Royal Ports Vs Other cruise lines

Ok,

So this is a bit of a quest for knowledge for me. I have read in many peoples posts that one of the reasons they try other cruise lines is so that they can visit different ports.

My question is, with the exception of the oasis class ships whose ports are limited based on their size. For the most part isn't it the same ports for all cruise line? Certainly we see many other cruise lines in the same ports when Royal is there. What am I missing?

Ok,

So this is a bit of a quest for knowledge for me. I have read in many peoples posts that one of the reasons they try other cruise lines is so that they can visit different ports.

My question is, with the exception of the oasis class ships whose ports are limited based on their size. For the most part isn't it the same ports for all cruise line? Certainly we see many other cruise lines in the same ports when Royal is there. What am I missing?

There are several ports where the cruise line has paid fees to develop the dock and port area thus getting them exclusivity. One that comes to mind is Carnivals development of Turks and Caicos.

Also certain cruise lines don't sail to all areas like Royal no longer sailing the West Coast.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Things may have changed since but we sailed Princess to Alaska because they had permits to go where Royal couldn't. As far as the Caribbean is concerned and others will probably disagree, for us the islands begin to meld together. We don't really see much of a difference other than the names. We're from the northeast so our favorite vacation is warm weather and cruising. Right now we're cruising more for the warmth, the ships, and being at sea.

Ok,

My question is, with the exception of the oasis class ships whose ports are limited based on their size. For the most part isn't it the same ports for all cruise line? Certainly we see many other cruise lines in hat the same ports when Royal is there. What am I missing?

You are missing all of the ports that RCI does not go to. To many to list but I recently completed a 30 day Seattle to Singapore Transpacific that stopped at quite a few ports that RCI has never stopped at. Edited by FLACRUISER99