Heading to Port - Me and my NO SHOW!

Monorail Driver

I'm heading to port now, me and my no show(wife). Hope I can get on the ship with no problems. Don't know what I'm gonna tell them that I'm checking in by myself. Just hoping it goes smoothly.

Just check in and say she'll be checking in later.

Oh no, I hope you'll enjoy your cruise nonetheless! I don't think they will give you any trouble ... just tell them she couldn't make it and it will just be you. It won't be the first time they have a no show!

Have a great trip!

I don't think they will give you any trouble ... just tell them she couldn't make it and it will just be you.

Wouldn't this risk additional charges? I was never clear on how that worked!

Have a fab cruise! :)

Edited by pcakes122

Tell them she is not coming after all. She should get her port charges refunded.

Do you have travel insurance so that you can get the rest of her fare refunded?

I hope you have an awesome cruise, making lots of friends.

As I mentioned, I'm not clear on how it works, but the OP had started another thread awhile ago looking for advice on whether to cancel or no-show and there was a lively debate with lots of info related to insurance claims, port charges, etc. I still don't really understand it, but I thought the consensus was that the OP should just show up at the pier and check in and not provide advance warning to NCL that his wife was not coming.

So I wasn't sure if advising that his wife would not be coming would be seen as a cancellation by NCL and have a financial impact.

He most definitely needs to inform them at check in that she will not be coming so that they don't hold off sail away waiting for her. Even if they would only wait a short while it would still put a kink in everyone else's holiday...

The fare is already paid.

He most definitely needs to inform them at check in that she will not be coming so that they don't hold off sail away waiting for her. Even if they would only wait a short while it would still put a kink in everyone else's holiday...

The fare is already paid.

They won't hold sail away unless there was a group held up that was booked through NCL trAve arrangements. Check in must be done at least 60 or 90 minutes before sail away time.

They won't hold sail away unless there was a group held up that was booked through NCL trAve arrangements. Check in must be done at least 60 or 90 minutes before sail away time.

Well, that would depend on the ship and/or Captain. I know for a fact the CCL Fantasy here in Charleston delayed sail away for an hour for one person....

Here is the OP's previous thread, which already contains the answers to some of your questions:

Within 14 days: Cancel or No show?????

He most definitely needs to inform them at check in that she will not be coming so that they don't hold off sail away waiting for her.
I don't know if they will actually hold the ship, but I imagine that they have different procedures for when an entire cabin of people is missing and they have no information about them (not much they can do in that case), and when one person boards and tells them the other person is "coming later", and that person is still not there when check-in closes. They have every reason to believe that this is a major emergency for the passengers involved and they will potentially devote time and manpower to worrying about this, completely needlessly.

On the other hand, they have plenty of experience with all sorts of no-show situations, and they must know that the Internet says that passengers should withhold information from the cruise line, or give false information, in certain cases.

I think the OP should expect a call in the stateroom (or if he is not there, name called out over the ship's PA system) asking "should we be worried about your wife?" and he can either come clean at that time and say she's not coming after all, or continue to milk the story and for the whole cruise he can be the guy who got stood up by his wife at the pier :p

Well, that would depend on the ship and/or Captain. I know for a fact the CCL Fantasy here in Charleston delayed sail away for an hour for one person....

That person may have been on a Carnival transfer that was delayed. Normally you can not check in after a certain time and they will not hold the ship for a late guest hoping they will show.

• 1 year later...
I'm heading to port now, me and my no show(wife). Hope I can get on the ship with no problems. Don't know what I'm gonna tell them that I'm checking in by myself. Just hoping it goes smoothly.

Did this work out of for you I'm curious to know

OP has not posted anything since Feb 2016. Guessing he is not active here?

Sorry very new to this sailing with royal soon and my roommmste will be a no show just wondering how it will pan out reading most of the posts on here it should be fine although have heard of the odd person saying they where charged single supplement when they told the other person was a no show which worries me