New NCL Menus...

sid_9169

I tried this a few times and each time guest services tell me to either come back to them each morning or to check the 'window' by the MDR when they post the daily menu. I even asked for daily MDR menus when in suites - still, never got them.

Harriet

Just be persistent and ask the right people. We were in a suite two years ago. The concierge said no problem. We got the menus. Following year different concierge told us the menus were not decided until the day of. We spoke to our butler. Got the menus one hour later and they were for the entire week in order. Suffice to say we are cruising on the same ship soon. If the concierge is the same, will not even bother asking him. We will get our menus though.

The new menus look interesting, but I am supremely disappointed that the salmon tartare is no longer an every day appetizer option. :( That was my absolute favorite. The "Dorado ceviche" is not going to do it for me.

Me too. I really loved that even though I often don't like avocado. Hopefully they didn't also change the recipe!

I tried this a few times and each time guest services tell me to either come back to them each morning or to check the 'window' by the MDR when they post the daily menu. I even asked for daily MDR menus when in suites - still, never got them.

Harriet

I am guessing if you had gone to the restaurant reservations desk they may have been able to help you. I don't know for certain, I never knew we could do that. It would help with making reservations for the specialty dining rooms. Now, as for us asking as soon as we get on the ship, I think guest services is so busy at the time, they could care less about helping us get menues. Mabye the 2nd morning would be a better time.

I am guessing if you had gone to the restaurant reservations desk they may have been able to help you. I don't know for certain, I never knew we could do that. It would help with making reservations for the specialty dining rooms. Now, as for us asking as soon as we get on the ship, I think guest services is so busy at the time, they could care less about helping us get menues. Mabye the 2nd morning would be a better time.

That's where I did go, the Restaurant Reservations desk. They told me to come back each morning or to wait until afternoon and look at the posted menu by the restaurants. When I stayed in the suites, both times, they just gave me one MDR menu! LOL

Oh well, such a little thing, actually.

Harriet

We ate in the Manhattan on the two night trip from Hamburg to Southampton with the new menus. Food was excellent and the ceviche was very tasty.

Steak et frites is a staple at any French restaurant and is a steak cooked however you want it with the thin chips (fries).

Steak et frites is a staple at any French restaurant and is a steak cooked however you want it with the thin chips (fries).

It is steak with fries/chips but for some reason we say "steak frites" not usually "steak et frites". That is why so many people are confused. Foreign terms on a menu are fine, but they should really have included a brief description of the dishes in English. Now the servers will have to spend a lot of time explaining things. Either that or people will order lots of stuff they don't want by mistake, or miss out on foods that they might have really enjoyed, just because they don't happen to know the word in Italian or French or Spanish or whatever.

• 1 year later...

i read this thread and figured out that indeed the mdr menus change daily. http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

are the beyond ships menus the current ones

i understand that all the menus may not be out for the week but is it fair to say they will be posted that morning outside the mdr. do they ever appear on the TV screen?

i was glad to see pancakes on the menu because thats all the kids want

i read this thread and figured out that indeed the mdr menus change daily. http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

i understand that all the menus may not be out for the week but is it fair to say they will be posted that morning outside the mdr. do they ever appear on the TV screen?

I can't say for certain what they are doing now, but recently on one sailing we were on they had 17 different MDR menus to choose from and they didn't go in any particular order. Even the first and last night menus could vary among a couple choices.

Yes, they typically post them outside the MDR earlier in the day.

Menus can be viewed on the TV on Breakaway, at least as of last November.