New cruiser question

Scutergirl

We are going on our first cruise and I have been reading forums for weeks but still have just a couple things I need help with.

It's on carnival Liberty

Can you bring soda on board in cans or bottles? Also, can you bring them on from any port or only at the beginning?

can you bring in sealed bags of snacks from home or ports?

We pre ordered some beer for our room from the fun shop. Can we order more once on board or is that just before hand? Can you take beer and soda that you ordered that way out of your cabin?

Is the outside of the cabin door metal so magnets stick to it?

Any help would be appreciated! We leave in about a month so we are really getting excited!

We are going on our first cruise and I have been reading forums for weeks but still have just a couple things I need help with.

It's on carnival Liberty

Can you bring soda on board in cans or bottles? Also, can you bring them on from any port or only at the beginning?

can you bring in sealed bags of snacks from home or ports?

We pre ordered some beer for our room from the fun shop. Can we order more once on board or is that just before hand? Can you take beer and soda that you ordered that way out of your cabin?

Is the outside of the cabin door metal so magnets stick to it?

Any help would be appreciated! We leave in about a month so we are really getting excited!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Since your questions are Carnival specific, you would get lots of response on the Carnival Board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

You cab take on a 12 pack of soda in cans only, no bottles. I believe they have altered the rules so that you can replenish in ports. Yes, you can take your drinks out of your cabin. Yes, you can bring on sealed snacks. EM

Scutergirl ... Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

You'll be able to take the beer you ordered anyplace you wish on the ship.

Your doors will be metal so you can put magnets on them if you wish.

You can bring hand packed snacks from home on the ship but you can't take them off the ships at ports of call. Any snacks you take into ports must be packaged and sealed by the manufacturer.

Stay excited and look forward to having a Wonderful cruise! :D

LuLu

Thanks everyone for the information! I have learned so much from following this forum and the one on Carnival.

I tend to be an over packer so I made a list of all the suggestions I found then narrowed down to the ones I think make the most sense for us. Great ideas from you guys! I am going to try and pack similar to when I take a motorcycle trip (only so much is going in a saddlebag or luggage pack!). LOL

Can't wait!!