Newbie here- help with cabin location- Reflection Cabin #8256

tybeelucy2

Hi everyone! My husband and I are on the Reflection 11/28. This is our first in 15 or so years, I'm sure a lot has changed since our last cruise! First time on Celebrity also, previously only sailed on Carnival.

We have been assigned cabin #8256 - balcony- is this a good location? From what I can figure out, it's the backside of the "hump" (that sounds kinda dirty LOL) and near the rear of the ship. So am I right that this is good? And that there's there's less wind here (and less of a forward view, but that's OK). It's also kind of near the elevators- is that a good or bad thing? And the hump balconies are a little bigger? Any insight is greatly appreciated

Also, is it common for the reservations page of the Celebrity website to be down? I've been trying to log in all weekend and it keeps telling me to "try again" in 20 minutes.

Thanks, Amy

Your cabin is a 1A with a slanted balcony that is larger than the regular balconies. It is also near the elevators which is a good thing, IMHO. The elevators are in a bay away from the cabin so you won't hear noise from them at all. We are on your sailing as well! It will be our sixth time on Reflection; we love her! Any more questions?

Oh, and check the Sticky at the top of the Celebrity Board for information on S-Class cabins. Someone might have reviewed it there.

Thanks Helen. We live in GA too (ATL). I will check for that sticky.

i'm sure I'll have a ton more questions as we get closer. Are there any excursions you highly recommend?

Also, I had read something about the menu in the MDR - it changes nightly but there was a standard menu that was always available (that didn't change nightly), do you know anything about that? I think I read it on these forums but I've read so many posts I can't keep anything straight and I can't find it again to get clarification.

The standard items are just that, think chicken, salmon, that do not change from night to night. In 27 cruises, we have never ordered one of the standard items, we have always found the nightly offerings to our liking.

BTW, our last Reflection cruise (December), we thought the MDR food was the best of any MDR we experienced.

Also, I had read something about the menu in the MDR - it changes nightly but there was a standard menu that was always available (that didn't change nightly), do you know anything about that? I think I read it on these forums but I've read so many posts I can't keep anything straight and I can't find it again to get clarification.

The standard items are just that, think chicken, salmon, that do not change from night to night. In 27 cruises, we have never ordered one of the standard items, we have always found the nightly offerings to our liking.

BTW, our last Reflection cruise (December), we thought the MDR food was the best of any MDR we experienced.

This was also our experience in the MDR on the Reflection in Nov 2013. The wifester rates it as our best cruise in 25 years.

The angled balconies are great. Your room is close to the elevators and your are mid ship. We have been on the front side of the hump. on the hump and just past the hump. never an issue. And you are on the non smoking side . Port side 4th floor outside is smoking area. We are trying the very last cabin on the starboard side this time to check out the movement and the bigger balcony but on the 7th floor so a 2A but pay a 2B. Working our way to see if we want to pay for a rear facing SV in the future. :D

Hi everyone! My husband and I are on the Reflection 11/28. This is our first in 15 or so years, I'm sure a lot has changed since our last cruise! First time on Celebrity also, previously only sailed on Carnival.

We have been assigned cabin #8256 - balcony- is this a good location? From what I can figure out, it's the backside of the "hump" (that sounds kinda dirty LOL) and near the rear of the ship. So am I right that this is good? And that there's there's less wind here (and less of a forward view, but that's OK). It's also kind of near the elevators- is that a good or bad thing? And the hump balconies are a little bigger? Any insight is greatly appreciated

Also, is it common for the reservations page of the Celebrity website to be down? I've been trying to log in all weekend and it keeps telling me to "try again" in 20 minutes.

Thanks, Amy

Hi Newbie

We are also on Reflection 11/28. There is a problem with celebrity website. I kept getting "come back in 20 minutes" and called Celebrity 3 times. They told me to go in as unregistered instead of through sign-on. Hope we have a great cruise.

Anne

Thanks, Amy

Hi Newbie

We are also on Reflection 11/28. There is a problem with celebrity website. I kept getting "come back in 20 minutes" and called Celebrity 3 times. They told me to go in as unregistered instead of through sign-on. Hope we have a great cruise.

Anne

Yes Celebrity has a software/IT problem. Been like that for a couple of weeks or more. Celebrity either doesn't care or has no idea how to fix it. I still scratch my head that a company with the resources Celebrity and/or it's parent hasn't been able to fix it yet.

Can you imagine a regular on line retailer letting a problem like this continue for this long. That's why I'm beginning to believe Celebrity doesn't care. I sure they figure anyone who wants to do business with them directly will just get on the phone and call.

Hi Newbie

Anne

We're also on the Nov 28th sailing, forward on the port side. Last summer we sailed on Solstice in Alaska and were very near the forward elevators. I was worried there would be noise, but there was absolutely none. Tried to get the same stateroom on Reflection but it was booked, so we got next door. I prefer to be forward rather than aft so I can see forward from the balcony, but that's just personal preference. We've sailed Carnival Miracle, but I like the decor of Celebrity's Solstice class ships a lot better.