Why keep cruiseing with Carnival??

terratrac

Why should you have to upgrade? They should serve a quality steak to begin with.

Not when your cruise fare is, in many cases, less than the cost of a stay at a Holiday Inn.

You know, I'm getting ready for my first ever cruise in February. I chose Carnival because it's all I can afford, and I plan to have a good time. I won't care about what may or may not have been offered before. I won't care about what color anyone's S&S card is. I will go, relax, have fun, eat too much, drink a bit, and enjoy a week away with my wife without cooking, cleaning, or keeping track of the kids. In future, If I get the opportunity to cruise again, my guess is that it will be on Carnival again, for the same reason it is Carnival this time. Some of us don't get the opportunity to cruise multiple times a year. For those who can, great, I'm happy for you. Me, I'm happy to get to do it once, and will enjoy it accordingly.

I only book balcony rooms, peak season so I shell out 3-4 thousand dollars a cruise.

Yikes, for that amount of money, you can bet I would NOT be sailing on Carnival. Heck, our cruise to Alaska on Holland America in a balcony room for a family of 4 was less than that including taxes and gratuities, and we had OBC!

When I choose Carnival, it's because the prices are more along the lines of $50 pp/pd for an oceanview stateroom. Like for our upcoming Eastern Caribbean summer 2016 cruise. We are spending less than half of what you're spending for our family of 4. And I definitely don't expect prime steaks for that price. 🌭[emoji487]

You ask "Why?" I ask "Why not?"

I cruise for the itinerary and the price. Period. If a cruise line, any cruise line is going where I want to go, when I want to go, for a price I want to pay, they'll get my business.

As far as cutbacks are concerned, I haven't found myself impacted by them. I'm happy with what I get. What I don't get, I don't miss.

I don't cruise for any loyalty benefits, so if they are cut back, it doesn't bother me. Unlike some people, I couldn't tell you how many days or cruises I have until I reach my next loyalty level. I can't even tell you what level I'm at currently.

I have only cruised Carnival and will continue to until other lines start sailing out of New Orleans. NCL'S few iteneraries are the same as Carnival but they are more expensive. So, for the price I stick with Carnival. When I tire of the iteneraries out of NO, and want to travel to Florida for my cruises I will definitely shop around.

The cutbacks don't bother me at all. When I stay in a hotel I only ask for cleaning service once a week. So once a day on the ship is fine with me.

To add to the food conversation... we eat only organic at home. So, food is never as good when we go out to eat. Which is why we seldom do. When we do go out we eat foods that I don't cook at home like sushi, steak, mexican, or cajun. I never have high hopes for food quality or taste when on a cruise. That way I'm surprised when something is good and not disappointed when it's not. I see it more as an opportunity to let the kid in me indulge in "bad" foods I don't let myself eat when I'm at home. In the mdr I usually enjoy the appetizers and desserts the most. If it doesn't taste good I don't eat it and if I'm still hungry I go hit the buffet or get a burger. All said, I make the most of it and overall enjoy the food.

I can see how a long time cruiser might feel slighted by little cutbacks here and there. But, I would expect more loyalty programs on more expensive lines. With carnival being the cheapest they don't really have to offer too many incentives to keep people coming. The price is the incentive. Now that doesn't mean they don't have to remain competitive. It seems they are trying to streamline things so they can keep the prices low.

What is the point of being loyal, and keep cruising with Carnival? Over the past 10 years I have been on 8 cruises. The latest one being with the Ecstasy just last week. The multiple "small" cut backs have greatly added up compromising the cruise experience that they once had. From turn down service, to lobster and the smallest paying for a deck a cards that were once free at guest services. And now with F2F, you can buy the perks that a loyal customer receives. Why would one not go to a different cruise line and receive the quality vacation with the newest and greatest that carnival once provided? Has anyone else felt the same, and thinking of being done with Carnival?

There are lots of cruise lines that are loaded with perks! But you have to pay more. Your choice... perks or money.

We sail Carnival because we like the product.

We're not fussy cruisers. Give us a clean bed, clean towels daily, deck chairs in the sun, cold drinks in our hands, and food served to us and we're happy.

Hopefully you'll find a vacation you enjoy.

Have a great day.

Love it!!! We would get along fine on a cruise with people like you.

I just priced a cruise for April 2017. Out of New York on the Breakaway with NCL on a Bahamas itinerary it was $3300 for a mid-ship balcony. Out of Baltimore on the Pride with CCL it was $1900 for a mid-ship balcony. (RCCL was in the $2600 range). That's enough reason for me to continue sail with CCL.:)

(Our trip on the Fascination for next year was $800 less than a comparable cruise with NCL.)

What is the point of being loyal, and keep cruising with Carnival? Over the past 10 years I have been on 8 cruises. The latest one being with the Ecstasy just last week. The multiple "small" cut backs have greatly added up compromising the cruise experience that they once had. From turn down service, to lobster and the smallest paying for a deck a cards that were once free at guest services. And now with F2F, you can buy the perks that a loyal customer receives. Why would one not go to a different cruise line and receive the quality vacation with the newest and greatest that carnival once provided? Has anyone else felt the same, and thinking of being done with Carnival?

People often believe that they are getting the best bargain on a Carnival Cruise but in reality, they are removing the services, food, and entertainment that once made Carnival a great choice. Price wise, you can get on other cruise lines for the same or possibly slight more than on Carnival. So if you pay an extra $100 per person on a 7 day cruise, and get better entertainment, food, and service. A "bargain" is getting the level of service for an affordable price. Getting the cheapest is not always a bargain and Carnival is the cheapest cruise line, in both price and services.

We keep cruising with Carnival because we like the informality of the cruise line.

We became Platinum about the time they changed the loyalty program so what they cut, we don't miss because we never enjoyed it to begin with.

We like the prices on Carnival which allows us to do only B2B (14 day) cruises.

We find we choose Carnival less and less, as they have cut service and quality to match their low prices. You can't even "buy up" unless it's a cabin, and even with the better cabins they give you nothing. so I'd rather pay more elsewhere and get more. I miss the old Carnival days, where you actually paid less and got more.

You can get am inside on Regent for $500 or a balcony on Carnival for $100. Would you be 5 times happier?

I think that someone who makes $50,000 a year will be as happy spending $100 on Carnival as someone who makes $250,000 a year spending $500 on Regent. It's all relative. Different products for different tastes and different income levels.

We were dedicated Carnival Cruisers in the past, and are in fact have reached Platinum Level several years ago. Carnival was once our first choice, now it is our last (if no other cruises are available). I do see the reason for the cutbacks, and I am sure that many individuals still want to sail Carnival (price before quality).

However the cutbacks in the shows, quality of food, other entertainment, and overall the environment have to us, had profound effects on the quality of the cruise. I feel that spending a little more gets you a much better experience on a cruise line such as Celebrity.

In addition, we have also seen an increase in fighting, intoxicated passengers, and gangs of children/teenagers often wandering the ships. On one cruise we were afraid to go into the Disco because of the "gangs" hanging outside (security did nothing). On another cruise we saw the maitre'd having to repair the ice-cream machine, because it was vandalized during the evening. The halls are often limited from dishes of food, and to use very unsanitary.

I am sure that many individuals will say that these are the exceptions, but to me, in my humble opinion, Carnival has so cut back services that I no longer feel it is worth the money.

P.S.: Forgot to mention where Carnival used to have the best and brightest ships, they no longer can compare to RCCL, and NCL.

I think that someone who makes $50,000 a year will be as happy spending $100 on Carnival as someone who makes $250,000 a year spending $500 on Regent. It's all relative. Different products for different tastes and different income levels.

Excellent point.

I fit the first demographic. Give me a clean room, 3 squares a day, and lots of sun for a good price, and I'll be a happy cruiser :)

We were dedicated Carnival Cruisers in the past, and are in fact have reached Platinum Level several years ago. Carnival was once our first choice, now it is our last (if no other cruises are available). I do see the reason for the cutbacks, and I am sure that many individuals still want to sail Carnival (price before quality).

However the cutbacks in the shows, quality of food, other entertainment, and overall the environment have to us, had profound effects on the quality of the cruise. I feel that spending a little more gets you a much better experience on a cruise line such as Celebrity.

In addition, we have also seen an increase in fighting, intoxicated passengers, and gangs of children/teenagers often wandering the ships. On one cruise we were afraid to go into the Disco because of the "gangs" hanging outside (security did nothing). On another cruise we saw the maitre'd having to repair the ice-cream machine, because it was vandalized during the evening. The halls are often limited from dishes of food, and to use very unsanitary.

I am sure that many individuals will say that these are the exceptions, but to me, in my humble opinion, Carnival has so cut back services that I no longer feel it is worth the money.

P.S.: Forgot to mention where Carnival used to have the best and brightest ships, they no longer can compare to RCCL, and NCL.

Your experience is your own...but seriously? Gangs?

We have been cruising for over 8 years now and I will tell you that we don't go for the FuFu factor. We go to relax and just go with the flow. If you are worried about turn down servise and free cards then I feel sorry for you. We go to experience the memories and time spent with each other. The old saying goes the worst day on a cruise beats the beat day at work.

I am sorry but perhaps you meant a group of several people as your definition of a gang. Were they dressed in gang colors or brandishing gang signs? Did they self-identify as gang members? Sometimes a group of people standing around laughing and talking loudly in front of a venue can be a little off-setting but I have never seen gang members on a cruise unless they did not wear identifying clothing.

Have been since 2012. Enjoy Princess.