Live from The Ruby November 1st

arizonaperson

Help. I'm packing to join the Ruby going to Hawaii and wonder if I need to bring shampoo and lotion. Please advise. We're in a standard balcony. Also - do I need to bring quarters for laundry? Thank you!

We were on RT LA to Hawaii and back last Month on the Ruby. There is shower gel and combo shampoo and conditioner in dispensers in the shower. Also, lotion provided by room steward. If you are particular, bring your own products as the provided product is similar to that provided in most hotels.

Laundry now has automated machines for tokens to use for washers and dryers. You swipe your cruise card to charge your account to use these. Average per load for washer and dryer is about $6.00. We brought our own pods for detergent.

The internet is satellite and extremely sloooooow. think dial-up. I hardly used any of our minutes (we are platinium). Waited until we were in port and went to Starbucks and used their wifi.

Edited by Luv2escape

Live fromThe princess theater. Internet on the ship finally working. When I logged on I had 139 min. Of my 150 min.

I tried late this afternoon and Internet not working,but now it is.

I know the current f & b manager,but I don't have the name in fro t of me. I think elka?

We have to disembark tomorrow. I'm not quite ready.

Michael Wilson (impressions and comedy)going on soon,so Internet over for now.

Julie

Food and beverage manager currently on The Ruby is Dana Ionescu.

The CD is very visible and personable,love that.

I need to use my Internet minutes,but it's time to go to sleep ,up early to vacate cabin,so the Nov.8th passengers can get onboard.

Lots of goods vs bands on this cruise,still wish I could continue onto the next cruise,but.....

Julie

Food and beverage manager currently on The Ruby is Dana Ionescu.

The CD is very visible and personable,love that.

I need to use my Internet minutes,but it's time to go to sleep ,up early to vacate cabin,so the Nov.8th passengers can get onboard.

Lots of goods vs bands on this cruise,still wish I could continue onto the next cruise,but.....

Julie

Thanks for letting me know.

Diane

I just got off the ship and got home here's some of my comments.

Living up to my handle, I got seasick on the first sea day as it was pretty rocky. The ship really was moving when it was heading in towards San Francisco. Other people probably didn't have any issues with the seas, but because I suck, I sure did.

The internet was kinda slow and it crapped out from about the second sea day to last night in Ensenada. That wasn't helpful at all for anyone who wanted to use the internet. Although with the majority of people on this cruise from the US, most of us were able to just use our phones while in port.

Food was good, and the Crown Grill is definitely worth spending the money on. Anytime dining can be hit or miss depending on what time you got there. You just had to avoid "Scooter Row" as the cruise had the most scooters and walkers I've ever seen on a ship. I did enjoy breakfast, as I ate my weight in French Toast, that stuff was delicious.

Did the ship have any plumbing issues that you were aware of? There have been a number of reviews indicating that the ship has some problems and I was wondering if it's still ongoing?

We personally never had problems with our cabin toilet,nor did our cabin mates next-door. Doesn't mean there wasn't a problem .I just didn't hear anybody talk about it. We were on Baja deck mid ship.

The only problem that we really had was the service or shall I say lack of service in the dining room. Have never received wrong orders so many times in the dining room. We only ate in the horizon court twice for breakfast,2nd to last day because we had excursion and on the last morning of our cruise.

Julie

Did the ship have any plumbing issues that you were aware of? There have been a number of reviews indicating that the ship has some problems and I was wondering if it's still ongoing?

noticed on emerald deck not sure where near e501 cabin carpeting being replace in cabin , not sure who told my wife and i that it was the second time cabin flooded