Cruise Planner

Any idea why I can make specialty dining reservations for our March 27th Navigator cruise but I can't make any for our Feb 27 Brilliance cruise? We can buy drink packages and purchase excursions, just can't make dining reservations. I called yesterday but gave up after 20 minutes on hold.

Thanks,

Cathy

Any idea why I can make specialty dining reservations for our March 27th Navigator cruise but I can't make any for our Feb 27 Brilliance cruise? We can buy drink packages and purchase excursions, just can't make dining reservations. I called yesterday but gave up after 20 minutes on hold.

Thanks,

Cathy

I believe that your ability to make dining reservations will become available 90 days prior to your departure.

Mystery of Royal. Dining is supposed to become available 90 days, but clearly your March cruise is far beyond that. Not worth calling Royal because they will just give you the status quo. I was once able to choose dining on Quantum a year out. Timing is meaningless.

Would be interesting if anyone has any better insight, but I really don't think there is any. Royal will simply post it when they post it. I look sporadically on Royal's website for my May cruise, but check in on my rollcall about everyday to see if anyone has posted whether it's available.

Thanks folks. If there's one thing we do know, consistency is not part of Royal Caribbean's vocabulary. I'll just stay patient till the 90 day mark.

Cathy

I just hit the 90 day mark for my February cruise. The online check in became available but that's it. Dining reservations can't be done yet.

There is clearly a lot of variation - between ships and between sailings. Some ships tend to open reservations earlier and others later - but then sometimes that changes. Some ships open dining and entertainment almost at the same time - others may differ by months. And a given ship may open a block of reservations for a four week period all at once, so some sailings may open at 120 days and others at 90, for example.

At the end of the day, I have come to anticipate reservations at "about" 90 days, with lots of variation, both short and long. I have not been disappointed in that expectation.

bobj

Edited by johnbob7

Yep...different for every ship and every sailing. Who knows why. I was able to make my dining reservations for a Grandeur cruise more than 6 months in advance but had to call and plead with them to open the dining reservations on an Oasis cruise that was less than 60 days out. No rhyme or reason to it as far as I can tell.

• Haha 1