Caribe Sideways Interior Cabins on Regal Princess...Questions

2Canucks

I'm looking for some information on the Caribe "Sideways" Interior Cabins on the Regal Princess.

Are these sideways cabins larger then the regular style interior cabins?

Does anyone have any pictures showing the sideways interior floor plan?

Thank You in advance for any info/pics you can share with me concerning the "Sideways" interior cabins on the Regal Princess. (Royal Princess is a sister ship to the Regal so anyone's sideways interior cabin experience on this ship would be appreciated as well.)

Pat

Not sure. I think they are a bit larger but, because you enter directly into the sleeping area of the cabin, the usual hallway space is incorporated into the sleeping area so it appears a lot larger. The layout is very different from the "usual" inside cabins. These are not my photos:

474d1862fdee095456f039541e2a508a.jpg

030799078937c38556ab6812b6a854bb.jpg

Not sure. I think they are a bit larger but, because you enter directly into the sleeping area of the cabin, the usual hallway space is incorporated into the sleeping area so it appears a lot larger. The layout is very different from the "usual" inside cabins. These are not my photos:

I think those photos are from a Grand class ship, not from the Royal or Regal.

I say that because the photos I have seen from the Royal do not have doors on the closet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41760450&postcount=14

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41760457&postcount=15

Note that some of these cabins have room for 4 passengers and will have the additional two beds sticking out from the wall, a big annoyance if there are only two people in the cabin.

They are bigger. 9 sq ft bigger. IDK where the extra space is, but we will be in our first one, barring another change at last minute, next Tuesday. I have been curious to experience one since they are so prevalent on Regal/Royal compared to Grand Class ships.

We were in C419 in October and loved the cabin and location. Wouldn't hesitate to book one of these again. We had plenty of space to put everything and the counter space was a lot bigger than the balcony cabin w were in in April.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Jackie

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

We were in one of these on the Emerald. We had so much more Soave than family who booked normal interior cabins. Would definitely book one of these cabins again. Lots of storage space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in one of these on the Emerald. We had so much more Soave than family who booked normal interior cabins. Would definitely book one of these cabins again. Lots of storage space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they were Tea total ! [emoji4]

IMG_3714_zpsjvb5ozak.jpg

IMG_3715_zpswvslbdmj.jpg

This was our sideways interior on Baja on the Regal last week. I had been worried the overhead bunks might be in this room, but I was happily wrong. We were very happy with the layout of this room. I hope the pics help a little - I'm never sure how to get the right viewline. But in the first one you can see where the bed is in relation to the door, and in the second one, the shot is taken standing to the right of the closed door. Don't mind the zebra - that's just Florence, part of the family.

• 1 year later...
I think those photos are from a Grand class ship, not from the Royal or Regal.

I say that because the photos I have seen from the Royal do not have doors on the closet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41760450&postcount=14

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41760457&postcount=15

Note that some of these cabins have room for 4 passengers and will have the additional two beds sticking out from the wall, a big annoyance if there are only two people in the cabin.

I realize that this is an old thread, but for the sake of accuracy... This is one of the sideways cabins on the Caribbean Princess.