cabin to be assigned.

When I try and put my reservation # in at RCCL.com it says there is no reservation. So I am beginning to wonder.

Edited by CruisingChick

I wanted to book Anthem for March. My friends recommended I use their TA. So I e-the TA and asked to get me prices. Then called me with prices and I told them to book the balcony guarantee, but all they came back with is a Waitlist for this cruise. I have never, ever, seen a guarantee be waitlisted.

I asked the TA and they said the RCCL agent said that it stays like that until they assign a cabin(?)! Now I have booked many guarantees in the past and this has never happened before. It always gives you a confirmed booking but just says cabin to be assigned.

When I try and put my reservation # in at RCCL.com it says there is no reservation. So I am beginning to wonder.

That scenario does not sound right. Any guarantee I have ever booked you could enter in "My Cruises" as a valid reservation and not have it reflect being "wait listed."

That scenario does not sound right. Any guarantee I have ever booked you could enter in "My Cruises" as a valid reservation and not have it reflect being "wait listed."

Exactly what I said to the TA. I have booked guarantees in the past and you always get a booking confirmation and they do not come back as waitlisted. I thought waitlists were for sold out cruises. This cruise is hardly sold out.

Can you waitlist for a specific cabin number, in the same category that you are already booked in?

Yes you can but I would keep checking for that cabin myself.

I waitlisted a certain cabin and then found out on our roll call that the person that had it gave it up. When I called RCL they had already given it to someone else. They did end up giving it to me.

We were wait listed to alaska with a large family group....I had to be talked into going and finally agreed about 6 weeks out...we figured we would not get a cabin but about a week later we got an aft balcony.....best cabin in the bunch!....loved it,loved alaska and now my family rarely books anything but an aft....

Can you waitlist for a specific cabin number, in the same category that you are already booked in?

Yes....specific cabin # in the category you're already booked in or even a different category cabin can be waitlisted.

Exactly what I said to the TA. I have booked guarantees in the past and you always get a booking confirmation and they do not come back as waitlisted. I thought waitlists were for sold out cruises. This cruise is hardly sold out.

Maybe it's time to work with RCCL directly......or at least find a new TA.

Yes you can but I would keep checking for that cabin myself.

I waitlisted a certain cabin and then found out on our roll call that the person that had it gave it up. When I called RCL they had already given it to someone else. They did end up giving it to me.

Truly worth the effort to do this. Our aft cabin finally came through! Booking early is the key.