Meal with an Officer?

rt1092

We were just off Oasis today and had lunch with an officer. Yes, it was a fixed menu, but very special, with French Onion Soup and a nice piece of steak.

I doubt if your menu which included shrimp and a filet was the regular menu from the dining room.

By fixed menu, I meant that there were 4 courses offered on the menu, all with the same selections. Same appetizer, soup, entree and dessert for all. I did not mean it was the regular MDR lunch menu.

It was a delicious meal both weeks. We were with Julie from marketing/revenue. Who was your officer? Julie joined us later in the week in the lounge.

By fixed menu, I meant that there were 4 courses offered on the menu, all with the same selections. Same appetizer, soup, entree and dessert for all. I did not mean it was the regular MDR lunch menu.

It was a delicious meal both weeks. We were with Julie from marketing/revenue. Who was your officer? Julie joined us later in the week in the lounge.

We enjoyed the company of the Operations Officer

We just got off the Mariner last Thursday. There was no meal with an officer. We did receive an invitation to the Captain’s Table which was very nice. :)

I do not think it should have counted as the meal with the officer. When we asked the concierge if there was going to be a meal with an officer, he acted like he had never heard of this perk. He said he would inform the Loyalty Ambassador about the meal inquiry, but, we never heard from him.:(

This was our 3rd cruise with RCL sailing out of Asia. It seems like RCL in Asia is not RCL, it is RCL Asia, LLC and they do whatever they want to!!

I agree that the perks and benefits should be the same fleet wide no matter where RCL sails.:)

I don't mean to be contrary but an invitation to the Captain's table is a meal with an officer.

It used to be that the wording for this perk was dining with the Captain but then so many people have over 340 points that they changed the wording to "meal with an officer".

We have had all the described permutations of meal with an officer and have enjoyed every one. It is great to chat with the Captain and just as wonderful to learn more about the theater stuff from a dancer/airialist(sp)!!

On our Serenada Norway cruise in June, our 340 point meal with an officer was the standard Captains Table experience - but without the captain! It was for dinner in the MDR with two junior officers, drinks beforehand in the Champaign Lounge, dinner at the Captain's Table, unlimited wine, and a photo of the table.

It was on a casual night - very nice set menu. Best meal we've ever had on a cruise ship!

Navigator and Explorer (maybe others) had the wonderful dinner for those in Suites. It was held in one section of the WJ. Nice with tablecloths. I was sorry to see it go although the Suites luncheon on NV is done well. Anybody know about Liberty???

We also had the suite dinner with officers in 2014, Captain was also there really great dinner ( on Navigator) , this year same ship it was a lunch and not as nice.

We also had the suite dinner with officers in 2014, Captain was also there really great dinner ( on Navigator) , this year same ship it was a lunch and not as nice.

In September on NV, the new HD, Silvio, did the very nice dinner in WJ for the Meal with an Officer. Excellent buffet and we had many officers welcome us, including the Captain. He didn't stay for dinner but many officers did. I hope they continue it when she sails out if FLL.

This what they did for the Suites when Robert was the HD. The Suites luncheon they have had recently sure beats the cocktail party they used to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana