Is anyone sailing on the Caribbean Princes 11-8-2015

ChiefBoats

I am watching the CP in Houston getting ready to leave on the port webcam and the parking lot which was full this morning is now almost empty. I wonder how much of a passenger load they have on this 7 day cruise. I know that it is shown pretty much sold out the next couple of weeks. In fact there are only some ocean view and interiors available on the November 29th cruise which we are booked on.:confused:

What difference does it make? Most Princess cruises sail full. Pretty sure your cruise will be sold out within the next 10 days. Are you asking this because of a possible upsell?

Nina,

It don't make any difference. So let's not get all wound up with a simple question.:rolleyes: We live 20 minutes from the ship terminal and enjoy watching the ships come and go. Normally the parking lot is full for any given cruise but this time it is pretty much empty.

And as for as wanting an better price, our cruise is paid and we never worry about getting a better price. We sail regardless of the sales going on and we only sail Princess.:)

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Edited by ChiefBoats

I almost felt morally obligated to book the Christmas cruise this year[emoji39]. Looked at Disney a couple of years ago and decided against itches they left. More ships is TX = lower prices on all lines so I hope our two cabin booking encourages Princess to keep wintering in Galveston.

I almost felt morally obligated to book the Christmas cruise this year[emoji39]. Looked at Disney a couple of years ago and decided against itches they left. More ships is TX = lower prices on all lines so I hope our two cabin booking encourages Princess to keep wintering in Galveston.

You do realize that Princess is leaving Texas, right? There were just too many problems!

Nina,

It don't make any difference. So let's not get all wound up with a simple question.:rolleyes: We live 20 minutes from the ship terminal and enjoy watching the ships come and go. Normally the parking lot is full for any given cruise but this time it is pretty much empty.

And as for as wanting an better price, our cruise is paid and we never worry about getting a better price. We sail regardless of the sales going on and we only sail Princess.:)

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Sorry, I just didn't understand your question... still don't!

I am watching the CP in Houston getting ready to leave on the port webcam and the parking lot which was full this morning is now almost empty. I wonder how much of a passenger load they have on this 7 day cruise. I know that it is shown pretty much sold out the next couple of weeks. In fact there are only some ocean view and interiors available on the November 29th cruise which we are booked on.:confused:

Here is my guess as to what you were seeing. No first hand knowledge, were on the CB next Sunday. The first cruise out of Houston this year was a 4 day sailing over a weekend. These sailings would attract many "locals" or those who are in driving distance to the port. For the 7 day varieties you'd attract more people who fly to the port, that's us next week. That may be the variation in parking that you see.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess this morning. We were on the first sailing from Houston, the quick 4-day getaway cruise to Progreso, Mexico. The sailing was SOLD OUT -- there were people at the purser's desk asking to be put on the 'upgrade list' (never heard of it, but whatever) and they were told there would be no upgrades available as the ship was sold out.

Also, the parking lot was completely FULL when we sailed. We were one of the first ones in the lot, so in the front row. I remarked to my husband "look they even put in overflow parking which isn't paved (looked like gravel)". When we were on deck for sail away, we could see our vehicle from the ship. We then both said "holy cow, the parking lot is so full the overflow lot is packed too!" so I specifically remember that.

Nope. Didn't . Disney left and came book too. Hopefully no problems in 5 WEEKS!

Disney didn't really "come back." As part of the terms allowing them to break their original contract, they had to agree to do "occasional" cruises out of Galveston. All they are doing is honoring that clause in the contract. Their cruises out of Galveston sold very poorly and there were all sorts of discounts available on many sailing dates.

You do realize that Princess is leaving Texas, right? There were just too many problems!

With the permanent assignment of a number of Princess ships to Asia and Australia, there are less remaining to serve North America and Houston was not as profitable as other home ports can be.

Also, the Port of Houston had to bribe both Princess and NCL to sail from Houston by paying them for every cruise, not charging port fees, and sharing parking income. Those agreements end next spring and both Princess and NCL will not be returning.

And if all you want to do is sail to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize, those itineraries already existed from Galveston on two other cruise lines.

Only for the current season is Princess having some alternative itineraries that can attract passengers who are tired of Cozumel, Roatan and Belize.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess this morning. We were on the first sailing from Houston, the quick 4-day getaway cruise to Progreso, Mexico. The sailing was SOLD OUT

Quite different from the previous two years.

Two years ago that 4 day voyage was at least a third empty.

Last year it was a 5 day voyage that had more passengers, but still was not sold out.

Not sure how they managed to sell out this year. There was no deep discounting the last few weeks. In fact prices increased.

Quite different from the previous two years.

Two years ago that 4 day voyage was at least a third empty.

Last year it was a 5 day voyage that had more passengers, but still was not sold out.

Not sure how they managed to sell out this year. There was no deep discounting the last few weeks. In fact prices increased.

Maybe the public prices increased but I know I received some targeted firesale prices on a drop and go promotion. They were very cheap, in fact I might have come out ahead with the OBC I get.

However as I am in Fl it would cost me $250 or so roundtrip air to Houston plus shuttle charges so I might as well pay more to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, not have the hassle of airports and just drive there.

Maybe the public prices increased but I know I received some targeted firesale prices on a drop and go promotion. They were very cheap, in fact I might have come out ahead with the OBC I get.

However as I am in Fl it would cost me $250 or so roundtrip air to Houston plus shuttle charges so I might as well pay more to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, not have the hassle of airports and just drive there.

I had asked my TA for pricing and she did not have any drop and go pricing, just what was on the Princess web site.

Edited by caribill

Pricing did drop about a month before the sailing, then went back up. The lowest I saw was $189 pp for inside cabins, and $249 pp for balconies. I checked Princess' website everyday just to track pricing to compare to what we had. Those are some pretty cheap prices IMHO....you could hardly book a hotel for 4 nights for that!