Fire Door Question

tiger_lilyyy

I'll be taking my first cruise this summer for my honeymoon on Coral Princess to Alaska. I'm looking to reserve a room on the Caribe deck port side mid aft. I'm wondering if being next to the fire door effects the room in any way? I've read that you cannot connect balconies with the room next door because of a fire wall?, but that is fine as it will just be me and my fiance on the trip. However, does being in this location cause any obstruction of the view or have any other impact on the room? My biggest concern with picking a balcony room is the view. We are thinking of booking C528. Thank you for any advice.

I'll be taking my first cruise this summer for my honeymoon on Coral Princess to Alaska. I'm looking to reserve a room on the Caribe deck port side mid aft. I'm wondering if being next to the fire door effects the room in any way? I've read that you cannot connect balconies with the room next door because of a fire wall?, but that is fine as it will just be me and my fiance on the trip. However, does being in this location cause any obstruction of the view or have any other impact on the room? My biggest concern with picking a balcony room is the view. We are thinking of booking C528. Thank you for any advice.

This door is located on the hallway. It does not affect the view out on the balcony at all. To my knowledge, this will not affect the size of the room either.

There are two effects. One is that the door in the balcony divider between your balcony and the one next door can't be opened. As you mentioned, this shouldn't be a problem for you.

The doors are hidden in the walls. The biggest issue and it's really not that big is that there's a metal plate on the floor where the door would close and any steward's or room service cart rattles as it goes over the metal plate. This doesn't bother most people but you should be aware of it.

b0b934bd758c9a9e8cadad1352ad88e8.jpg

Also off the Crown immediately by the fire door. If anything, it will make sure that there will be no noise transfer between your stateroom and next door. The fire stop properties extend beyond the corridor.

As this posts notes, the comments about balcony doors here are

usually wrong. I suggest you check the deck plans.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43734741&postcount=10

As this posts notes, the comments about balcony doors here are

usually wrong. I suggest you check the deck plans.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43734741&postcount=10

Interesting. While the dividers between cabins at fire partitions may be capable of being opened (ease of maintenance), I would be surprised if they are allowed to be opened, particularly on Princess, whose ship fire caused the regulation changes that extended the fire boundaries out to the balconies in the first place.

My family is sharing two cabins adjoining each other next year with a fire door between them on the Star Princess, and I've been assured by different cabin stewards that the divider between these two balconies can be opened. We'll be very disappointed if that's not true.

Edited by Mackenzie1

My family is sharing two cabins adjoining each other next year with a fire door between them on the Star Princess, and I've been assured by different cabin stewards that the divider between these two balconies can be opened. We'll be very disappointed if that's not true.

I hope you can come back, and post your personal experience.

Interesting. While the dividers between cabins at fire partitions may be capable of being opened (ease of maintenance), I would be surprised if they are allowed to be opened, particularly on Princess, whose ship fire caused the regulation changes that extended the fire boundaries out to the balconies in the first place.

I have attached an example from Sun.

I took a look at Ruby deck plans, and did not find the same situation.

Hopefully, someone who often posts about this restriction will provide

a link to helpful princess information.

Sun_Balcony.jpg.d255602a85a3853455834fe36595ce48.jpg