Live from The Ruby November 1st

arizonaperson

I'm curious about Princess @ Sea and if one is able to text to others on board without having to purchase an Internet package.

No Internet minutes or package used when you access the intranet which is what the texting to others is on as well as access to your cabin account and Patters.

Princess@Sea is what Princess calls everything you can do on their internet and intranet, not just what is internal to the ship.

OK it's live today from the Ruby Princess .our formal night is tonight Monday, November 2 our other formal night is Friday, November 6 after San Diego. The cruise director is Frank Castiliglione and the captain is Craig Street.

Today it's cloudy on the way to San Francisco were supposed to have a headwind and some high seas according to Captain last night. So far just cloudy.

We were able to have embarkation lunch in da Vinci dining room yesterday great way to start off the cruise. Our cruise critic meeting is today. Met a few Cruise critic members last night passing through crooners

We were able to have embarkation lunch in da Vinci dining room yesterday great way to start off the cruise. Our cruise critic meeting is today. Met a few cruise critic members last night passing through crooners .

Maybe I will post more later today as always busy busy busy on board.. Maybe I will post more later today as always busy busy busy on board.

Julie

Arizonaperson I hope you have a fantastic cruise!

I am from Tempe and let me tell you that the weather right now is marvelous!

I've been looking @ the coastal cruise and am interested on what you think of it. Ruby Princess is a wonderful ship and I know you will have a great time!

Looking forward to more... :D

Teresa

Edited by greenie082756

Live from sunny S.F. After a few bumps in the night.had a few waves in the night..

Last night was a Billy Joel tribute.tonight vocal impressionist mike wilson.happy hour is a skywalkers from 10 PM to 11 PM by one get one for a dollar. Happy hour is a skywalkers from 10 PM to 11 PM by one get one for a dollar .also from 3 to 4 in the wheelhouse.. Also from 3 to 4 in the wheelhouse.

I tried messenger at sea but only used the I tried messenger charges folio to look at my bill I did not try it to message anyone. It was free to use and it didn't affect my minutes.

I'm in mc Donald's using free internet right now. Busy busy time when on a ship. Not much time to post.

We held our cc mtg yesterday had a great turnout and the captain ,CD, and many others took time out to attend.

Later when I can I'll post more.

Julie

Just got off the Ruby Princess on Sunday (from Mexican Riviera cruise). A few things:

- Internet speed is definitely slow, and in need of an upgrade. I only did emails, nothing that was graphic or data intensive.

- Intranet (the free communication between passengers) is ok, but it has a few quirks since it isn't a "true phone app". Namely, your phone will not buzz, chime, or alert you of a message. You have to check the "messenger", and refresh often. You also need the "id" assigned to any passenger, in order to add them to your messenger contact list.

- If you want a quiet bar for a drink or small get together, use Adagio bar on Deck 16 (starboard side, next to Sabatini's).

Just got off the Ruby Princess on Sunday (from Mexican Riviera cruise). A few things:

- Internet speed is definitely slow, and in need of an upgrade. I only did emails, nothing that was graphic or data intensive.

- Intranet (the free communication between passengers) is ok, but it has a few quirks since it isn't a "true phone app". Namely, your phone will not buzz, chime, or alert you of a message. You have to check the "messenger", and refresh often. You also need the "id" assigned to any passenger, in order to add them to your messenger contact list.

- If you want a quiet bar for a drink or small get together, use Adagio bar on Deck 16 (starboard side, next to Sabatini's).

A start in the right direction. It would be especially handy when traveling with teens who have aged out of kids club but don't want to hang out with parents all day. Hopefully, there will be tweaks to the system and a real app created that works like typical texting. But until then, better than nothing. It should be useful once we figure out how to make it work.

Thanks for the tips.

live from the Ruby.beautiful day in Santa Barbara.

We Are at the SB wine tasting room. 6 wines for $10.00

Sorry I can't post more or answer many questions.

Computer on ship down most of last night and this morning. So on wineries wi fi.

Color of the world show last night and new production show soon.

Hope to post more later when ship internet works and more time.

Julie

Help. I'm packing to join the Ruby going to Hawaii and wonder if I need to bring shampoo and lotion.

There is a combined shampoo/conditioner mounted in the shower. There have been many posts that this is not a good product.

Ship Internet still not working. Beautiful day today in San Diego .

Haven't used very many of my Internet minutes the system has been down most of the cruise.

We are in a Starbucks now catching up on computer stuff.

New show tonight magic to do.

Last formal night tonight.

Good cruise so far. Wait staff in dining rooms(service) are hit or miss,more so than usual. Food we think is still good.

Julie