what is the best floor on the Allure

You are in luck - Deck 8 is my favorite deck on Allure and Oasis. I love being able to go directly down the hallway to the shops, restaurants and bars in Central Park. Also, deck 8 is a very stable deck in rough seas because it is a relatively lower deck. As long as your cabin is not located right over the carousel, you will be fine. Maybe they have stopped the practice recently, but a few years ago, I found the clanging bell they rang at the beginning of every ride to be a little irritating. The soundproofing on the balcony doors was surprisingly good, however, so you could not hear it when the door was closed. On a positive note, you will have a lovely water view from the back of the ship, as well as great views of Aqua theater shows.

we are staying in a boardwalk balcony and right now it is deck 8 starboard side right in the middle.

was wondering should I be higher to have the best view of the shows and parade that they do or if I get closer to the back could I see back stage too?

thanks any input will help.

The closer to the back the better and that is why they charge more.

We have booked two joining Central Park view balcony cabins on deck 12 just behind the forward elevators for next fall. This will be our first cruise on an oasis ship and we are taking our son , his wife and a their 20 month old baby. These were the rooms that were recommended when we booked. My husband and I are diamond so I thought it would be nice to be on that floor. Any thoughts on whether we should change to a different area? We always appreciate Cruise critic members information and insight. Thank you

Add me to the deck 8 crowd...Always book deck 8 when on oasis class...Easy enough to skip elevators wherever you are going...Park is on deck 8,easy to get my morning coffee in 5 minutes at park cafe..The motion on deck 8 is a good compromise from top to bottom...

We did deck 7 (Oceanview Balcony) Thatway it was a one flight walk up to CentralPark, and one flight down to the Boardwalk, and two down to the Promenade. Loved it. Only elevators we took were for the Pool Deck really. Deck 8 should be similar.

Is any floor bad when you are on a cruise ship???

We always do an Oceanview balcony. We spend a lot of time up on deck and we like to be on a higher deck so we are back on deck 14 this year. Last year I was worried because we ended up somewhere under the sports deck, but it wasn't bad.....very low noise level. If anything we heard/felt noise/vibration from the ship. After the first night or two, it was like white noise.

I would love to try a boardwalk balcony some time. I'd like one farther back so I would have a view of the water behind the ship.

Happy sailing~

We have booked two joining Central Park view balcony cabins on deck 12 just behind the forward elevators for next fall. This will be our first cruise on an oasis ship and we are taking our son , his wife and a their 20 month old baby. These were the rooms that were recommended when we booked. My husband and I are diamond so I thought it would be nice to be on that floor. Any thoughts on whether we should change to a different area? We always appreciate Cruise critic members information and insight. Thank you[/quote

Just as long as you aren't under the pool deck. Not sure if deck 12 is under pool deck .I have stayed in central park two times and soon three. Deck 9 ( no balcony but larger cabin) 10 and 11 are best IMO for central park view cabins

Enjoy

Deck 8 would be my choice. If you want to go forward and back. You can walk accross Promenade Deck 5, Up top Deck 15/16 or the Central Park deck 8. Up top is to much of an elevator ride or stairs. Deck 5 nice but to many sales make it congested. Deck 8 and the park is not congested and a nice pleasant walk.

We walked back and forth a lot on the ship and by the end choose to do that walk in the park mostly. Having a cabin on 8 makes that so much easier. We were on 9 so it wasn't bad to just go down a fligh of stairs. If you have kids you do that walk a lot as adventure ocean is in the forward and most of the restaurants and activities are aft.

Happy cruising.

this is to the person who wanted two Central Park View cabins. They begin on Deck #9 through deck 14. No central park view cabins on deck 8. Just shops and restaurants. Oceanview balconies and other types of cabins on deck #8.

While deck 8 is great, not for Central park view. Also if you are in a suite I believe the suite lounge is on deck 11. You can get coffee and other treats all day as well as cocktails in the evening.

Edited by Cruise a holic