Coral Princess dining questions

cafelovercanada

We are cruising next June NB in Alaska with our family (total of 7). I was advised by our TA to go Anytime Dining as he indicated we would have no problems being seated together when we want to eat. My questions are:

How do we know which DR to go each night?

What do we do on formal nights?

What do we do if we want to dine in a specialty restaurant one night?

Would it complicate anything if we decide to change to Traditional Dining now before we cruise?

On our first and only cruise with Celebrity, we chose AT dining (only 2 of is then) and we didn't have an issue as DH was seasick the entire cruise and I ate at the buffet myself every night :(

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

We are cruising next June NB in Alaska with our family (total of 7). I was advised by our TA to go Anytime Dining as he indicated we would have no problems being seated together when we want to eat. My questions are:

I don't agree with your T.A. regarding 'no problems'. The larger the group, the more difficult it is for the head waiter to seat you.

How do we know which DR to go each night?

On the Coral, there are two MRD's. The Bordeaux DR, deck 5, is used for ATD. Typically one section of the Bordeaux DR is used for 5:30 traditional dining so only about half the DR is available for early ATD. After 7:30 the entire DR is available.

What do we do on formal nights?

ATD dress is the same as Traditional Dining dress. The menu is also the same.

What do we do if we want to dine in a specialty restaurant one night?

Call the DINE line or visit the DR and make a reservation for whatever evening you wish. Call early as popular times and days can fill up. Dress in the specialty DR's is smart casual all the time.

Would it complicate anything if we decide to change to Traditional Dining now before we cruise?

Personally with a group of 7 I would change to traditional dining. There shouldn't be any issues 7 or 8 months in advance. If you plan to go to a specialty restaurant one evening just inform your waiter. Make sure all your bookings are linked together.

On our first and only cruise with Celebrity, we chose AT dining (only 2 of is then) and we didn't have an issue as DH was seasick the entire cruise and I ate at the buffet myself every night :(

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

See Above

Edited by sknight

Anytime dining is like going to a popular restaurant at home at peak dining times. As said above, a large group (there aren't as many tables for eight) will wait a lot longer for a table.

I'd question the TA's knowledge of cruising on Princess as they have given you poor advice.

Edited by Pam in CA