Review: Best Time on the Breeze 10/24/15-11/01/15

BenjiRodney

Just got home Sunday night/Monday morning from a wonderful 8 night cruise on the Carnival Breeze. Miami/Grand Turk/La Romana/Aruba and Curacao.

Still sorting and uploading pictures and I will have many of them to follow. Please ask questions and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Background: This was my 13th Carnival Cruise and 15th cruise overall. I have three more cruises booked for 2016, two on Carnival and one on Royal Caribbean. You can probably guess which cruise line I prefer.

We flew from Charleston WV to Washington DC to Miami on American one day prior. Booked Starlite Hotel on South Beach through hotels dot com for their rewards program. Hotel in right in the middle of everything and was perfect for a pre cruise stay. Patty at check in was amazing, gave us a few things to see or do while in Miami. She asked how we were getting to the port the next day, and I told her I booked through Top Shuttle Miami, had I waited, she could have saved my 20.00 off my ride. Oh well.

FYI in case you forgot anything or need your soda/wine, there are Walgreen's and CVS stores within walking distance. If you want to save some money on dinner, head over towards the Lincoln Road Mall area, food is cheaper there since you are not right on the beachfront.

We got up in plenty of time to walk around South Beach and have breakfast before check out, which was early at 11 am. Shuttle was scheduled for 1115 am, they called at 1045 to confirm the pick up and advise they would be on time. A Halloween marathon was taking place that morning and it was neat watching people run in their costumes.

I was not in a hurry to get to the port just to sit, being Platinum is a perk so we can usually just go check in and walk right on.

From the time the shuttle picked us up, to dropping the bags, clearing security, checking in and walking on board, they had only just called zone 4. So not too bad. We were handed a letter stating that we would be leaving 3-4 hours late due to work that had to be done while the ship was in port. I do believe we pulled away from the pier at 710. It was nice to leave Miami at dark. This did not impact our arrival into Grand Turk , we were actually 1/2 hour early.

Our room, was a standard 8E balcony room on Lido deck 10 forward, 10228. I really like this location as it is close to all of the action and quiet at the same time, not a lot of foot traffic.

IMG_2470_zpsjpnu8jwf.jpg[/img]

Edited by BenjiRodney

I will say I only took about 1/2 as many pictures as I normally do, was having a great time, and this was such a different cruise from the one to Alaska we did in May. But I still got a lot of pictures. It was a little rocky on the way to Grand Turk, not sure if it was due to the Captain making up for our late departure. I am one that does not mind the rocking, I like to feel the motion and know that I am on a ship.

The excursions we booked for this trip, all of them through Carnival were:

Grand Turk: Coast to Coast Safari

La Romana: Altos de Chavon and River Boat Cruise

Aruba: Best of Aruba Island Tour

Curacao: Curacao Coastal County Drive

I was able to find a cheaper price for the Aruba tour, called Carnival and they honored the lower price, gave me 22.00 OBC for the difference.

This would only be the 2nd time to Grand Turk, last time was in 2010, and we never made it past Jimmy Buffet's place. So I wanted a tour first before stopping for eats/drinks. I had read up on the tour and what a great guide Rodney was. We were lucky to have him as our guide. He explained everything that we were seeing, he answered all of our questions. Each time that we stopped, he made sure the cooler was available to us, it was full of soda's and water. The next series of pictures will all be of Grand Turk and the things we saw on this tour.