Back Aboard LIBERTY, A PIC HEAVY Recap of a Great Cruise.

seannyice81

You definitely know how to end a day's entry with suspense! Well, maybe not suspense, but certainly curiosity. I can't wait to see what happens the next day. Thanks for writing such great blog entries!

Thanks!

SPOILER ALERT... My feet touch sand ;)

Bring on more pictures! I did this trip last summer, it was the best. I enjoy having more port days than days at sea. Looking forward to more of your review.

Thanks.

More pictures soon!

Would you recommend the catamaran excursion in St Kitts to Nevis? Trying to decide between that and a catamaran excursion to St. John while we're in St Thomas.

I do.

In my opinion, St. John is best experienced if you take the ferry from Red Hook Bay and get around there by foot or taxi. Cruz Bay is a great place to be and Trunk Bay is really beautiful. With Catamaran excursions through the ship or not, you're limited to the times set by them. I would go own your own and set your own pace. Spend the time where you want to.

In contrast, I do recommend the Catamaran in to Nevis. While the beach wasn't all that great, I do think it was one of the better catamaran excursions I've had. It does at least get you to Nevis and there are some decent bars right there on the beach. But it does more than get you to Nevis though. The snorkeling was very good and the overall experience on the catamaran was awesome if not hilarious at times. Also, if you like hanging out with crew, they seem to like this excursion as well.:cool:

I do.

In my opinion, St. John is best experienced if you take the ferry from Red Hook Bay and get around there by foot or taxi. Cruz Bay is a great place to be and Trunk Bay is really beautiful. With Catamaran excursions through the ship or not, you're limited to the times set by them. I would go own your own and set your own pace. Spend the time where you want to.

In contrast, I do recommend the Catamaran in to Nevis. While the beach wasn't all that great, I do think it was one of the better catamaran excursions I've had. It does at least get you to Nevis and there are some decent bars right there on the beach. But it does more than get you to Nevis though. The snorkeling was very good and the overall experience on the catamaran was awesome if not hilarious at times. Also, if you like hanging out with crew, they seem to like this excursion as well.:cool:

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation. April can't get here soon enough.

St Kitts sounds like a good time! Minus the monkeys im not an animal lover, but so glad they didnt hump your ear. OMG I was dying when you wrote that. Loving how you tell a story!

A good horn battle is always fun. Makes ya feel like a lil kid making the horn pull motion to truckers on the freeway LOL.

cant wait to read more!

St Kitts sounds like a good time! Minus the monkeys im not an animal lover, but so glad they didnt hump your ear. OMG I was dying when you wrote that. Loving how you tell a story!

A good horn battle is always fun. Makes ya feel like a lil kid making the horn pull motion to truckers on the freeway LOL.

cant wait to read more!

Our captain didn't use the horn as much... "Hey, I paid for this cruise, blow that dang horn!"

More on the way!

Glad to see you made it to St. Maarten and had a better day at Maho. You were there the same day our flight landed in St. Maarten! We were on the later JetBlue from JFK though so I'm sure you were long gone by then. That place never gets old no matter how many trips I take.

Glad to see you made it to St. Maarten and had a better day at Maho. You were there the same day our flight landed in St. Maarten! We were on the later JetBlue from JFK though so I'm sure you were long gone by then. That place never gets old no matter how many trips I take.

That is definitely true of St. Maarten... I could go back and see the French side next time, ferry over to St. Barths, or ferry to Saba. Lots to do there!

Small world, right? If you arrived before 1:30-ish I would have seen your plane. I did get some JetBlue arrival photos.

hi Sean - another excellent review. :)

Always enjoy reviews where a lot of the pics are showing the local beer bottle. :D Looking forward to adding to my own collection at the new places we'll visit on our Journeys cruise in February.

Thanks and Cheers!

IONX0129_zpssb05hyhr.jpg

Thanks for writing this review! We just sailed the 6 day itinerary on Liberty on October 18-24 and loved it! I've only been on 4 cruises, but I think Liberty is my favorite ship now. It was Victory, but I liked the decor of Liberty more and loved the chandelier in the atrium.

When we sailed in 2013 I was having ridiculous stomach issues and was eating gluten free at my doc's advice. We did my time dining and it worked out really well. The same waitress/maitre'd checked in with me every night and I ordered the next days' worth of food and they always found me. Of course, we ended up eating with the same wait staff because we requested them, but it was really awesome to see how much effort Carnival went through to ensure that I had food I could eat.

I agree with you about the pools though; I had read trippingpara's review earlier and was really surprised about how many of the tiles were missing from around the pools and how many more tiles just looked rusted. They also re-finished/re-painted or whatever it is you do to water slides while we were on the ship. I was just happy I had gone on the slide before they did that because it was closed for a couple days while it dried, I assume. Thanks for helping me relive our trip!

Thanks for referring to the airport as Washington National and not that other unpleasant moniker it has.

Ahhh, politics. haha. I always grew up with it being Washington National. I thought Reagan was an odd choice for the name if not very polarizing.

Thanks for writing this review! We just sailed the 6 day itinerary on Liberty on October 18-24 and loved it! I've only been on 4 cruises, but I think Liberty is my favorite ship now. It was Victory, but I liked the decor of Liberty more and loved the chandelier in the atrium.

When we sailed in 2013 I was having ridiculous stomach issues and was eating gluten free at my doc's advice. We did my time dining and it worked out really well. The same waitress/maitre'd checked in with me every night and I ordered the next days' worth of food and they always found me. Of course, we ended up eating with the same wait staff because we requested them, but it was really awesome to see how much effort Carnival went through to ensure that I had food I could eat.

I agree with you about the pools though; I had read trippingpara's review earlier and was really surprised about how many of the tiles were missing from around the pools and how many more tiles just looked rusted. They also re-finished/re-painted or whatever it is you do to water slides while we were on the ship. I was just happy I had gone on the slide before they did that because it was closed for a couple days while it dried, I assume. Thanks for helping me relive our trip!

Thanks!

No wonder the slide looked so green!

For a 6-day you all had a pretty decent itinerary, including Dominica if I'm not mistaken. I too was surprised to read that they had supposedly refinished the pools. I'll be sharing a photo in the coming days on that topic too.

The diet thing definitely worked. I was also fortunate that I had an app on my phone that guided me and that the wifi this cruise was excellent. While I had some of the more "bland" options on the menus, I can happily say I still enjoyed all the food I was served. I suggest everyone with digestive issues read into this a little and if you have any doubts, to contact Carnival. They were very helpful.

Liberty will always be THE ship to me. Even after sailing Breeze and looking forward to Vista, Liberty was the first ship I sailed. The nicest decor of it's class is just a bonus. :)

Not a fan of monkeys and I've heard unpleasant stories about how they're stolen from their mothers when they're tiny and I don't much like that idea. I don't blame locals for wanting to cash in on tourist dollars, but don't like the use of animals to do this.

Anyway, I'm not a swimmer, so snorkeling trips aren't my thing. I hope we have better weather in Nevis, but I'll just be happy to finally get there! We get an island tour once we arrive, so we'll see more than just the beach (but will get some time there, too).

We don't really have plans for St Thomas (since cabin-mate used to have a timeshare there and has seen/done it all many times), so I'm thinking of taking the ride up to Paradise Point after the crowd thins. I may even cough up the bucks for the photos with the exotic birds. I love them!

Did you guys have a M&G? Did I miss that? I was hoping for a group photo.

And are there already plans for another sailing from San Juan next year?

Did you guys have a M&G? Did I miss that? I was hoping for a group photo.

And are there already plans for another sailing from San Juan next year?

There was supposed to be a meet and greet but there was confusion over times. One post said 2, the other 4. I made it to the 4pm one and found nobody. At 2 I was having beer with Carol.

No plans for another sailing in November (at least for me and much of the group).