Navigator 10/18 sailing - BIG trip report!

rudeney

Hey Rodney & Jan, really enjoyed talking to you at the M&M. We had a great time on the cruise doing absolutely nothing. Rested and relaxed My wrist is doing better since I started OT. It was a little scary going over the causeway leaving the ship. Hope you had a safe trip home. Sorry Katie got sick on the cruise. Monday was bad, did not go to dinner. Went to DL for a little while and then back to cabin. About 9:30 Foster went to Johany Rockets and got HB to go. Really enjoyed visiting with you two and maybe we will cruise together again. Patsy & Foster from Texas!!!

Hey Rodney & Jan, really enjoyed talking to you at the M&M. We had a great time on the cruise doing absolutely nothing. Rested and relaxed My wrist is doing better since I started OT. It was a little scary going over the causeway leaving the ship. Hope you had a safe trip home. Sorry Katie got sick on the cruise. Monday was bad, did not go to dinner. Went to DL for a little while and then back to cabin. About 9:30 Foster went to Johany Rockets and got HB to go. Really enjoyed visiting with you two and maybe we will cruise together again. Patsy & Foster from Texas!!!

Hi guys! It was great meeting you! Glad to hear the wrist is better.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice review! We will be on the Navigator (for the first time!) on Sunday. We are in a Grand Suite, and we just received our email from Nadja yesterday. Maybe she's subbing this week? I hope the original concierge is doing well.

You gave some great info and tips, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share.

-Kim

Nice review! We will be on the Navigator (for the first time!) on Sunday. We are in a Grand Suite, and we just received our email from Nadja yesterday. Maybe she's subbing this week? I hope the original concierge is doing well.

You gave some great info and tips, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share.

-Kim

Hi Kim,

We will be on her Feb 6th could I ask you to report back two items after your trip:

-Will Ricardo be back?

-If you get the wifi package, would you please run a speed test and let me know what kind of speeds you average?

Thank you!!

-Brandon

Hi Kim,

We will be on her Feb 6th could I ask you to report back two items after your trip:

-Will Ricardo be back?

-If you get the wifi package, would you please run a speed test and let me know what kind of speeds you average?

Thank you!!

-Brandon

You got it! :D

Hi Kim,

-Will Ricardo be back?

Thank you!!

-Brandon

Nadja is now the permanent Concierge in the CL, meaning she is no longer just filling in for Ricardo. It was reported on another thread that Ricardo is filling in on Jewel for Diego who broke his wrist.

OP probably posted more than I, ahem, remember about our trip on the same route 2 weeks later but if I can offer some tidbits...

Be wary if you're in 1278. We had a little “water in the bathroom floor” issue. You’d step on it and water sort of squirted up through what would be a hole in the “grout”. Probably something that should have gone down the floor drain, but missed, and not sure how long it had been there. They would’ve liked to move us and work on it but had nothing equivalent or better available and really didn’t want to “downgrade” us. They patched things up while we ported in Cozumel—it wasn’t an issue the rest of the trip-- and hopefully started on the floor-tear-out about 10am on Sunday. I don’t want to make a mountain out of a mole hill, because this issue was minor in our book. Nadja and everyone on RCL’s part was awesome how they dealt with it. Just saying : be wary in 1278… just in case.

I did an Internet Speed test and on a few occasions things were so slow the TEST TIMED OUT. Yikes! One of the successful attempts was like a 0.13gbps upload and a 0.25gbps download. My Mac-on-the-run also usually laughs at dodgy or difficult wi-fi but had some terrible times trying to connect. Now our trip—like OP—had a few weather issue so that might have been a factor.

We were on the Navigator the week before you which was fall break in parts of Texas and Oklahoma. While there were more children they were well behaved and sitting by the main pool was fun especially since the band, as you pointed out, was so good. They really put you in the cruise mood. By the way, that elevator was also out of service during our cruise. Nadja was in the Diamond lounge and was very helpful when were tendering in Belize.

Sorry to see the Navigator leave Galveston as we have always had a good time on her. Hopefully the Liberty will have as good a crew.:)

Regarding the Navigator's WiFi Internet service, I also tried a speed test and it timed out. It's just really too slow to use other than maybe checking weather and sending and receiving texts and emails (no photos!)

Nadja is great! You'll love having her as the concierge!

OP probably posted more than I, ahem, remember about our trip on the same route 2 weeks later but if I can offer some tidbits...

Be wary if you're in 1278. We had a little “water in the bathroom floor” issue. You’d step on it and water sort of squirted up through what would be a hole in the “grout”. Probably something that should have gone down the floor drain, but missed, and not sure how long it had been there. They would’ve liked to move us and work on it but had nothing equivalent or better available and really didn’t want to “downgrade” us. They patched things up while we ported in Cozumel—it wasn’t an issue the rest of the trip-- and hopefully started on the floor-tear-out about 10am on Sunday. I don’t want to make a mountain out of a mole hill, because this issue was minor in our book. Nadja and everyone on RCL’s part was awesome how they dealt with it. Just saying : be wary in 1278… just in case.

We are in 1278!!!! :eek: Thanks for the info.

-Kim

• 4 months later...