Back Aboard LIBERTY, A PIC HEAVY Recap of a Great Cruise.

seannyice81

Great review so far!!!

Question...Do they allow you to bring more bottles of wine on once you leave the ship?

Happy sailing!!!

Thanks!

Technically, no.

Each person's experience with that varies.

Edited by seannyice81

I smiled when I read your comment about looking for the guy with the parrots. Almost 10 years ago San Juan was one of our ports and the guy with the parrots had my oldest son (then 15) pose with the parrots and a ship's wheel, then took his picture with a Polaroid camera. We paid him $10. Today that son is an officer in the Navy and that photo is one of our wallpaper pictures on my computer. Best $10 I've ever spent.:)

Your review is great - thanks for sharing it!

I'm really enjoying your review and always looking for more updates.

On your latest installment when you got up at 3AM for interior pictures of Liberty...the venues were still open? Maybe I need to try that the next time. I got up at 5:30am on St. Lucia morning and so many of them were closed, as in doors locked closed.

Looking forward to the rest. :)

Loving your review. We were on that sailing as well and I am reliving our fun through your fantastic pictures.Curious as to your thoughts on the main dining room- quality of the food as well as the service. Our group of 12 felt the quality and service had gone down considerable since our cruise 2 years ago. We went to the steakhouse several nights and had wonderful experiences.

I smiled when I read your comment about looking for the guy with the parrots. Almost 10 years ago San Juan was one of our ports and the guy with the parrots had my oldest son (then 15) pose with the parrots and a ship's wheel, then took his picture with a Polaroid camera. We paid him $10. Today that son is an officer in the Navy and that photo is one of our wallpaper pictures on my computer. Best $10 I've ever spent.:)

Your review is great - thanks for sharing it!

My parrot photos came out awesome. Stay tuned for when I get back to San Juan ;) .

Thanks!

I'm really enjoying your review and always looking for more updates.

On your latest installment when you got up at 3AM for interior pictures of Liberty...the venues were still open? Maybe I need to try that the next time. I got up at 5:30am on St. Lucia morning and so many of them were closed, as in doors locked closed.

Looking forward to the rest. :)

None of the venues were open other than having open doors. The only thing going was Pizza Pirate. Everything was empty and very peaceful.

Thanks!

Loving your review and the gorgeous pics. I have only been to st. Thomas/st. John once and that was my honeymoon years ago. But your pics are great reminders and I can't wait to get there next year.

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Thanks!

Loving your review. We were on that sailing as well and I am reliving our fun through your fantastic pictures.Curious as to your thoughts on the main dining room- quality of the food as well as the service. Our group of 12 felt the quality and service had gone down considerable since our cruise 2 years ago. We went to the steakhouse several nights and had wonderful experiences.

Thanks!

Honestly, I thought the food and menu selection in the dining room wasn't that great. Then again, I had to really watch what I ate and couldn't do some of my previously favorite dishes. The lack of bitter and blanc was one of the greater disappointments.

The service this cruise was the best I've had in all my cruises...and that says a lot after some good ones! Service was outstanding. Everything was on point and done with great attitudes and smiling faces. I always try to be very engaging with crew/staff and this cruise I really felt at home.

To each their own experience I suppose. Hope they step it up for you next cruise :).

Enjoying reading your review to hold me over till February

Thanks. I'll be here sooner than you think!

I love the pic with the birds!

Kim

Thanks! They were actually super chill!

Really excited for this review of my favorite itinerary! Your reviews are always good, and you have great pictures. Can't wait to see them! :D

Whats up! Thanks! Isn't it a great itinerary? So many good options in great ports. More on the way and I can't wait to move on to Barbados.

Thoroughly enjoying your travelogue!

I have almost the identical ambitious itinerary planned for St. Thomas / St. John in December.

I was wondering if you made the 8 or 9 am Ferry out of Red Hook?

Thanks!

We caught the 8am ferry with plenty of time to spare. If we were really on our toes, we might have even made the 7:30am ferry Like I did 2 years ago. All depends on when the ship makes port, how fast you're off, and how good of a cab driver you have :).

Love St. John! We had a great time there in April and cannot wait to head back!

St. John is my chunk of heaven. Such a great place, and it's mostly protected parkland to boot (so it won't be overly developed)!

We were in 8420 (although not a part of the Kiki or Troubleifics group I'd stumbled across through cruise critic and Facebook)..Other than deck chairs sliding in the middle of the night it was a great location. Your pics are amazing, it's nice to relive paradise!

Edited by sweenbean21

My parrot photos came out awesome. Stay tuned for when I get back to San Juan ;) .
That is an awesome photo from St. Thomas!:cool: We had a chance to do an iguana photo shoot in La Romana with our 19 YO son this past summer and I'm sorry now that we passed up the opportunity.

Amazing pictures, such vibrant colors. What camera and what post processing helped capture the St John pictures? They are AWESOME! (clearly there is an eye for photography that probably helps more than the gear!)

Edited by jb1677

Wow what gorgeous pictures! If my husband and I keep cruising, we will have to bite the bullet and fly to Florida so we can do the better itineraries.

I have your blog bookmarked on my iPad. :) I checked it a while back and have been waiting for this review!

Thanks! This itinerary was actually out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. I HIGHLY suggest it if you can. All the islands are beautiful!

We were in 8420 (although not a part of the Kiki or Troubleifics group I'd stumbled across through cruise critic and Facebook)..Other than deck chairs sliding in the middle of the night it was a great location. Your pics are amazing, it's nice to relive paradise!

Thanks! It was good being right near those aft stairs and elevators. The chairs in the middle of the night were a little perplexing, but not too much of a bother thankfully.

That is an awesome photo from St. Thomas!:cool: We had a chance to do an iguana photo shoot in La Romana with our 19 YO son this past summer and I'm sorry now that we passed up the opportunity.

Thanks! There are so many good photo ops in the Caribbean and it is not the last one you see. I hope you can make it back and have that cool photo taken.:cool:

do you know the name of the bar that Kenny Chesney owns on ST John ?

Unfortunately, I don't. He supposedly frequents St. John though. Given that Cruz and Coral Bays are really the biggest places, chances of seeing him are slightly better.

Amazing pictures, such vibrant colors. What camera and what post processing helped capture the St John pictures? They are AWESOME! (clearly there is an eye for photography that probably helps more than the gear!)

Thanks!

The cameras of choice are Nikon D90 with standard 18-55mm VR lens, iPhone 6, and ION Air Pro lite.

Post processing is done via Adobe Lightroom (touch-up) and Photoshop (for leveling).

--------------

Thats it for tonight!

I hope to have the sea day covered in the morning :)