Hidden secret on the Breakaway

skeeter195

I know some of you know this already, but I rarely if ever have heard it mentioned. For breakfast the you can go to Modernos/Cagneys. On the Moderno side it is set up with a small buffet. On the Cagneys side it is set up with eggs/omelettes to order along with some meats. There are coffee pots and OJ and grapefruit in large serving pots also. We went there on last two cruises many times and I do not think that we ever saw more than a dozen or so tables occupied. A huge difference from the masses at the regular buffet.

Good to know. I'm not sure you can really call it a hidden secret however because it is listed in the dailies :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on the BA twice and never knew this. Shows how much I pay attention to the dailies [emoji57]

Good to know. I'm not sure you can really call it a hidden secret however because it is listed in the dailies :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know - had the secret of the Uptown Grill for breakfast to myself til like Day 4, when other people "discovered" it. [emoji6] Not too many know the secret of free lunch in Moderno, yet.[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

I know some of you know this already, but I rarely if ever have heard it mentioned. For breakfast the you can go to Modernos/Cagneys. On the Moderno side it is set up with a small buffet. On the Cagneys side it is set up with eggs/omelettes to order along with some meats. There are coffee pots and OJ and grapefruit in large serving pots also. We went there on last two cruises many times and I do not think that we ever saw more than a dozen or so tables occupied. A huge difference from the masses at the regular buffet.

It was wonderful. We went there on our last cruise for breakfast. Only wish it was open more. It's not open every day. If it was I would never step foot in the regular buffet for breakfast. This hidden gem is wonderful.

Geri

What type of lunch do they have in Moderno?

Its a complimentary buffet.

I thought that Cagney's only serves breakfast to suite passengers....

What do they charge if not in a suite?

I think you're confusing it with the Dawn- and Jewel-class ships, since they don't have a equivalent of Haven/Suite restaurant on them. On the Breakaway (Getaway, Escape, & Epic, too), Haven have their own completely separate restaurant in their area for breakfast / lunch / dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
I know - had the secret of the Uptown Grill for breakfast to myself til like Day 4, when other people "discovered" it. [emoji6] Not too many know the secret of free lunch in Moderno, yet.[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

That's my favorite lunch spot!