Why keep cruiseing with Carnival??

terratrac

. The old saying goes the worst day on a cruise beats the best day at work.

Which means that whoever says it either has a really crappy job, or has never truly had a bad day on a cruise. 🙃

Every time I read a post about set backs it upsets me. We need to realize that port charges go up, gas prices go up, the price of products and food are always going up, the wages they have to pay employees is going up yet we want the prices to remain the SAME. This results in cut backs and it's not only carnival read what people are saying on other cruise line boards. I rather have my cruise price remain the same and only once a day service! No pillow chocolates on my pillow, and no free cards these things do not make or break a cruise for me but the PRICE can and will.

Edited by amberxob

People often believe that they are getting the best bargain on a Carnival Cruise but in reality, they are removing the services, food, and entertainment that once made Carnival a great choice. Price wise, you can get on other cruise lines for the same or possibly slight more than on Carnival. So if you pay an extra $100 per person on a 7 day cruise, and get better entertainment, food, and service. A "bargain" is getting the level of service for an affordable price. Getting the cheapest is not always a bargain and Carnival is the cheapest cruise line, in both price and services.

Except that it is your opinion that service, food and entertainment have gone downhill. To others is hasn't (at least not in a major way). Carnival is still the "bargain" it has always been.

P.S.: Forgot to mention where Carnival used to have the best and brightest ships, they no longer can compare to RCCL, and NCL.

I recently sailed on 2 NCL ships. Carnival beats NCL in almost every way possible. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

When planning my 3rd cruise, 2 previous on Carnival, I didn't care what line we went on, I actually was hoping to try a new line. I did a lot of research and Carnival was the cheapest by FAR!!!

I KNOW I love Carnival, so why pay a lot more to try a new line??? If the day ever comes that I can take more then one cruise every 3 years, I would love to try a different line. Or maybe once I've been on about 10, I might want to try something else..

I guess I am very easy to please, maybe because I have been pretty poor all my life, but I love the food in the MDR. I have never eaten at fancy restaurants, so I have nothing to compare it to, so to me its delicious!! I love being able to try things I have never had before.

I enjoy every moment on my cruise!! Im happy and excited like a kid in a candy store.. So not having chocolate on my pillow, which I love by the way, is not going to take away from the fact, THAT I'M ON A CRUISE!!!

Unless you're on the Titanic, how can you have a really bad day on a cruise?

Thankfully I haven't had any "Titanic style" bad cruise days, but I've had a handful that I don't want to relive. The most recent was 2 years ago when I got bad food poisoning with something that I ate at the buffet the night before. It was so bad that it was crippling, running back and forth to you know where and feeling like certain death was near. Believe me, I'll take a normal day at work than that bad day on a cruise. It was absolutely miserable and It sucked because I spent the rest of the cruise being hyper vigilant and a bit grossed out at everything I ate.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky few that happens to have a really cool, absolutely awesome job that I love to go to every single day, and that's why it's easier for me to refute the "bad day on a cruise/good day at work" saying.

With no ice w/o asking for it, possibly no nightly turn down, and now no over the door thingie I won't be averse to other lines. I have a Holland cruise in a few weeks. Cruising since the 70's on Carnival 25 times I've seen the decline in many aspects and while the price if right, I'd prefer better shows, better food and some darn ice.

Odd analogy. You don't need to be in a burning or collapsing building to have a bad day on land.

True. A multi car crash or being shot or stabbed could cause one to have a bad day on land as well. But, we were talking about cruising, weren't we and that's what it would take for me to consider it a bad day on a cruise. :rolleyes:

Edited by Who Cares?

True. A multi car crash or being shot or stabbed could cause one to have a bad day on land as well. But, we were talking about cruising, weren't we and that's what it would take for me to consider it a bad day on a cruise. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight. You'd prefer a bad day (and by your own definition, the equivalent of a multi car crash, or being shot or stabbed) on a cruise than to have a good day at work?! What kind of job do you have?? [emoji379][emoji380]☠

Edited by Tapi

Unless you're on the Titanic, how can you have a really bad day on a cruise?

I agree. I've had what could possibly be considered bad days.

Been through a tropical storm off the coast of Maine so I couldn't use my veranda.

I've come down with a bad cold on a couple of cruises.

The storm wasn't the fault of the ship or cruise line. We took our Bonine and enjoyed indoor activities.

The colds? I always pack the appropriate medicine just in case, and I was able to sit out in the sun, drink plenty of tea and lemonade, and eat whatever felt right. Much better than trying to cope at home (or work).

Every time I read a post about set backs it upsets me. We need to realize that port charges go up, gas prices go up, the price of products and food are always going up, the wages they have to pay employees is going up yet we want the prices to remain the SAME. This results in cut backs and it's not only carnival read what people are saying on other cruise line boards. I rather have my cruise price remain the same and only once a day service! No pillow chocolates on my pillow, and no free cards these things do not make or break a cruise for me but the PRICE can and will.

Or raise the price. I'd rather pay more and keep the things that make cruising special. With all the cruisers, the price won't jump crazy. If you can't take a small bump in price, you shouldn't be cruising to begin with.

I'm revisiting this thread because my husband told me I get to pick the next cruise. Any line, anywhere I want to go. I'm the thrifty one, so I know overseas is out.

Last night I was looking at HAL, Princess, Royal and NCL. Then I'd go back and look at Carnival. Carnival has become like a favorite pair of slippers.

One thing I know, on Carnival you can really dress down and this is something DH appreciates. I wear sweatshirts and steel-toed boots to work and he wears slacks and sport shirts. He loves wearing his shorts all day and even into the dining room. He couldn't do that on our last Royal cruise nor on the Princess cruises we took. This meant more clothes to pack and changing for dinner.

On Carnival, he can dress down and I can dress up and we both fit in. So, even though I can try Celebrity or Oceania if I want to, I keep thinking about how relaxing and FUN Carnival is.

We've been on 4 Princess trips and they are just as casual as Carnival with better food and entertainment.

So let me get this straight. You'd prefer a bad day (and by your own definition, the equivalent of a multi car crash, or being shot or stabbed) on a cruise than to have a good day at work?! What kind of job do you have?? [emoji379][emoji380]☠

Maybe at the end of the parade, following the elephants, with shovel and pail.

Still better than getting shot.

Or raise the price. I'd rather pay more and keep the things that make cruising special. With all the cruisers, the price won't jump crazy. If you can't take a small bump in price, you shouldn't be cruising to begin with.

IIRC the last time we were on the Pride it cost $1400 for a balcony. In my example above the same balcony cost $1900 (vs $3300 on NCL). So it looks like they have raised the price. We cruise to visit ports, spend time at sea and to spend time together with acceptable food and entertainment.

Then sail other lines and you'll be paying more. And you may or may not get to keep the things that make cruising special......to you.

What you don't seem to understand is that many people do have the ability to take a small bump in price but simply are too thrifty to want to. No one every got rich by throwing all their money away.

I work in a school. :eek:

I just priced a cruise for April 2017. Out of New York on the Breakaway with NCL on a Bahamas itinerary it was $3300 for a mid-ship balcony. Out of Baltimore on the Pride with CCL it was $1900 for a mid-ship balcony. (RCCL was in the $2600 range). That's enough reason for me to continue sail with CCL.:)

(Our trip on the Fascination for next year was $800 less than a comparable cruise with NCL.)

I've been on the Breakaway. It's a far nicer ship than anything Carnival has, with more entertainment options, more dining options (the buffet is SO much better than Carnival's excuse for one), and a wonderful spa. It's worth the extra money, IMO. That said, I wouldn't even entertain the notion of doing a Bahamas itinerary on the Breakaway, as no Bahamas cruise should ever be expensive. The Bermuda itinerary, though, is worth the extra money.

I've been on the Breakaway. It's a far nicer ship than anything Carnival has, with more entertainment options, more dining options (the buffet is SO much better than Carnival's excuse for one), and a wonderful spa. It's worth the extra money, IMO. That said, I wouldn't even entertain the notion of doing a Bahamas itinerary on the Breakaway, as no Bahamas cruise should ever be expensive. The Bermuda itinerary, though, is worth the extra money.

Yes, there are people that will pay that difference to sail on the Breakaway. I am not one of them though. All of those extras really mean nothing to me and I'm really not in a hurry to sail on any of the super-cruise ships. Heck, I chose the Fascination over the Gem because it was $800 less. Of course if the Breakaway were closer in price I might consider it (DW doesn't have the same aversion to big ships that I have :o) but a $1400 difference? No thanks.

Yes, there are people that will pay that difference to sail on the Breakaway. I am not one of them though. All of those extras really mean nothing to me and I'm really not in a hurry to sail on any of the super-cruise ships.

Agreed. Personally, I'd rather cruise on a smaller, older ship-like ship than a brand new floating amusement park. But then, we cruise for ports rather than for what the ship has to offer, anyway.

I doubt I'd even notice if they did away with the pools, to be honest. I think I may have dangled my feet in one on my very first cruise in about '86. Since then? They are obstacles on my way to the buffet.

Edited by srlafleur