Golden mini suite for 4?

clairebearinaus

Hi,

I'm considering a mini suite on the Golden Princess, dolphin deck for two adults and two kids. The website only allows me to book a few of the mini suites for 4 people, and I found a deck plan online which says those cabins have a fourth bed, a pullman, in addition to the usual queen and sofa beds.

If you've stayed in a cabin like this I'd love some info about how all those beds are configured. I'm guessing the pullman is above the sofa?

Any advice much appreciated.

Yes - the sofa makes into a bed and directly above it, there is a bed that pulls out from ceiling or wall (can't remember). But it looks like bunk beds.

All minisuites will accomodate 3 people, only a portion of those will also do 4 people.

Depending on your kids ages, you may want to price out an inside across the hall. Sometimes it is cheaper to book a 2nd cabin than add a 3rd and 4th person to a mini suite. Not always, but worth checking.

Here is a picture here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46083209 I have seen where the bed opens up like a queen but have also seen pictures that the bed can open up to a twin when the entire bed doesn't open up like the one in this picture.

Edited by Coral

That picture is a bit deceptive. The full couch is not opened out, only about 2/3 and the width of the pull out is slightly wider than a twin. EM

On some ships, the full couch does open up. On others, it doesn't. I even made note in my comment about that.

I definitely have been on some ships where the whole couch opens up.

Edited by Coral

Thank you, very helpful! My boys will be 12 and 11, and it's only a 3 night cruise so I think it'll be nice to have everyone in together. That set up looks fine.

With those ages, you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

On our first cruise, we did the mini suite. My kids were 9 and 8. Starting the following year we did a balcony and an inside. It think it was always cheaper, but the big thing was the extra bathroom. What we also did was bought walkie-talkies that had an intercom feature and set one up in the kids room at night, just in case there were any issues (sea sickness, etc).

Order foam toppers for the Pullman and sofa bed.

The last Pullman I had on Princess was ticked with plastic tag hangars. Sis had a sofa bed whose mattress was so thin a towel would have been thicker (slight exaggeration, but not by much)

Order foam toppers for the Pullman and sofa bed.

The last Pullman I had on Princess was ticked with plastic tag hangars. Sis had a sofa bed whose mattress was so thin a towel would have been thicker (slight exaggeration, but not by much)

We cruised a few months ago in a mini with my son on the pull out sofa & yes the mattress is pretty thin.

How do you order the foam topper? Room Steward?

Many thanks - I didnt know you could get the topper & it will make our next cruise better :D