Lodgings with shuttles to both FLL and P. Everglades

SpokaneDan

Hi, yet another question about lodging. Family of 4, one night stay pre cruise (Dec. 16th), want clean comfortable room/suite, and shuttles if possible, no other requirement. I read about Rodeway Inn, but still looking due to its poor reviews. TIA

The common recommendation on this board is to check sunny.org. That is a website that lists the hotels in the Ft Lauderdale area, and their amenities, including shuttles.

More reading on the board would find the also common recommendation not to focus on free shuttles, as taxis are plentiful and cheap. You could easily spent less than $30 on taxis total. Including tips.

Bruce, thanks for your input, Sunny.org is indeed an excellent resource. I found a page from the site that is very helpful to me. It shows distance to port, and availability of shuttles to/fro the Port and FLL.

[url]http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/[/url]

Unfortunately, lodgings with complimentary shuttles to FLL and Port don't have the best reviews. With good taxi option, I will emphasize on decent a hotel room rather than free shuttles. Thanks

not sure of your budget
we stayed at Hyatt Place 17th st
Free airport shuttle
shuttle to Port Everglades is $7 pp or a taxi cost us $11 + tip per car

hotel was clean & comfortable complimentary breakfast
shops nearby

Hyatt Place 17th ave was a great location but if you have a car there may be other locations cheaper
we stayed at Cambria Suites last year ..very nice but no free breakfast but they did have a small buffet breakfast for a fee
just depends on rates for your time frame & parking of course

enjoy

[quote name='LHT28']Hyatt Place 17th ave was a great location but if you have a car there may be other locations cheaper
we stayed at Cambria Suites last year ..very nice but no free breakfast but they did have a small buffet breakfast for a fee
just depends on rates for your time frame & parking of course

enjoy[/QUOTE]

OP is from Spokane and is asking about shuttles. I am not smelling a parking issue.

[quote name='SpokaneDan']LHT, thanks for the recommendation, I was looking at Comfort Suites, but Hyatt maybe better with similar price.[/QUOTE]

Book Hyatt Place at valuetrips.Com for probably a better rate than thru the hotel.;)

[quote name='CruiserBruce']OP is from Spokane and is asking about shuttles. I am not smelling a parking issue.[/quote]
OOPS yes you are right :o
there was another thread I was reading that was talking about parking

eandj: thanks for the tip. I check the price from your website vs. hotel's. For our date, hotel's was better (with AAA discount). In the end, we are picking Comfort Suites, b/c Hyatt's (their room looks nicer) airport shuttle stops at 11pm. We arrive at 10:30pm and has to pick up luggage.

LHT and Bruce: thanks as always, I wish we could drive to Florida. The airfares are steep during holidays.