Nostalgic for Tropicale?

Essiesmom

Its where it all started - April of 1994 - out of San Juan. How those 37,000 tons seemed so large at that time. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and were "upgraded" to the Empress deck. I was so excited until we opened the cabin door. Lower & upper bunks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still laugh about it. I cried when we left the ship - thought we would never cruise again. Ha On #30 or so. The bug bit us and keeps on biting

Its where it all started - April of 1994 - out of San Juan. How those 37,000 tons seemed so large at that time. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and were "upgraded" to the Empress deck. I was so excited until we opened the cabin door. Lower & upper bunks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still laugh about it. I cried when we left the ship - thought we would never cruise again. Ha On #30 or so. The bug bit us and keeps on biting

We sailed on her in May 1994 out of San Juan for our 20th anniversary. We loved having an oceanview on Empress - so easy to get back to the cabin after the show. She was our 5th Carnival cruise, the first being the Carnivale back in 1987. We had such a good time in 1994 that we took the entire family for Christmas 1995 out of New Orleans. We board #34 Carnival (#55 overall) on Monday.

We spent a few wonderful days in San Juan and we booked a guarantee which landed us on the Empress deck as well. In '92 we went on a day cruise to Mexico and decided we really needed to up the ante and chose the Tropical. We took a little break and returned quite happily to cruising.