Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

anonmom

Elements show was good. Must get there early for good seat on Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, we have Cagneys reserved for 7:00p the night of the Elements show... really want to make it to the show (the late one) wondering if we should reschedule our time or do you think we are ok doing dinner at 7p and get to Elements for the 9:45 show? Wasn't sure how long dinners in the specialty dining rooms took... Thank you! :)

Just curious, we have Cagneys reserved for 7:00p the night of the Elements show... really want to make it to the show (the late one) wondering if we should reschedule our time or do you think we are ok doing dinner at 7p and get to Elements for the 9:45 show? Wasn't sure how long dinners in the specialty dining rooms took... Thank you! :)

At every dinner we asked for everything to be served as soon as possible. It was nice to not wait so long for each course. You should have plenty of time.

We tendered in Trujillo twice. One was a nightmare & lifeboat broke down.

Were you by chance on the Jewel on it's 2nd visit to Trujillo? It was in October. I was on that cruise and remember the life boat breaking down and my tour left without me . I had the owner of the port; Randy Jorgenson take me to the resort for my horseback riding on the beach excursion. That was an awesome cruise!! I'm sailing again on the Jade on Dec. 19th.

I really appreciate your input, thanks!!

Thanks for all the info! Do you recall which nights they served Prime Rib? On recent cruises on Getaway and Epic they had Prime Rib featured twice I think in the pub and dining room.

in the mdr Friday night was prime rib. it was on the buffet earlier in the week but we didn't do dinner at the buffet so I'm not sure which night. mine was very good as I ordered it rare but my wife's medium was not good. I will also say the steak off the every day menu was excellent (rare).

Were you by chance on the Jewel on it's 2nd visit to Trujillo? It was in October. I was on that cruise and remember the life boat breaking down and my tour left without me . I had the owner of the port; Randy Jorgenson take me to the resort for my horseback riding on the beach excursion. That was an awesome cruise!! I'm sailing again on the Jade on Dec. 19th.

I really appreciate your input, thanks!!

Negative. We were there after Thanksgiving & in February.ImageUploadedByForums1449452721.698241.jpg.cc30964aaa4a09d1d227478cbb4572f9.jpg

There are many negative postings regarding NCL & the Jade but this was one of our favorite cruises.

Thank you so much for everything you've contributed to this thread, Tanya!

I have read a lot of negativity about NCL in general on this board, including some negative reviews of the Jade, but it really seems like a lot of it is things that don't really affect me, partly because I'm a first-time cruiser, so I don't have the feeling of "it used to be one way, and now they changed it".

Also, I do tend to think that experiences are what you make of them, so I'm more the type to (for instance) get up and move to another bar if I'm not being served quickly enough. Or if there is a serious problem, just keep moving things up the chain until I get it resolved, instead of accepting it and then feeling negatively about the experience.

And I do think that, not being particularly affluent, I am probably closer to NCL's target demographic than some of the posters who complain about the quality of the food, etc. I've read several complaints about the food being like chain restaurants, specifically Olive Garden or similar. Now, I'm not going to say that I love chain restaurants, or want to eat at that type of place every day in my real life, but I simply can't complain about a vacation where unlimited fast casual dining, unlimited alcoholic beverages and a room are all included for 2 adults and a child for $350/night.

Thank you so much for everything you've contributed to this thread, Tanya!

I have read a lot of negativity about NCL in general on this board, including some negative reviews of the Jade, but it really seems like a lot of it is things that don't really affect me, partly because I'm a first-time cruiser, so I don't have the feeling of "it used to be one way, and now they changed it".

Also, I do tend to think that experiences are what you make of them, so I'm more the type to (for instance) get up and move to another bar if I'm not being served quickly enough. Or if there is a serious problem, just keep moving things up the chain until I get it resolved, instead of accepting it and then feeling negatively about the experience.

And I do think that, not being particularly affluent, I am probably closer to NCL's target demographic than some of the posters who complain about the quality of the food, etc. I've read several complaints about the food being like chain restaurants, specifically Olive Garden or similar. Now, I'm not going to say that I love chain restaurants, or want to eat at that type of place every day in my real life, but I simply can't complain about a vacation where unlimited fast casual dining, unlimited alcoholic beverages and a room are all included for 2 adults and a child for $350/night.

I agree with you, but I don't think it has anything to do with how affluent you are. IMO, some people on here just like to complain and it's "cool" to complain about food, prices, etc. A cruise is what you make of it, if you are looking for negative you will find it.

Was my 7 days on the Jade perfect? No, but when I have a perfect 7 days I'll let you all know. [emoji23]

Edited by txagfan

There are many negative postings regarding NCL & the Jade but this was one of our favorite cruises. 1e3ae6d3bd7f3c5acb4afa55bb15fe36.jpg

Tanyaheart, do you know if I can bring a 6 outlet power strip on-board and what about a case of water or sodas? btw nice pix.

Edited by gmurray658

Tanyaheart, do you know if I can bring a 6 outlet power strip on-board and what about a case of water or sodas? btw nice pix.

Affirmative. A power strip is recommended. You can take water and sodas but you either have to pack them or carry them on board yourself. The porters will not carry your drinks.

Tanyaheart,

Any comment on overall cruise. The only reviews are the first shakedown cruise. Overall are you happy. How was staff friendlyness, food, steward etc. I am on post Christmas and won't to get your valued opinion.

THanks,

MrMan

Tanyaheart,

Any comment on overall cruise. The only reviews are the first shakedown cruise. Overall are you happy. How was staff friendlyness, food, steward etc. I am on post Christmas and won't to get your valued opinion.

THanks,

MrMan

This was one of our favorite cruises! I wrote many updates. See previous postings. Have a great time & keep a positive attitude!!

I just booked the Jade yesterday for a Jan. 16th cruise. I found reading this thread very informative which was great as I have not sailed this ship nor on NCL in several years. So thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Unhappy to hear about Roatan situation as I really wanted to do a private tour there as I just could not find a shore ex I liked for this port. I did call NCL about Roatan and was told we will tender in this port.

I just booked the Jade yesterday for a Jan. 16th cruise. I found reading this thread very informative which was great as I have not sailed this ship nor on NCL in several years. So thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Unhappy to hear about Roatan situation as I really wanted to do a private tour there as I just could not find a shore ex I liked for this port. I did call NCL about Roatan and was told we will tender in this port.

Look at Victor Bodden tours. There is a "best of " private tour where you have your own driver and they will take you to do what you want, lots of things to choose from. This is what we booked. They will wait on you if it takes a while to tender.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk