Is this true???!!!

Cruisegirl6

You never got "turn down" service twice a day, ever. Got a morning cabin service where the bed(s) were made, towels changed (if on the floor), and light cleaning. And also got an evening service which included "turn down" service and towel replacement if required. On the test ships, you can chose Morning Service, Evening Service, or BOTH. If your selection card has only two check boxes (Morning, Evening), then check them both if you want both.

The other two would not be a decision maker for using a cruise line for any reasonable adult.

Turn down service is just a play on words. It is referring to the steward coming in twice/day. Once to make up the beds and the other to turn them down.

On another post I read that Carnival no longer gives you turn down service twice, that you choose am or pm is this true? When did this start if its true?

I also read they took away the lobster on less than 7 night cruises, is this also true? Are we able to purchase lobster and or a better steak on short cruises in the MDR for an uncharge?

I also read on a few posts that the Drinks on Us Card now applies to your Cheers maximum 15 drinks is this true?

If all of these are true, Carnival is going to loose our money and my family that travels with us such as my daughter and her bf and my father in law, that adds up a lot of money especially when we take a couple of carnival cruises each year.

What year was it you did a couple of Carnival cruises?

1) On another post I read that Carnival no longer gives you turn down service twice, that you choose am or pm is this true? When did this start if its true?

2) I also read they took away the lobster on less than 7 night cruises, is this also true?

3) Are we able to purchase lobster and or a better steak on short cruises in the MDR for an uncharge?

4) I also read on a few posts that the Drinks on Us Card now applies to your Cheers maximum 15 drinks is this true?

If all of these are true, Carnival is going to loose our money and my family that travels with us such as my daughter and her bf and my father in law, that adds up a lot of money especially when we take a couple of carnival cruises each year.

1) No this is not true!

2) Yes, this is true!

3) Yes, you can purchase steakhouse selections.

4) I don't know if this is true. I did read a post where one person claimed this but no one confirmed it.

If lack of lobster on formal night is a game changer for you then you need to start looking for another cruise line but be aware both Royal Caribbean and Princess cruise line did away with lobster on formal night a long time ago. I'm not sure whether Norwegian still offers it. Perhaps somebody here can shed light on that.

Just returned this morning from an eight night cruise on the Carnival Pride. Our cabin was serviced twice each day. I am a Diamond member and I have NEVER had any problems with service on any Carnival ship. Also, on the first dress up night, we each had two lobster tails in the main dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1) No this is not true!

2) Yes, this is true!

3) Yes, you can purchase steakhouse selections.

4) I don't know if this is true. I did read a post where one person claimed this but no one confirmed it.

If lack of lobster on formal night is a game changer for you then you need to start looking for another cruise line but be aware both Royal Caribbean and Princess cruise line did away with lobster on formal night a long time ago. I'm not sure whether Norwegian still offers it. Perhaps somebody here can shed light on that.

We sailed on 4 Princess cruises this past year and had lobster on formal night every time so they have not taken it away. I must say it was very nice lobster. They served it with prawns which made Carnivals lobster tail look like cocktail shrimp.

Just returned this morning from an eight night cruise on the Carnival Pride. Our cabin was serviced twice each day. I am a Diamond member and I have NEVER had any problems with service on any Carnival ship. Also, on the first dress up night, we each had two lobster tails in the main dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They only removed the lobster tails from cruises of 5 nights or less. You can still order the "steakhouse" lobsters from the MDR, even on ships without a steakhouse. From what I hear (I haven't had them myself), they are better than the rubbery lobster tails.

Would they have a steak up charge?

Well for one if ordering from the steakhouse you get a steakhouse quality steak, if eating in the steakhouse one pays the up charge there. So it makes sense there is an up charge in the MDR for it, as if there was no up charge nobody would go to the steakhouse and just order steakhouse quality steaks in the MDR.

Im sorry guess I didn't explain myself correctly, we are going on the Fascination there is no steakhouse but somebody told me we can get lobster in the MDR for a charge, my question is, can we get a steak also (other than what is offered on the current daily menu) and pay an extra charge?

Yes. $20.

Im sorry guess I didn't explain myself correctly, we are going on the Fascination there is no steakhouse but somebody told me we can get lobster in the MDR for a charge, my question is, can we get a steak also (other than what is offered on the current daily menu) and pay an extra charge?

GREAT NEWS! Just a simple question it doesn't matter but I am curious what type of steak do they give you (strip, filet mignon, sirloin, etc), just curious as it really doesn't matter as long as its a better steak but curious to know lol. Thanks.

GREAT NEWS! Just a simple question it doesn't matter but I am curious what type of steak do they give you (strip, filet mignon, sirloin, etc), just curious as it really doesn't matter as long as its a better steak but curious to know lol. Thanks.

I've seen both NY strip and filet mignon offered.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

We sailed on 4 Princess cruises this past year and had lobster on formal night every time so they have not taken it away. I must say it was very nice lobster. They served it with prawns which made Carnivals lobster tail look like cocktail shrimp.

They didn't have lobster on a cruise to Alaska in 2012 and I was told they had done away with it.

lyndamr, it is call Steakhouse selections and it varies a little each night but basically it offers some of the entrée on the steakhouse menu. I think there are 10 main dishes in the steakhouse and the SS in the MDR have 4 or 5 of them. They rotate, hence the reason I said the lobsters isn't there every night.

If my memory serves I think there is a sirloin, a fillet, a rib eye and a cowboy steak(rib chop) as well as a rosemary infused chicken, the ever sought after lobster, lamb chops and a fish, usually sea bass.

Unfortunately it does not feature the salad, appetizers, side dishes or desserts.

Too bad John Heald isn't here to answer this... sighs.

John has addressed these things over and over on FB, but folks continue to present rumors here and stir things up. And Cruise Critic folks continue to harass him on FB about Carnival not doing enough for Cruise Critic meet and greets. Seriously, folks, I enjoy coming here and reading everyone's reviews, good or bad. I get valuable information on ports, activities, etc. I've made friends and connected with them on cruises. But I don't think that just because some folks "meet" on the internet and then sail on the same cruise that Carnival or any other cruise line owes them freebies, whether it's food or gifts or that the captain has to take time out to meet up at these cruisers' convenience. I don't consider myself to be any more important/deserving than anyone else sailing on the same cruise I'm on. I'm sick to death of folks flaunting their platinum and diamond status as if that means they are owed having their every whim met by the cruise staff.

John has addressed these things over and over on FB, but folks continue to present rumors here and stir things up. And Cruise Critic folks continue to harass him on FB about Carnival not doing enough for Cruise Critic meet and greets. Seriously, folks, I enjoy coming here and reading everyone's reviews, good or bad. I get valuable information on ports, activities, etc. I've made friends and connected with them on cruises. But I don't think that just because some folks "meet" on the internet and then sail on the same cruise that Carnival or any other cruise line owes them freebies, whether it's food or gifts or that the captain has to take time out to meet up at these cruisers' convenience. I don't consider myself to be any more important/deserving than anyone else sailing on the same cruise I'm on. I'm sick to death of folks flaunting their platinum and diamond status as if that means they are owed having their every whim met by the cruise staff.

Amen!!! I wish there was a "like" button for this!