Advice on early SIN departure, please.

roddonn

What time would we have to disembark the ship to make a very early 6:50 AM departure out of SIN? How far to the airport and how many hours do we need to be at the airport before flight time? Is immigration check, etc., done on

the ship, even at such an early hour? We need to know what time to request a shuttle pick-up at the pier. Thanks!

6.50am Flight out of Singapore will require you to be at the airport 2 hours before it departs.. You will have to check with your airline for the last check in timing if you like to push it to the last minute

Which means, you will have to be off the ship at 4.30am or 5am latest and your shuttle will take 15-20 mins to Changi Airport. (Time dependable on Traffic conditions)

Immigration is done outside the ship in the cruise terminal itself, both terminal inclusive (Singapore Cruise Center @ HarbourFront) and at Marina Bay Cruise Center. You may have to ask your cruise line if they do immigration on the ship that early.

I will be really nervous if my ship docks that morning..with an early flight. If you are overnighting on the ship docked in Singapore which i hope you are, then its okay.

Edited by WaveSplasher

What time is your ship scheduled to arrive? I agree that it sounds very tight indeed. You need to arrive at Singapore Changi 2 hours before your flight to check-in, which means 4:50am to catch a 6:50am flight.

I doubt your ship would have docked by then.

Thanks for your replies.

We're on HAL Volendam which docks on Dec.07 & overnights till Dec. 08.

Our Delta flight departs 6:50 AM on Dec. 08, which means a very early disembarkment off the ship on the 08th. My concern is how much time will I need to get thru immigration and where is this done. I assume that a few more cruisers will need to disembark early as well, so there should be a process normally done. I hope! I need to advise the shuttle service of requested pick-up time at the cruise terminal, which I hope won't be a problem

at such an early hour…… open 24 hrs.?

Again, thanks for your help.

It might be a good idea to contact HAL to see whether an early disembarkation is possible. I doubt that immigration staff will be available 24/7. You may have to arrange disembarkation on the previous day and stay at a hotel that night.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

We had hassles with HAL when we wanted to disembark early after an overnight in Sydney to catch an early flight back to NZ. We arranged with the front desk and they OK'd it, but they did not tell security on the gangway and they would not let us off as they thought we were skipping off the ship to avoid paying the final account.:eek:

We had hassles with HAL when we wanted to disembark early after an overnight in Sydney to catch an early flight back to NZ. We arranged with the front desk and they OK'd it, but they did not tell security on the gangway and they would not let us off as they thought we were skipping off the ship to avoid paying the final account.:eek:

I decided to phone HAL for info on early disembarkment and was told all we would have to do is advise front desk one day prior….. PLUS have our account

paid in full (!) and they would arrange for immigration process that early AM

before we left the ship at 3:30 AM!! He sounded like it was no problem & done often with ships overnighting…. at least in Singapore. Hope we don't have any problems with this, as we've booked a shuttle for 3:45 AM. I'll definitely ask them to alert security too!

Thanks for your help.