Meal with an Officer?

rt1092

When we got to 340 points we were invited to "a meal with an officer" It was on the Freedom It was breakfast which was absolutely great. The menu had a "chateau briand" And it was a piece of filet mignon, with and egg on top.

Since then we have attended 2 other breakfasts (one on the Freedom a month after the first. And the menu had steak and eggs. A minute steak with the eggs on top.

Just wondering if the Chateau briand is offered any more? It was the best breakfast I've ever had on a cruise.

We just had breakfast with officer last month on Freedom. From the menu, it states Steak and Eggs: A hand cut minute steak grilled to your liking, served with choice of fried egg, Royal bacon baked potatoes and asparagus. I normally have the ham and cheese omelet, which is delicious.

On Navigator in August, we had lunch with officer, and were not given a special menu. We were seated away from most other guests in the main dining room, but same menu as everyone else had. It was somewhat disappointing after having been on many other ships with special menus for breakfast or lunch.

Recently, on the Navigator of the Seas, we have enjoyed a special dinner buffet, dining with an officer. It was held in a closed section of the WJ, and included specialty items from the different specialty restaurants.

Some of the best food that I have enjoyed!!:)

Rick

Recently, on the Navigator of the Seas, we have enjoyed a special dinner buffet, dining with an officer. It was held in a closed section of the WJ, and included specialty items from the different specialty restaurants.

Rick

Yes,the dinner on Navigator was very nice. I'll be in Liberty for the first time next week. I wonder what they do for the Meal with a Officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rick

Yes,the dinner on Navigator was very nice. I'll be in Liberty for the first time next week. I wonder what they do for the Meal with a Officer.

That sounds nice; we should have been on your cruise.:) We did enjoy lunch and seeing an officer we had cruised with on Freedom several times, who had moved to Navigator, but didn't seem very specialized having my same tutti salad.;)

We were extended a very nice invitation by the Concierge on the Indy last week. for a Brunch at Chops and most of the officers were in attendance. The couple we were sailing with are D+ and had a GS assisted with the invite. It was a wonderful spread buffet style, a great meal, nice setting and with enjoyable company. But to my knowledge, the officers did not sit with everyone and just attended in a pre-seating meet & greet. It was really nice, but I'm not sure this would qualify as a meal w/ an officer.

We were extended a very nice invitation by the Concierge on the Indy last week. for a Brunch at Chops and most of the officers were in attendance. The couple we were sailing with are D+ and had a GS assisted with the invite. It was a wonderful spread buffet style, a great meal, nice setting and with enjoyable company. But to my knowledge, the officers did not sit with everyone and just attended in a pre-seating meet & greet. It was really nice, but I'm not sure this would qualify as a meal w/ an officer.

This sounds like the Suites Luncheon which is also very nice.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Rick

I had the opportunity to attend a similar event on the Explorer a few years back. Hands down the best meal I have enjoyed on any RC ship to date. The buffet was all you could eat lobster and filet mignon - my mouth is still watering......

Just did a b2b on the Oasis. We had lunch for the meal with an officer in the MDR. The only thing that made it lunch was the timing. The meal was a fixed menu that included shrimp, a filet and all the wine you could want. We sat with the head of housekeeping the first week and the head of revenue and marketing the next. We thought the filets were better prepared than Chops or Giovannis filets. They were huge lunches, I was still so full I only had appetizers for dinner.

Just did a b2b on the Oasis. We had lunch for the meal with an officer in the MDR. The only thing that made it lunch was the timing. The meal was a fixed menu that included shrimp, a filet and all the wine you could want.

We were just off Oasis today and had lunch with an officer. Yes, it was a fixed menu, but very special, with French Onion Soup and a nice piece of steak.

I doubt if your menu which included shrimp and a filet was the regular menu from the dining room.

We were just off Oasis today and had lunch with an officer. Yes, it was a fixed menu, but very special, with French Onion Soup and a nice piece of steak.

I doubt if your menu which included shrimp and a filet was the regular menu from the dining room.

Navigator and Explorer (maybe others) had the wonderful dinner for those in Suites. It was held in one section of the WJ. Nice with tablecloths. I was sorry to see it go although the Suites luncheon on NV is done well. Anybody know about Liberty???

I had the opportunity to attend a similar event on the Explorer a few years back. Hands down the best meal I have enjoyed on any RC ship to date. The buffet was all you could eat lobster and filet mignon - my mouth is still watering......

From everything that I have read, it seems that different ships offer different "dining with an officer." For us, the Navigator of late, has come out with a mouth watering buffet, and if you want, a steak cooked to order.

Just when I think that Royal Caribbean is taking something away from me, they give me something new!!

Two thumbs up!!:D:)

Rick

OK, I have to ask what is the special dressing?

Well, they don't understand that I don't want their gloppy dressings full of mystery ingredients.

I carry my own small jar. Into it I put some olive oil, a lot of balsamic vinegar, and some good mustard. Shake and pour.

They REALLY don't want to hand over those bottles of oil and vinegar at the Tutti Salad Bar!

(I apologize that it's not a more fascinating tale than that! ;) )

Edited by Merion_Mom

From everything that I have read, it seems that different ships offer different "dining with an officer." For us, the Navigator of late, has come out with a mouth watering buffet, and if you want, a steak cooked to order.

Just when I think that Royal Caribbean is taking something away from me, they give me something new!!

Rick

By the time I get there it'll probably be cold rubbery chicken and soggy vegetables. :D

Rick

I wonder why it varies so much from ship to ship? I think maybe the Hotel Director and the Concierge are responsible for organizing it, so it could very well depend on them?

I wonder why it varies so much from ship to ship? I think maybe the Hotel Director and the Concierge are responsible for organizing it, so it could very well depend on them?

On some ships, it may be the Loyalty Ambassador or Guest Services Manager

Rick

Since I will be back on the Navigator for my first time since her renovation at the end of this month, this is good news.

Thanks, Rick!

:)

On some ships, it may be the Loyalty Ambassador or Guest Services Manager

Yes, it very well could be.

I just wish all ships would do the same. I've been on the Freedom several times as a D+ and sailing in a full suite, and there has never been anything special :rolleyes: which actually surprises me....

On Liberty in July, It was Breakfast with an Officer in Chops, with the standard Gold Card breakfast menu. We were expecting others, but it was just the 2 of us with the Financial Officer and the Asst Guest Services Mgr.