90 days on a ncl ship

aceparty

Thanks for clarifying my post above. I am obviously ok and have no issue with true service dogs

No worries, your were clear that your only issue was with the abuse of the system.

I just hope the abusers don't cause difficulties for those truly in need.

If I had the time i would do it because that's a good time to go season wise and wouldn't take away from gardening or family fun time. Or our summer vacays

If I could leave my house in good competent hands....I.e. 1 or 2 of my young adult kids there to handle everything and care for their high school age sister

If I knew my cars would be driven by them...no issue there of course

If I could have unlimited wifi and afford an excellent travel insurance policy that would cover everything

If I could afford the extra $20,000 plus for shore excursions....because as a seasoned traveler I know that some ports would be DIY some Ncl excursions and some private excursions

And I wouldn't want to miss too much

Also if I had months in advance to research and start a file on each port because there are sooooo many of them

If I was able to get someone to collect the rents from our tenants and deposit to our accounts

If I could be sure all my direct deposits hit my account on time...which they usually do....and of course automatic recurring bill pay was up to date. Of course I would need to keep up with this on the ship

If I was in good health....which I am

But finally.....if I wouldn't miss anything important related to my kids ages 14 to 25.....but as I said its a good time of the year...no graduations...weddings. That sort of thing

Oh and finally if spending this money would not create any sort of hardship...if I weren't cleaning out my 401k...and I was not struggling any other way financially

Also....if I thought my travel time was getting limited due to aging...I would go regardless of finances if this was some sort of dream of mine

I actually have zero desire to visit Africa or Southeast Asia or Asia ports I much prefer the other areas of the world but around South America is appealing.

I've seen Egypt in 1978 and Tunisia and morocco around that time as well

Want to return to Tahiti someday for longer than the 10 days I spent there in 1982 as well

This post makes some very good points regarding not taking a 90 day cruise.

My DH and I have been snowbirds in Florida for a few years.

The logistics of leaving family and house for 3months or more can be challenging.

But, living between NY and Florida homes does make it easier to return home in an emergency.

Imagine flying from ports such as Hong Kong or Dubai to a NY home if an emergency came up?

The expenses and logistics could be overwhelming.

Also, because of the state of the world these days, there are certain areas of the world /countries where I would not like to spend any of my time.

I agree with choosing an all inclusive,luxury level cruise line for a world cruise if a person was set to embark on such an adventure.

We have sailed twice on NCL - the older Dawn in the 1980's and,recently, the Breakaway.

I have to say, we are not fans of the new NCL product.

We are Platinum on Princess, have sailed Celebrity and Cunard as well.

I could not envision us on a 90 day NCL cruise- IMHO.

That would be amazing - especially if we had the money to be able to enjoy it properly (speciality dining, drinks, tours etc). Besides, would I rather spend 90 days touring the world in luxury having all my cleaning and laundry done for me OR 90 days working 50 hour weeks, never having enough time to do anything, and being shouted out by customers... :confused: :D

I always remember reading the story of the old lady who lived on the QE2 in a tiny room that they let her have at reduced rates because she was there so long and basically she did it because it was cheaper than a care home.

I always remember reading the story of the old lady who lived on the QE2 in a tiny room that they let her have at reduced rates because she was there so long and basically she did it because it was cheaper than a care home.

There was a lady that cruised 6 or 8 months out of the year on Crystal Cruises in a suite. She did say that she didn't pay the going rate, since she was there for months straight, but I doubt what she paid was less than what a care home would cost.

We cruised 26 days on the Star and would do 90 in a heartbeat eventhough I missed the Great Outdoors and the Spinnaker as an observation lounge.

Did 29 days on the Sun, I would hope the meals would change over 90 days considering the geography involved, would probably want to get off in Denmark.:D

So if you had 90 days and some extra cash would you do a 90 day cruise.on NCL Star you could. It is made up of 5 separate cruises. You would board on Jan. 16th 2017 in Hong kong and you would get off in Venice, Italy on April 16th 2017.

So who would like to do this. Would be awesome to see all the ports. I understand most of us do not have 90 days to do this or the money, but would be nice dreaming about it.

I did a quick search on price. I know you might be able to get it cheaper, But for two people in a Balcony with port fees it would be $35411 and add the daily service fee for 2($2385) $37,796. for the 90days.

21-Day Southeast Asia & Australia from Hong Kong

CRUISE PORTS Embark Hong Kong (China); Nha Trang (Vietnam); Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My) (Vietnam); Bangkok (Laem Chabang) (Thailand); Singapore (Singapore); Bali (Benoa) (Indonesia); Komodo (Indonesia); Darwin (Australia); Cairns (Australia); Airlie Beach (Australia); Brisbane (Australia); Disembark Sydney (Australia

12-Day Australia & New Zealand from Sydney

CRUISE PORTS Embark Sydney (Australia); Melbourne (Australia); Burnie (Tasmania) (Australia); Dunedin (New Zealand); Akaroa (New Zealand); Wellington (New Zealand); Napier (New Zealand); Tauranga (Rotorua) (New Zealand); Disembark Auckland (New Zealand

19-Day Australia & New Zealand from Auckland

CRUISE PORTS Embark Auckland (New Zealand); Bay of Islands (New Zealand); Sydney (Australia); Brisbane (Australia); Airlie Beach (Australia); Cairns (Australia); Darwin (Australia); Komodo (Indonesia); Bali (Benoa) (Indonesia); Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang) (Malaysia); Disembark Singapore (Singapore)

18-Day Southeast Asia & India from Singapore

CRUISE PORTS Embark Singapore (Singapore); Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang) (Malaysia); Penang (Malaysia); Phuket (Thailand); Colombo (Sri Lanka); Cochin (India); Mangalore (India); Goa (Mormugao) (India); Mumbai (India); Muscat (Oman); Fujairah (United Arab Emirates); Khasab (Oman); Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates); Disembark Dubai (United Arab Emirates

20-Day Eastern Mediterranean & The Gulf from Dubai

CRUISE PORTS Embark Dubai (United Arab Emirates); Fujairah (United Arab Emirates); Muscat (Oman); Salalah (Oman); Aqaba (Jordan); Safaga (Egypt); Sharm el Sheikh (Egypt); Haifa (Israel); Iraklion (Crete) (Greece); Dubrovnik (Croatia); Disembark Venice

If I could do a 90 day cruise it would not be on NCL.

Our last HAL cruise had many passengers onboard for the long haul. I loved listening to their travel tales. You could spot them at meals because they ordered things like oatmeal and fruit vs steak and eggs. Would need some sort of restraint sailing that long unless I wanted to be rolled off the ship. Those long haulers also seemed to be working out more faithfully. They knew all the great deck and public spaces like sheltered areas with the comfy teak padded loungers with no wind. The servers knew them too and would just bring them their preferred drinks and snacks without even asking. Not a bad gig.

I sailed the Jade two weeks and didn't want to leave. Would sail a Much longer journey if I was retired. Would be great to plan last minute inside stateroom on a ship with nice public areas such as covered dome pool... I check prices on those sailings and they do come down. Key would be flexible schedule, book separate segments and inside stateroom.

I think I would have to not only be retired but also downsized living wise. We were in Europe for a month in 2012 (land based)and came home to a flooded basement. We had contractors working on the house and landscapers busted a pipe. No one knew for a few days so it was a huge mess. I guess that sort of thing could happen even in a condo but less likely.

There was a lady that cruised 6 or 8 months out of the year on Crystal Cruises in a suite. She did say that she didn't pay the going rate, since she was there for months straight, but I doubt what she paid was less than what a care home would cost.

For sailing that long you'd miss dental cleaning and probably a health check. Perhaps she had no teeth. Someone asks you what you did in port and you say got my teeth cleaned instead of the Vatican tour.