Majesty Beer Selection

DeadPhish

Has anyone been on the Majesty recently that can attest to the beer selection? I'm a bit of a beer snob, so hoping they have something decent.

I've seen the standard Royal Caribbean drink menus, but the Majesty doesn't have a pub or anything, so I'd imagine they have even less of a selection.

Has anyone been on the Majesty recently that can attest to the beer selection? I'm a bit of a beer snob, so hoping they have something decent.

I've seen the standard Royal Caribbean drink menus, but the Majesty doesn't have a pub or anything, so I'd imagine they have even less of a selection.

I can't speak for Majesty, but when I was at Liberty towards the beginning of the year I wasn't thrilled with the beer selection even on the bigger ship. I wound up sticking with Sierra Nevada much of the week (which, seems to be a standard on most ships from menus that I've seen)... As a fellow beer snob, I would absolutely love to see some Founders or Lagunitas or something added to their selection!

I can't speak for Majesty, but when I was at Liberty towards the beginning of the year I wasn't thrilled with the beer selection even on the bigger ship. I wound up sticking with Sierra Nevada much of the week (which, seems to be a standard on most ships from menus that I've seen)... As a fellow beer snob, I would absolutely love to see some Founders or Lagunitas or something added to their selection!

I can get by with Sierra Nevada, last time I was on a cruise thats as craft as it got.

But yea, some Founders All Day IPA would be amazing. Maybe one day.

I had to crawl back through a year's worth of Untappd checkins, but there was, at the very last, Bass onboard. Sierra Nevada as well, IIRC.

DW and I are both beer snobs as is her best friend and best friend's boyfriend. We were QUITE happy with the lineup at the pubon Oasis. La Fin Du Monde, Widmer Hefe, Sam Adams Imperial White, Leffe...good drinking to be had onboard Oasis.

I had to crawl back through a year's worth of Untappd checkins, but there was, at the very last, Bass onboard. Sierra Nevada as well, IIRC.

DW and I are both beer snobs as is her best friend and best friend's boyfriend. We were QUITE happy with the lineup at the pubon Oasis. La Fin Du Monde, Widmer Hefe, Sam Adams Imperial White, Leffe...good drinking to be had onboard Oasis.

IIRC, La Fin Du Monde and those other selections were not included in the drink package, correct? At least they weren't on Liberty...

They are not. We don't get drink packages anyway so it doesn't make much difference. My wife's best friend and her boyfriend did and in those cases they just charge the difference between what the drink package covered and what the price of the beverage they purchased was.

Sierra Nevada will get me by. Gonna have a package anyway, so I'll probably stick to mostly booze anyway.

There's also a brewery in Nassau and plenty of good beers in Key West.

I didn't know there was a brewery in Nassau..what's its name and where is it? As for Key West, two words..The Porch.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

They are not. We don't get drink packages anyway so it doesn't make much difference. My wife's best friend and her boyfriend did and in those cases they just charge the difference between what the drink package covered and what the price of the beverage they purchased was.

I didn't know there was a brewery in Nassau..what's its name and where is it? As for Key West, two words..The Porch.

Brewery in Nasaau is Pirate Republic, and it is located across the street from the cruise port. I'll be there on Saturday. :D

Very much looking forward to Pirate Republic. Hope I get a chance to talk to owner and/or brewer. Must be challenging to get hops and grains to the island. Its hard enough to brew beer in NJ. Always a dream to one day open a craft brewery on an island somewhere.

I haven't sailed Majesty in years but our last four cruises, Freedom, Brilliance, Independence, and Oasis, all had Long Hammer IPA...although I might have wiped them out on Brilliance. It was the only IPA on those ships.

I haven't sailed Majesty in years but our last four cruises, Freedom, Brilliance, Independence, and Oasis, all had Long Hammer IPA...although I might have wiped them out on Brilliance. It was the only IPA on those ships.

Too funny ... I was literally just talking to someone about that. I love that there is an IPA ... But I would SO prefer a citrusy one at sea!!

Please, 41 billion bottles can't be wrong.

*total AB production in 2014 :eek:

I was told by a bartender in the SL on Oasis that the biggest seller on the ships is Bud Light and that's why it's not on DL or SL menu.

I was told by a bartender in the SL on Oasis that the biggest seller on the ships is Bud Light and that's why it's not on DL or SL menu.

Always thought that was weird. I do like that they added Corona. Now let's hope they have limes. ;)

Well bless your heart. I'd hate to go through life that picky. If it's cold, it's gold. :D

Neither Bud or Bud Light were my favorites either but I don't recall ever turning one down when they were the only options available. :p

Neither Bud or Bud Light were my favorites either but I don't recall ever turning one down when they were the only options available. :p

Drank a lot of cheap beer back in the day.

Carling

Keystone

The Beast

Stag

Schlitz

Pabst

Old Style

Ah the good old days

Not a big beer drinker, but I was happy that I got could Miller Lite on the ships, as we couldn't get that in Canada.

Now if only they would have Bud Light Lime for those Caribbean cruises......

Not a beer snob here..just like it nice and cold and lite.