Liberty of the Seas - 6305 - Ben and Jerry SWEET

mpoole3

from the video description:

Published on Feb 27, 2015

Brief tour of the Ben & Jerry's Sweet, cabin #6305, on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas. Cabin is decorated in a cow theme, promenade view is of the cows above the Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop, and perks of the cabin include free ice cream each day and access to the concierge lounge. Each ship in the Freedom class (Freedom, Liberty, and Independence of the Seas) has a cabin like this, #6305.

Edited by TnTWalter

Just booked the Liberty of the Seas for September 4, 2016. I landed a PR cabin 6305, which is the Ben and Jerry Sweet. I've seen a video from 5 years ago on youtube, but has anyone had this cabin in the last year or two?

What perks should I expect to see?

We were in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet for the Halloween Cruise 10/22/15. We went to Customer Service Deck 5 and exchanged our card for a gold card. You also need a second card to access the concierge lounge. Continental Breakfast in the morning and coffee 24 hrs. Appetizers and drinks from 5-8PM. DH & I had free ice cream from B&J's. Also, the gold card gets you access to Chops for Breakfast. Order the pancake with fruit, you won't be sorry. Also gold card area for the ice show and gold card area for sunbathers. I felt so special!

We were in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet for the Halloween Cruise 10/22/15. We went to Customer Service Deck 5 and exchanged our card for a gold card. You also need a second card to access the concierge lounge. Continental Breakfast in the morning and coffee 24 hrs. Appetizers and drinks from 5-8PM. DH & I had free ice cream from B&J's. Also, the gold card gets you access to Chops for Breakfast. Order the pancake with fruit, you won't be sorry. Also gold card area for the ice show and gold card area for sunbathers. I felt so special!

Forgot to mention, NO slamming doors!

Gold card area for sunbathing kinda sux :p

1446822030641.jpg.32c44ee57fb01c54b1b17b61b82ee028.jpg

We had the B&J Sweet for a New England cruise at the end of Sept. We had heard about it, and decided to take advantage of if when the room became available. What John&LaLa said about the cabins is exactly true:

"It's really quite simple, you get one ice cream per day per person, you get access to the concierge lounge. You get a slightly blocked view and a quirky decor. Your suite benefits are really quite limited, but it varies by ship and the mood of the concierge. And you may get a very noisy cabin.

I'm not surprised not everyone knows about it, it is a very unique situation. Only three in the entire fleet, just relax and enjoy some Chunky Monkee".

We decided to have additional fun, and decorated the door with a cow-print tablecloth, and added cow print wide ribbon to the door-frame. In addition, we hung cow-tails from the ceiling, and added a little decoration to the window.

We did not have a problem with the slamming door in the front of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Parlor. The door closed somewhat nicely, so no real loud noises.

We did receive a separate 'Gold Card' for access to the Concierge Lounge. Since this was a New England Cruise, we didn't really see a need for access to Gold Seating by the pool, so we didn't ask the Concierge for anything extra. We had understood from past posts on Cruise Critic that it was up to the Concierge if we could get any additional benefits, so it wasn't worth the effort. (As is our custom, we did give gifts to members of the cruise staff that we appreciated, including the Concierge. In return, he sent us a bottle of wine for our last dinner of the cruise.)

During our cruise, we regularly hung out at the Concierge Lounge, and had a great time talking with a number of the people who booked suites. It turns out most had never heard of the B&J Sweet. We had to show it to them. They were totally surprised, and enjoyed the tour. (We, also, gave tours to people from the Meet & Mingle, and others we met at the Mystery Dinner. Our cabin was quite popular.)

With the upcoming dry-dock for the Liberty, it is unknown what will happen with this room. I only hope they take-apart the window and clean it throughout. The window was a little grungy, and harder to see clearly through. The room steward had tried cleaning it multiple times, but the dirt had built up between the sheets of glass.

I am not saying there is anything there, but don't be surprised if you find something we may have 'accidently' left behind.

Jim and Karen

Congratulations on scoring that cabin! I've sailed in that cabin twice on Independence of the Seas, and I've got it booked two more times for upcoming sailings on Freedom of the Seas.

I'll be on Liberty of the Seas the following month. I'd suggest you could book the "Sweet" then, but friends of mine already snagged it! :D

Congratulations on scoring that cabin! I've sailed in that cabin twice on Independence of the Seas, and I've got it booked two more times for upcoming sailings on Freedom of the Seas.

I'll be on Liberty of the Seas the following month. I'd suggest you could book the "Sweet" then, but friends of mine already snagged it! :D

Let us know how the Freedom experience compares to Indy.

BTW, Freedom has a motion detection device. Kill it. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

Gold card area for sunbathing kinda sux :p

Agreed! Freedom has the absolute worst gold card seating! If there is the slightest bit of wind you can't utilize those chairs. That's a huge downside of booking a suite and/or having a gold card on this ship. I believe most other ships have this reserved section on the stadium seating on either side of the pool bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Doing some research, and realized that I have the room the sailing after you Chirpbird!

I have the Ben & Jerry Sweet for the May 22, 2016 cruise out of Galveston. So looking forward to the kitschy room