The Haven, French press coffee

kteg1752

My parents just went on the Getaway. They stayed in the Haven and dined in the Haven restaurant every morning. My mom raved about the coffee they were served. It came out in a French Press coffee pot. Would anyone be able to inform what kind of coffee they use? The waiter was telling them how the beans are hand picked. I'd love to order some as a surprise for my folks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The pot is called a french press coffee pot. The ship had two sizes, you put the coffee in a plunger deal, fill the pot with hot water, let it sit for 5 minutes or so and slowly push the plunger down. You can use any ground coffee you like. We also liked it.

We avoid the "French Press" at all costs, to us it tastes like the camp coffee we used to have to drink. There was a discussion at a meet and greet on the Dawn with Hotel Director Alain Magnier regarding the quality of the coffee and the French press. He is French and he said they don't have them in France. Taste is subjective I know. My sister uses one in England its a bit of a trendy thing over there. Great your Mom had a good experience though.

Lavazza is the brand they use. And, a lot of the flavor depends on how you use the french press. As others have pointed out, if you "plunge" the press immediately after filling it with hot water, the coffee is likely to be too weak. Wait to long and it might be bitter. I think 5 minutes is too long....3-3.5 minutes seems best to my taste.

Could be the way the server uses the press, we noticed if they push it down really fast the grounds are forced back up into the top of the press. Ours has always been a little to weak for our tastes.

We always ask the server not to push the plunger down. They usually push it down long before the coffee has time to adequately steep. When we let it steep for a while and push the plunger ourselves the taste and quality is greatly improved.

If I had only 1 thing to choose to love about the suite life, it would be the French press coffee. Don't correctly, long enough to steep, it's so much better than regular coffee. Love it. :D

There are a lot of other things to love too, but gotta love the French press coffee and breakfast in Cagney's or from Cagney's.

Enjoy the suite life.