LIVE from Regal Princess, sailing November 3rd!

BugsyCruiser

Do you know what the cost is to eat lunch or dinner at the Wheelhouse Bar?

There is no cost. Only cost will be if you order a soft drink or alcholic drink with your meal. Only lunch is served at the Wheelhouse Bar and only on sea days.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Enjoying your reports and photos, one question, what was the green stuff on our plate of fish and chips?

Yes they are called mushy peas. They are dried marrow fat (I think) peas that have been soaked and then cooked. Nothing like regular green peas. A staple in England with fish and chips.

Hello Chris,

Thanks again for taking all this time for this live reviews it was fun and very informative for my Nov 29 cruise.

Now can't wait to hear the rest once your home.

Safe travels back.

Thanks again

Sea ya

Eric

Do you know what the cost is to eat lunch or dinner at the Wheelhouse Bar?

There is no charge when the Pub lunch is served on some seadays in the Wheelhouse (may be in another venue on some ships). The usual beverages that have a charge will have a charge there.

Some ships are having a Gastropub in the Wheelhouse at dinner time. There is a charge for this.

Good morning friends for the last time aboard Regal Princess! My flight home departs Fort Lauderdale at 11:30 this morning. I will try to post some thoughts and grades later today about this wonderful cruise and ship.

So stay tuned :)

I found this travel journey yesterday and finished just this morning.

I have always enjoyed your travel blogs and the story line but, more importantly your pictures.

Very well done.

Thank you for making my looooooooooooong cruise wait tolerable.

Thank you so much.

Enjoy winter:eek:

Just kidding ------just look forward to your next cruise.

Thanks so much again.

Safe journeys

I have a little bit of time here to start reflecting on the cruise. I know many are anxious to hear what I have to say about Regal. Well I enjoyed her very much. There are some faults which I will elaborate on later but they are very much outweighed by the positives. As many of you know I still rate Celebrity Silhouette as my favorite ship due to the food and Allure a very close second. I would now put Regal right there with Allure.

Regal Princess is not meant to "wow" you like Oasis class. But she is a very impressive ship. While there are not as many food offerings, the quality of the food was very good. I love the classy and traditional feel of the ship and I love the Piazza on Regal, even more so than the one I experienced on Ruby a few years back which I was blown away by at the time.

This is just a start of looking back on the cruise, more to come later

Wow, already at the airport, great job! You must have done self disembarkation?

Thanks again for taking us along on your cruise and safe journey home!

Nope, no self embarkation. I have an 11:30 am flight so my group number was called off the ship at 7:30

Good morning, Bugsy. Rarely do I follow a live thread, because I usually get bored or tired of the many interruptions. However, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed your thread. We love the Royal and Regal and you captured the Regal's essence with your pictures and commentary. Very fair reporting and I enjoyed the comparisons, because we haven't been on the new RCI ships.

Thanks for taking the time; I am sorry to see the cruise end for you.

Until next time.....Safe Journeys. Paul

As many of you know I still rate Celebrity Silhouette as my favorite ship due to the food and Allure a very close second. I would now put Regal right there with Allure.

This is good news for me! I'm doing Regal next week (for Thanksgiving) and doing the Silhouette in February.

Hi Bugsy! Count me in as one of the many who totally enjoyed your live thread while counting down the days to my 2nd trip on the Regal Princess in a few weeks. You may have noticed that the Celebrity Silhouette arrived this morning from her TA with my good friends aboard so I am anxiously awaiting to hear all about that trip. Safe trip home and happy holidays.

Thank you for your live review. We enjoyed following your journey and reminiscing about our past cruises on the Royal and Regal. Our neighbors are boarding today and we board in two weeks. Your thread has heightened our anticipation of our first B2B on a Princess cruise.

Safe travels home. We look forward to your final thoughts. :D

I also enjoyed your reviews and hope you continue to post about your awesome adventure. You have become my new favorite read every day so I'll miss that.

We have sailed on the Oasis and Allure and discovered balconies on the original Regal Princess back in 1991 so I appreciate your comparison comment to the Allure. Can't wait to cruise on the Royal Princess in January, 2016 and know that cruising is constantly changing to adapt to today's passengers. There are things I wish would stay the same but also appreciate new things as well. Every day at sea and on a ship is truly an awesome day.

Safe travels home and thanks again for allowing us to join you on your adventures!

Getting ready to board my flight. I'll post some thoughts and grades if the WiFi on the plane cooperates.

So for now, so long Regal Princess. It was a lot of fun.

Until next time... ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bugsy4271