Back Aboard LIBERTY, A PIC HEAVY Recap of a Great Cruise.

seannyice81

Hello everyone! The time has come again for another review!

This was an excellent cruise on Carnival Liberty, 11/1/2015. From San Juan to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. I've done this itinerary before, but I had good reasons to do it again. Liberty was the first ship I sailed on, and I was in the company of 100+ friends. Many things made this an excellent and interesting cruise, but here are a quick rundown of things I'll cover.

-Cruising with diet restrictions

-Cruise AND air totaling <$750

-Cruising with a large group

-What happens when you're nice to people

-Other passengers "having a good time" with tour guides.

-Nevis

-Turles, Shipwrecks, Octopus, parrots, eels, and monkeys

-Hiccups in San Juan

In the meantime, I'll tide you over with 3 photos!

DSC_0562_zps8dqa1j4q.jpg

DSC_0659_zpseqmp4ijj.jpg

DSC_0673_zps5d4kbkmg.jpg

Coming soon! I have A LOT of photos AND videos to sort!

Love your reviews!!! I'm really looking forward to this one since this is my favorite itinerary. We weren't going to cruise again this year but I'd been "arm twisting" DH and we ended up doing this itinerary again, on Liberty, this past September and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to your review, great pictures, and reliving our cruise.

Yay! I knew someone from that group would write a review! I really wanted to sail with everyone again, but with already having Bermuda booked on 10/23, I just couldn't quite manage it. So I "settled" for the 11-night Sunshine Journeys at the end of the month.

Maybe next year. I'm assuming that everyone is already planning on another San Juan cruise, right? :D

Looking forward to your thoughts on Nevis. I tried so hard to get people interested in going there when I sailed Conquest on 5/31 but had no luck. This time, we're going! Booked through Thenford Grey, who I've toured with twice in St Kitts.

I plan on booking this itinerary out of San Juan for April 2017 while I am on Conquest next week. The ship changes to the Fascination. Bummer, Liberty is my favorite ship. Hopefully they change ships since the cruise I am booking is so far out but I do like the ports in this itinerary.

I am looking forward to your review and pics. Thanks for posting.:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

Looking forward to your review! DH and I have been wanting to do this itinerary for a couple of years and keep putting it off. I was disappointed to see that the Liberty will be leaving and being replaced with the Fascination. We are probably going to put it off another couple of years until Carnival sends a different ship. I will just continue to take notes when I read all the wonderful reviews I see out of San Juan!

There aren't many reviews on Nevis and that is one place we were wanting to visit so I look forward to that portion of your review!

We were on this sailing with a group as well. I am looking forward to hearing your impressions! We had a fantastic time. Our only disappointment was the food and service in the MDR, assigned time, early seating. Our concerns were addressed while on board.

Love your reviews!!! I'm really looking forward to this one since this is my favorite itinerary. We weren't going to cruise again this year but I'd been "arm twisting" DH and we ended up doing this itinerary again, on Liberty, this past September and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to your review, great pictures, and reliving our cruise.

I am reading Holly's review now and LOVING it even tho we won't be going on Liberty any time soon. :(:( We did a B2B on her in January and I fell madly in love with her and reading reviews/seeing pictures is the next best thing to sailing on her, so I am anxious to read this. ;)