refund? or credit voucher? or switching ships? We don't want this cruise

styxfire

To reiterate:

I made a mistake.

I now have buyers remorse and would prefer to switch ships.

No response from T.A. Started leaving msgs on Tuesday night, it's now Saturday. Sent email inquiry to Carnival Cruise line on Fri. No response yet.

Haven't yet been able to find the refund/voucher policy. 42 days until sailing.

I'm not a victim. I'm a consumer who found out something and wants to get off the ship onto another ship. Posted here for info, not insults.

To reiterate:

I made a mistake.

No response from T.A. Started leaving msgs on Tuesday night, it's now Saturday. Sent email inquiry to Carnival Cruise line on Fri. No response yet.

I'm not a victim. I'm a consumer who found out something and wants to get off the ship onto another ship. Posted here for info, not insults.

Unless you are willing to lose a lot of money, I wouldn't switch ships. It's gonna cost you big time. And at this point you need to call Carnival directly and ask for assistance because you have a TA that hasn't been available in almost a week and you need immediate assistance.

Is this a one man/woman operation or a bigger company? There's nobody else available to help you? If not, forget email. I would be on the phone with Carnival right now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

To reiterate:

I made a mistake.

You agent is independent? Not with an agency? IF with an agency, why wouldn't you just talk to the manager- someone would be handling the business. Are you calling or just emailing? No guarantees on emails going through.

IF this is an independent agent and they aren't being contacted, then CALL Carnival.

What you are requesting is unreasonable. They aren't likely going to allow you to change ships- UNLESS, you accept the cancellation penalty at this point. Thinking you can just "switch" because you want to, isn't likely to happen.

I would think- you were never lead to believe there was a T pool by anyone except your assuming there was one. So, no one elses fault that would be cause for any "exceptions" to be made in your case. You state the room is small- if you don't want any money loss, then the best change you can make at this point would be to pay for another room. As already mentioned, do some fake bookings and see what else you can move to.

A rare alternative- if they were to allow a change would be to pick a ship that is wide open with bookings, has discounted prices and isn't selling well. Again, search around so you know this information.

To reiterate:

I made a mistake.

OP, I sympathize with you.

While you didn't really do your research, it's obviously a huge disappointment for you.

Are you willing to pay thousands to change to another ship?

I have not been on the Sunshine, however, have read plenty of reviews and have seen TONS of pictures.

She has an AMAZING Serenity area with the waterfall.

I agree with the above poster. Call the travel agency and ask for a manager.

That is absolutely RIDICULOUS that you called Tuesday night and still have not heard back.

I hope this works out for you, somehow.

Please keep us updated as to how you make out.

Good Luck!!!!:D:D

FiremanBobsWife:

I found something on CruiseCritic that confirms what you said:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/v-9/articles.cfm?ID=1448

For All Other Cruises of Six Nights or Longer

75-56 days: deposit

55-30 days: 50 percent

29-15 days: 75 percent

14 days or less: 100 percent

So it looks like 50% loss. I haven't been able to confirm that on the Carnival website yet.

CruizinIsTheBest: I called Carnival just now. They can't access my reservation because it's through a T.A. They suggested looking for a national hotline phone# for that travel agency, since it's a weekend. The Carnival agent couldn't speculate on the refund policy because she said it all depends on the promotion you book under.

Yes, I would hate to lose 50%. I need to weigh some options carefully, and it's just so hard when I don't know exactly what the options are.

By the way, the travel agency had some high accolades when I originally booked, but truly I chose them based on lowest price. I also booked w/ them on a European cruise for next year. Based on this week, I'm inclined to cancel both cruises. If I can't even reach them for a routine Caribbean cruise, what would happen if I had a true need to reach them when far away in Europe and they won't respond?

To reiterate:

I made a mistake.

Ignore the holier than thou responders. I think it is pretty clear you know you made a mistake, and are looking for advice how to improve the situation.

I would CALL Carnival. Ask them if you can transfer the booking to them given that you have a non-responsive TA. And then hope you can "upgrade" to a different room that meets your hopes/needs better.

(Are you sure that the spa cabin is actually smaller? Some others have posted that it may not be...)

FiremanBobsWife:

So it looks like 50% loss. I haven't been able to confirm that on the Carnival website yet.

CruizinIsTheBest: I called Carnival just now. They can't access my reservation because it's through a T.A. They suggested looking for a national hotline phone# for that travel agency, since it's a weekend. The Carnival agent couldn't speculate on the refund policy because she said it all depends on the promotion you book under.

Yes, I would hate to lose 50%. I need to weigh some options carefully, and it's just so hard when I don't know exactly what the options are.

By the way, the travel agency had some high accolades when I originally booked, but truly I chose them based on lowest price. I also booked w/ them on a European cruise for next year. Based on this week, I'm inclined to cancel both cruises. If I can't even reach them for a routine Caribbean cruise, what would happen if I had a true need to reach them when far away in Europe and they won't respond?

YIKES! I would cancel and rebook that European cruise.

I think over time I've concluded that booking with the cruiseline is the way to go, even if it cost a couple of hundred more. (Any more than that, I'd probably go with the agent... although after this thread, maybe not!)

Can you post the agency so we can all avoid it?! I think you can't post it with .com but maybe enough so folks can tell?

FiremanBobsWife:

I took my info right from the Carnival website. Here is the link:

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

Edited by firemanbobswife

I'm sorry your in this situation. We had a similar experience... we booked a cruise last week for January on the Paradise. It was a five day, inexpensive cruise and we asked my elderly parents to come with us. It NEVER occurred to me that early dining wouldn't be an option. Maybe I should have considered it, but I didn't. I found out at the very end of the phone call booking the two cabins with Carnival. I decided to book anyway figuring we were planning on 1 night in the steakhouse anyway, we'll add another night, eat in Cozumel one night, and eat in the Lido the other two! Well... again, never occurred to me... Paradise doesn't have a steakhouse!!! I was disappointed but QUICKLY decided I did what I could by putting my name on the waiting list for early dining. Now I'm focusing on the other positive aspects of the cruise and have decided not to let that disappointment ruin this vacation. Sometimes you can focus so hard on changing something that it becomes such a personal cause. Then you can't stop focusing on that negative. Just think, you could have been on a ship with the pool and the pool could have been closed due to maintenance issue. I hope you find peace with your purchase and go and have a great vacation despite the lack of the spa pool!

FiremanBobsWife:

I don't know why the agent couldn't confirm the cancellation policy as it is universal once final payment date has been reached. Geesh. Is this TA closed on the weekends? I don't think the Carnival rep was very helpful. What if the TA doesn't have a national hotline?

I made a mistake in reserving a room on Sunshine. Have learned it doesn't have the amenities we anticipated when we reserved it.

There it is, right above. OP made a boo-boo, and did not do their homework. Don't blame the TA, unless you can prove the TA told you something that was not true and, you can prove this, and do not expect the news media to help you. Suck it up, and either take the cruise, or pay the cost to change it.

Lesson learned.

At this point, you're best option is to take the cruise. Try to enjoy yourselves, and chalk the situation up to being a life lesson.

I really believe it it up to us, the consumer, to be aware of what we are purchasing, the terms and conditions of the purchase, and any details which could be deal-breakers of the purchase.

I don't know why the agent couldn't confirm the cancellation policy as it is universal once final payment date has been reached. Geesh. Is this TA closed on the weekends? I don't think the Carnival rep was very helpful. What if the TA doesn't have a national hotline?

I believe it's because some travel agencies impose additional change/cancel fees in addition to what Carnival imposes. This is notorious specially with some TA's that lure guests with discounts and promotions, but then they nail them if they try to make the smallest change or inquiry. To avoid further misunderstandings (or a "he said, she said, but that's not what they told me , they lied" kind of situation), Carnival agents are not allowed to disclose this kind of information to guests who have made their reservation through a TA. They are allowed to give general information that is not specific to the reservation though.

Edited by Tapi

I am not sure where OP heard that their interior cabin is smaller than

the other interior cabins. On carnivals web site it list the Cloud 9 spa

interior cabin category 4s as being 185 sq. ft. I have a carnival pvp and

I have his ext. I have been dealing with him for five years now and he

is great. I agree that when you just call carnival and talk to just anyone

you can get wrong answers. You need to find one and stick with that one

for every cruise you book. If I was OP I would get rid of that TA as soon

as I could pick up the phone. Just pay the upgrade and move to another

cabin. HAPPY SAILING!!!

To reiterate:

I made a mistake.

What is your sailing date and what cabin number do you currently have booked? I can see what some options are for you.

Looks like this may be an exaggeration. According to this post you just figured it out 17 hours ago. The TA probably doesn't work on the weekend. I wouldn't blame people just because you didn't do any research before you booked.

Sunshine Cloud 9 inside cabin http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2249322

What you paid for a SPA interior should certainly get you an Ocean view and with a little less a Balcony.

We were on the Sunshine in June and are going back again for Christmas. I have read the Daily Schedules for the Christmas week. If you think there are no Christmas activities, you are misinformed.

AND while we don't use it........The Adults only Sanctuary is the prettiest one I have seen. They have a pool. A water fall. Lovely

why not that?

If it is the Very Top Giant agency online which no speaks their name

I use them. have a guy I liked a lot. He booked a cruise for me on RCI a month ago. I have a PVP on Carnival that is tops. And on Princess, I book myself.

But I had ONE who did not want to be bothered. We were booked and I needed a cabin for my daughters family and Zilch. I waiting until she was off duty and called the number for the Supervisor. Booked the cabin.

That works. A cabin change to a pleasant cabin should be doable.

And again....The SANCTUARY on SUNSHINE.............do some research on that. THAT pool is adults only. And you are headed to the Southern Caribbean.

Edited by AmberTeka

Looks like this may be an exaggeration. According to this post you just figured it out 17 hours ago.
Don't slander people out of your own ignorance. Had you read the original post more thoroughly, you would've realized I already said I had previously contacted the agent. Please refer to post #1. That contact was Tue evening, attempting to upgrade. Still unresolved after emails Wed & Thur. Fri I emailed with different request, wanting to quit reservation. Another 2 phone calls Saturday. No contact.

I wouldn't blame people just because you didn't do any research before you booked.
I think your own post demonstrates how very adept YOU ARE at blaming.

1. I put significant time into researching my cruise,... yet YOU STATE I didn't do any research.

2. I've never blamed anyone in my posts,... yet you insinuate I have blamed "people".

Please read carefully before you attempt to belittle. Do you have any information to answer my original post #1?

I am posting my experience here so that others may use this situation to better their own experiences. If you have experience cancelling a cruise, please share, otherwise, please don't.

Edited by styxfire

I put significant time into researching my cruise

My question is, if you put in significant time researching your cruise, how did you not get an answer on something that would make you want to cancel. Doesn't jive well with common sense.

Don't slander people out of your own ignorance. Had you read the original post more thoroughly, you would've realized I already said I had previously contacted the agent. Please refer to post #1. That contact was Tue evening, attempting to upgrade. Still unresolved after emails Wed & Thur. Fri I emailed with different request, wanting to quit reservation. Another 2 phone calls Saturday. No contact.

I think your own post demonstrates how very adept YOU ARE at blaming.

1. I put significant time into researching my cruise,... yet YOU STATE I didn't do any research.

2. I've never blamed anyone in my posts,... yet you insinuate I have blamed "people".

Please read carefully before you attempt to belittle. Do you have any information to answer my original post #1?

I am posting my experience here so that others may use this situation to better their own experiences. If you have experience cancelling a cruise, please share, otherwise, please don't.

ImageUploadedByForums1446943010.052484.jpg.2b66bd69ac40699c5e1394730af6af76.jpg

I wasn't referring to your original post on this thread. 18 hours ago on another thread (see picture) you just realized that there was no t-pool. That was last night, not Tuesday. If that was so important to you that you'd cancel over it then you did not research what was important to you. It is not the TAs fault.