Bev. Package Options on Regal 1/3/16

s_mich

Hello all! I have been searching around the forum for about an hour to try and find some answers to my questions, but I figured I would make my own thread because I am not finding quite what I am looking for.

Trying to find out more info on the Princess bev. packages, this will be our first time on a Princess cruise (hubs first time period) and I am trying to decide on what packages to purchase. I have noticed nothing mentioned on the website about wine packages, but I keep seeing people talking about them.

My question is, does anyone know if the Silver or Gold wine packages are available on the Regal Princess. My husband and I will be on the Regal our of Ft. Lauderdale on 1/3/16. Is it possible for me to email someone at Princess and ask?

Also, does anyone know the latest prices per drink on the ship. I have seen a lot of stuff pointing towards cocktails being around $8.00 per drink. Sound about right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello all! I have been searching around the forum for about an hour to try and find some answers to my questions, but I figured I would make my own thread because I am not finding quite what I am looking for.

Trying to find out more info on the Princess bev. packages, this will be our first time on a Princess cruise (hubs first time period) and I am trying to decide on what packages to purchase. I have noticed nothing mentioned on the website about wine packages, but I keep seeing people talking about them.

My question is, does anyone know if the Silver or Gold wine packages are available on the Regal Princess. My husband and I will be on the Regal our of Ft. Lauderdale on 1/3/16. Is it possible for me to email someone at Princess and ask?

Also, does anyone know the latest prices per drink on the ship. I have seen a lot of stuff pointing towards cocktails being around $8.00 per drink. Sound about right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you're a wine drinker the All Inclusive Beverage Package is a great deal. Yes, it's $50 a day or so but if you like wine...well most good wines by the glass at Vines (the wine bar) are over $8 anyway. Plus factor in bottled waters, brewed coffee, cappuccinos, shakes and our favorite raspberry-pomegranate refreshers it becomes a great deal quickly. No need to purchase bottles at dinner, all the wines by the glass are included! Including port and after dinner drinks.

If you're a wine drinker the All Inclusive Beverage Package is a great deal. Yes, it's $50 a day or so but if you like wine...well most good wines by the glass at Vines (the wine bar) are over $8 anyway. Plus factor in bottled waters, brewed coffee, cappuccinos, shakes and our favorite raspberry-pomegranate refreshers it becomes a great deal quickly. No need to purchase bottles at dinner, all the wines by the glass are included! Including port and after dinner drinks.

I second that! The all inclusive package is great! The wine at Vines is much better than in the MDR. Plus you get 30% off bottles under $100 but we never got one. Vines was perfect for us.

This thread has an excel spread sheet with all the prices of drinks. I believe the most current spreadsheet is on post 206 but I could be wrong.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&highlight=ai

Hope this helps!

:)

This is awesome, thank you so much! :D

The refreshers sound awesome!!! I only wish I could purchase it for only certain days, I worry the days we are in port I will not use it as much. My husband really does not drink, on our 7 day cruise he might have 3 beers and maybe a few cocktails. I just don't know about spending $300+ on just me to drink. I do like that we can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard. Can you bring more wine on board when you get to the next port? Like you embark, bring on your 2 allowed bottles. Drink those. Get to your first port on the trip, purchase another bottle of wine and bring it on, do you know if that is that allowed?

This is awesome, thank you so much! :D

The refreshers sound awesome!!! I only wish I could purchase it for only certain days, I worry the days we are in port I will not use it as much. My husband really does not drink, on our 7 day cruise he might have 3 beers and maybe a few cocktails. I just don't know about spending $300+ on just me to drink. I do like that we can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard. Can you bring more wine on board when you get to the next port? Like you embark, bring on your 2 allowed bottles. Drink those. Get to your first port on the trip, purchase another bottle of wine and bring it on, do you know if that is that allowed?

You can bring on more wine at embarkation but you will need to pay $15 corkage on the additional bottles. At ports, there may be a table set up to check in wine and pay corkage if you have already brought two bottles on board or there may be nothing. When you pay corkage on a bottle, the bottle will be stamped or a sticker added to show that you have paid corkage. Any wine you bring to drink with a meal will be charged a $15 corkage fee if it doesn't have a sticker/stamp.

You can bring on more wine at embarkation but you will need to pay $15 corkage on the additional bottles. At ports, there may be a table set up to check in wine and pay corkage if you have already brought two bottles on board or there may be nothing. When you pay corkage on a bottle, the bottle will be stamped or a sticker added to show that you have paid corkage. Any wine you bring to drink with a meal will be charged a $15 corkage fee if it doesn't have a sticker/stamp.

So does that mean you can bring on more than one bottle per person at embarkation as long as you pay the corkage fee? Just trying to understand correctly, thanks :)

...Also, does anyone know the latest prices per drink on the ship. I have seen a lot of stuff pointing towards cocktails being around $8.00 per drink. Sound about right?...
Most drinks cost between $7.95 and $8.95. There is 15% gratuity added to all beverages. Currently there are buy one, get one for a $1 Happy Hours at 3:00PM and 11:00PM.

I second that! The all inclusive package is great! The wine at Vines is much better than in the MDR. Plus you get 30% off bottles under $100 but we never got one. Vines was perfect for us.

Just one small correction... you get 40% off full bottles of wine $100 or less. Hey, every 10% counts! :cool: